HDTVs

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I'm potentially selling my apartment so booked a cleaner to come in and give it a deep clean.

Came home halfway through and froze to see her wiping/cleaning my 55" LG OLED especially as the list of things that I needed doing didn't include the TV, and what kind of idiot cleaner goes near a flat screen TV with domestic cleaning products/cloths?

Needless to say there are circular scratches across the entire glass, admittedly only visible if you look for them and not during playback - but clearly there's some damage to the surface coating.

I've registered a complaint and provided them with a video so show their insurer

gak

<Gold Donor>
booked a cleaner to come in and give it a deep clean. Came home halfway through and froze to see her wiping/cleaning my 55" LG OLED

Why did you stop when it was getting good ?

mm.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
I might grab a tv for my bedroom, or maybe a bed for my tv room. I already have a fancy tv, but could use something to half-eye at in the bedroom. Are those cheapo $350 units at Wal Mart half decent?

rw.jpg

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So at least I'm moving forward in the process... Sorta. My 70" Vizio I bought almost a year ago is a piece of shit. Vizio has been out and replaced the main board, but still has issues. Vizio wants to replace it. I want to return the shit to Best Buy for store credit.

Best Buy is willing but after the year mark in a couple days I have to call geek squad and have them come out and look at it and potentially fix it. Apparently Vizio doing it isn't enough. But they won't come out until the shelter at home orders are lifted which I understand. So it could be months.

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
So at least I'm moving forward in the process... Sorta. My 70" Vizio I bought almost a year ago is a piece of shit. Vizio has been out and replaced the main board, but still has issues. Vizio wants to replace it. I want to return the shit to Best Buy for store credit.

Best Buy is willing but after the year mark in a couple days I have to call geek squad and have them come out and look at it and potentially fix it. Apparently Vizio doing it isn't enough. But they won't come out until the shelter at home orders are lifted which I understand. So it could be months.

What model Vizio?

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Best 65" TV I can get for around $300? For some reason, every pawn shop around here is sold out of TV's. Stimulus Check wooo... jfc.

(Has to be 65" flat screen - it's going near another 65" flat screen thats a nicer TV and I dont want the size to feel awkward...?)

Oldbased

> Than U
Best 65" TV I can get for around $300? For some reason, every pawn shop around here is sold out of TV's. Stimulus Check wooo... jfc.

(Has to be 65" flat screen - it's going near another 65" flat screen thats a nicer TV and I dont want the size to feel awkward...?)
Probably

At that size/price you can expect blacks to look cloudy on screen and terrible sound and probably some screen lag.
It's stretching what would look ok on a 42" to 65 inches. That said it is $350 not $1500 and will look as good/better than many tvs even just 5 years ago.
Sometimes I think people forget what we watched as a TV 20 years ago.

We bought a Spectre 39" to fit into Shelly's bedroom furniture 5 years ago that is pretty bright/crisp. At the time paid $200 for it new before tvs dropped so much in price. It rivals what LG claims is a 4k TV I use. As far as I am concerned there is 2 types of TVs atm. 4k+ and simulated 4k+. One will run you $1200+ and I will never own and the other is better than anything previously watched in my 50 year life.

If I had $500 laying around and only $500 I would go with

The Sceptre in the $350-370 range is the only one I would consider if $460 isn't doable. The RCA and others are real junk.
Once you get $650-700 then you get a ton of "ok" options.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Alpha

Bronze Knight of the Realm
IMG_20200509_111851.jpg

Anyone know what this is? This set is 7 years old, should I pay for repair or is this a good excuse to go get a 65in c9 for $1500.

Moonball

Lord Nagafen Raider
I just got a Samsung 85" QLED, looks badass hanging on the wall. Great picture also, 2020 model. $2700

Mazim

Golden Knight of the Realm
Where are we seeing LG 65in C9's for 1500? Pretty sure some recent spec announcements were made to keep the price high.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
If you don't have to get an OLED TV now, I would wait. The tech is really starting to ramp up and it will get quite a bit cheaper soon. Also, there are competing technologies starting to come out that are more cost effective and don't have the potential burn-in down side.

That being said, my 65in B8 is gorgeous. it is the best looking TV I've ever seen.

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
Any recommendations for an 85" LCD w/ IPS?

I'm looking at this 2020 LG: LG 86UN8570PUC : UHD 85 Series 86 inch Class 4K Smart UHD TV with AI ThinQ® (85.6'' Diag) | LG USA

The only thing I'm not sure about is HDMI 2.1--it looks like it's partly compatible? Forbes put out this regarding HDMI bandwidth on 2020 models:

Last edited:

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Man I am struggling. I had this in the desktop thread but figured I should stop shitting it up. I need a 43” OLED with HDR, and low input lag or fast refresh, whatever. I need something that can double as a PC monitor, since we are now working from home for at least four months. Would like to get something with Freesync, might as well since I’m upgrading anyways.

Must be 41-45” I want to run split screen software for work so I have 4 monitors on the one screen. Anything smaller and the screens get too small, Can’t go larger as it doesn’t fit in my space.

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
I think LG and Sony are each supposed to have 48" OLEDs available sometime this year. But I don't think there is anything OLED and smaller.

This look like the best LG has to offer in 43":
No HDMI 2.1 support at all, but it does have Auto Low Latency Mode. I don't know if TruMotion 120 is a real 120 MHz refresh rate, though.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I think LG and Sony are each supposed to have 48" OLEDs available sometime this year. But I don't think there is anything OLED and smaller.

This look like the best LG has to offer in 43":
No HDMI 2.1 support at all, but it does have Auto Low Latency Mode. I don't know if TruMotion 120 is a real 120 MHz refresh rate, though.

Thanks. Tried to give this one a shot but nothing within my area has it in stock. Not sure if it’s too new or there is some kind of shortage. Guess I’ll just be checking every couple of weeks to see if I can find it somewhere.

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
I put in an order for one of these 82" LGs:

Apparently the 82" panel is VA (even though the 75" and 86" are IPS). Fingers crossed.