HDTVs

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I dont like this trend of fucking invites to buy stuff. Fucking thing lesucks.
Me either, looks like a great deal though, had to sign up.

Stand is a little worrisome with a cat, but I've got a corner for it, the cat couldn't get behind though.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Me either, looks like a great deal though, had to sign up.

Stand is a little worrisome with a cat, but I've got a corner for it, the cat couldn't get behind though.
I put a sound bar in front so he can't even get up there.

Vaclav

I put a sound bar in front so he can't even get up there.
That's what I thought about the 40" that came free with the XBOne earlier in the year. The "broken TV" I sent the combo back for was because the fucker pushed it over day one and cracked the screen. It was perfectly fine until we went to sleep and he got bored though. The corner is key so he won't get behind it - he likes to push TVs and other flat shit from behind. Plasma's too heavy for him and the 37" is mounted ATM.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Ended up buying the Vizio E55-C1. Had a 20% off coupon from target (wife shopped black friday) plus they give you a $50 gift card with the TV. TV came out to only $480 + $50 gift card so I can't complain.

Vaclav

Ended up buying the Vizio E55-C1. Had a 20% off coupon from target (wife shopped black friday) plus they give you a $50 gift card with the TV. TV came out to only $480 + $50 gift card so I can't complain.
It's a Vizio though...

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Looks great to me so far, and it's just for our office anyways. It also has great reviews on rtings

Column_sl

shitlord
There is nothing wrong with Vizios you just have to get lucky with the Panel lottery.

If you buy it from a store with a good return policy then it is no problem.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Speaking of which, how can I tell what panel I have and if it's good? So far it looks great to me, but I'm just a regular old dude.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I know in the samsung panel lottery, the box and the back of the tv will have a "Version:", separate from the model number itself.

I went with Samsung's UN55J6300 for $700 instead of the Vizio E55. The thinner panel does look pretty good mounted, not sure if it's worth the extra cost though. The price differential is, however, less than the effort I care to give in returning it, so whatever.

Any suggestions for managing cables when wall mounting? Hiding them completely behind the tv is not an option because moving the outlets would be a huge pain in the ass.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Any suggestions for managing cables when wall mounting? Hiding them completely behind the tv is not an option because moving the outlets would be a huge pain in the ass.
Theres two main options, short of running new outlets

You can hide the cables with a plastic tubing(and then most people would paint the tube the same color as their wall to make it blend in. like this:
weekend-warrior-tv.ashx

Or, there are kits you can buy that require you to cut a small hole in your drywall behind the TV, and then another down at the bottom of the wall, and then you feed the cords down through the wall to the bottom where they can plug in to your existing outlet & cable/satellite box. Home depot/Lowes sells kits to do this which come with little plastic facings to cover the holes and make them look nice.

SANUS_ELM806_LS-968x1024.jpeg

They can be complex like the ones pictured, or I've also seen ones that are simply nothing more than a 2-inch wide round circle hole for the cables

Column_sl

shitlord
Speaking of which, how can I tell what panel I have and if it's good? So far it looks great to me, but I'm just a regular old dude.
Yeah you have to look up the Version like Deathwing said.

To be honest tho, TV's are like furniture, as long as you are happy with what you got that is all that matters.

Some people hate High End TV's that have been professionally calibrated, it's all in the viewer experience.

The only time it might makes a huge difference is when you game because of input lag, but I don't even use Large TV's for that anymore since you can get 27 inch Benqs at 60hz that look, and play better then anything on the market.

Since you have to sit so far from a large screen anyway, having a monitor on a desk with a comfortable chair is much more relaxing then any couch gaming.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
One of the draws for the Vizio was the input lag was really good. Comparable to the Samsung j6200s for a fraction of the price.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Theres two main options, short of running new outlets

You can hide the cables with a plastic tubing(and then most people would paint the tube the same color as their wall to make it blend in. like this:
weekend-warrior-tv.ashx

Or, there are kits you can buy that require you to cut a small hole in your drywall behind the TV, and then another down at the bottom of the wall, and then you feed the cords down through the wall to the bottom where they can plug in to your existing outlet & cable/satellite box. Home depot/Lowes sells kits to do this which come with little plastic facings to cover the holes and make them look nice.

SANUS_ELM806_LS-968x1024.jpeg

They can be complex like the ones pictured, or I've also seen ones that are simply nothing more than a 2-inch wide round circle hole for the cables
I've got that 2nd kit. Works well but one better make sure you don't plan on moving your TV anywhere else anytime soon because you have to cut large holes in the drywall that will need to be professionally fixed unless you're really good with fixing drywall.. You also have to make sure there are no beams/insulation blocking your fish tool or you'll run into a world of pain when trying to pull wires. If you're mounting the TV on an outside facing wall you'll have insulation which makes pulling the wires a nightmare (my case).

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Heh, I read up on running wire through outside facing walls and just fuckthatshit. Luckily, my house was build with a hole in the floor/ceiling between levels so that fireplace heat could migrate between levels. Gave me access to the plenum(I don't use the fireplace) and ran the wire that way instead. TV on outside facing wall but didn't have to drill any new holes!

This is unrelated to the wall mounted tv.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
One of the draws for the Vizio was the input lag was really good. Comparable to the Samsung j6200s for a fraction of the price.
Yeah checked it out at Costco. It's a nice Tv with vibrant colors and decent blacklighting. We wanted a 65 so it was between LG and Samsung. We bought and tried both with Costco's amazing return policy and settled on the Samsung after a weekend of testing.

I was just glad to finally get a awesome tv. Watching anything on my old Phillips was like playing a level 1 human at night in West Karana.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
One of the rtings pages had the letter/number to look for on the serial. It was something like if the 4th digit was a J or W yada yada

Oh wait it was on CNET

"If the 4th digit of the serial number is a J or 7, that unit uses an IPS panel. For example, LWZJSEARxxxxxxx or LTM7SHARxxxxxxx. All other serial numbers for 2015 E-Series will be units using VA panels."

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Did anyone get an invite from LeTV? Thought they were to come out 12/7?