HDTVs

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
When are all the TVs supposed to be out? I'm banking on getting my $800 + $100 warranty money back from Best Buy on this piece of junk Vizio I bought. I don't mind store credit, and can just hold onto it until the 2020 TVs release.

No way to know. There's only a couple out now with it and that's some LG Oled's. One would think most manufacturers will have them in their 2020 sets which will be spring/summer, but they might not put them in their lower end/midrange models.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Is the TCL 65R615 just as good? That's what's available right now. The 615 or the 2019 model R625.

The 615 is BestBuy's exclusive version of the 617. The only difference between the two is the 615 comes with an IR remote. The actual sets themselves are identical.

LiquidDeath

Oh, and so everyone knows, the 2020 version of the TCL 6-series is going to come with mini-LED technology. If they maintain their pricing on it, that could be the set to beat for the whole year.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

LiquidDeath

Crone Crone

Just something to think about. I know you may not be able to wait or may not even care about these features.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Crone Crone

Just something to think about. I know you may not be able to wait or may not even care about these features.

Good video. The features are things I really want but ultimately don't care about. I'll let things settle and down the line when I eventually upgrade my LG oled is when I'll make the jump to hdmi 2.1.

The Best Buy near me has the TCL 65R615 in stock so I want to see if I can get it for $425 and be happy with that for the next while and keep my OLED in my bedroom.

Crone

So Best Buy is making me go through the paces to "junk out" my Vizio, but I noticed they had the TCL 65R615, and asked him to check that price. Sure enough came up $499. And the roku coupon for 15% off brought it down to $425.

Just said fuck it, and bought. Will figure out what to do with the Vizio after I get geek squad out there a few times. To "fix" the piece of shit.

• 2Like

LiquidDeath

Crone Crone

Just in case you were interested in looking at other TVs, Best Buy has this one for $350 that was rated similarly to the TCL 6 series:

Crone

Crone Crone

Just in case you were interested in looking at other TVs, Best Buy has this one for $350 that was rated similarly to the TCL 6 series:

Rocking the TCL 65R615 right now. Just decided to buy it because they had one in stock for the $425.

The UI smoothness alone was worth the switch. Wife is gonna try and sell the Vizio on Facebook marketplace, instead of dicking around with Geek Squad.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
The UI smoothness alone was worth the switch.

Yeah, I bought a 32-inch ROKU (Sharp) TV for my bedroom 2 years ago, on a whim. Just as something that was <$150, to replace the old ass Vizio in there(probably the second HDTV I bought..ever). After experiencing the ROKU UI, ease of use, updates, app support, etc. there's no way I'd buy a non-ROKU TV going forward. This past X-Mas season I bought a 55-inch TCL QLED for the living room and couldn't be happier.

• 1Like

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Have a Samsung that's like 9 months old

A free months ago I started noticing a electric popping noise coming from the TV. My wife can't hear it but it's driving me nuts

This normal? A defect?

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Alright, so here is my problem I hope you can help me solve.

Mom, who is virtually blind and deaf and can't admit it, wants a new 24 inch tv for her bedroom because she blew out the speakers on hers and she can't really hear it anymore. She's stubborn as fuck and doesn't want bigger "because it would take up too much space on my dresser"

Is there going to be literally anything that size that is actually decent, especially in that it has speakers that can get loud?

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Alright, so here is my problem I hope you can help me solve.

Mom, who is virtually blind and deaf and can't admit it, wants a new 24 inch tv for her bedroom because she blew out the speakers on hers and she can't really hear it anymore. She's stubborn as fuck and doesn't want bigger "because it would take up too much space on my dresser"

Is there going to be literally anything that size that is actually decent, especially in that it has speakers that can get loud?

Monitor with an hdmi port should work if you don't need a tuner, but you will need separate speakers. Some cheapo bookshelf ones should work, or a soundbar.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I just tried the soundbar approach

"I'll buy a new tv before I buy one of those"

Whatever. I've tried. I tried to tell her just get a 32 inch TCL that's actually a decent TV and $150 "It's too big, I don't need that much" Meanwhile she can't actually read the fucking menu's on TV from where she sits and bed and has to stand up and get in front of the tv to find things.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I just tried the soundbar approach

"I'll buy a new tv before I buy one of those"

Whatever. I've tried. I tried to tell her just get a 32 inch TCL that's actually a decent TV and $150 "It's too big, I don't need that much" Meanwhile she can't actually read the fucking menu's on TV from where she sits and bed and has to stand up and get in front of the tv to find things.

Well, you can get monitors with speakers in them, but they're really bad