HDTVs

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
I hate TV and never watch it but my $200 shitbox finally crapped out and the wife wants a new one. If I'm spending $500 or less, what should I be looking for? There's way too many acronyms on TV listings and I'm not spending a week learning them. Brands to look at? Avoid? Help me out here nerds.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I hate TV and never watch it but my $200 shitbox finally crapped out and the wife wants a new one. If I'm spending $500 or less, what should I be looking for? There's way too many acronyms on TV listings and I'm not spending a week learning them. Brands to look at? Avoid? Help me out here nerds.

TCL 6 series is pretty damn good for the price, though the 55", which I have, is $575. 4k HDR (including Dolby vision), good for gaming. If you want something a little smaller and don't care about the better local dimming on the 6 series, the 5 series is practically the same TV. 43" is $300.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

TCLs are badass for their price point. I love ours in the bedroom.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
for that pricepoint tcl and hisense

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Get the TCL if you want the Roku experience, get the Hisense if you want Android TV. That is basically the choice you are making. Everything else about the TVs is virtually identical.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I work at Sam's Club. Just yesterday, we were selling a display model of a 75 inch 4k Samsung QLED 7 series for just $699. Crazy price. Came complete with no dead pixels and the full factory warranty, plus you could get the Square Trade extended warranty for like $50 extra. All documents, cables and the remote included.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Why don’t companies make smaller OLEDs? The smallest LG OLED is 48”. Just curious if there isn’t a market for smaller or if it is a technical limitation.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I work at Sam's Club. Just yesterday, we were selling a display model of a 75 inch 4k Samsung QLED 7 series for just $699. Crazy price. Came complete with no dead pixels and the full factory warranty, plus you could get the Square Trade extended warranty for like $50 extra. All documents, cables and the remote included.
how much is delivery for a store model tho? cuz theres no way youre taking a 75in tv home by yourself

also do they keep the old box in the back? if no box, it's gonna die during transport

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
how much is delivery for a store model tho? cuz theres no way youre taking a 75in tv home by yourself

also do they keep the old box in the back? if no box, it's gonna die during transport
No delivery option. People can put it in any SUV by folding the back seats. Screen up in the air, not face down. There was no box, just the TV & other stuff that was originally in the box.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Why don’t companies make smaller OLEDs? The smallest LG OLED is 48”. Just curious if there isn’t a market for smaller or if it is a technical limitation.
Consumer demand is low and it is much harder to fit the same amount of pixels into a smaller panel which reduces yields and thus profit margins.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
My Samsung 65 inch Q80T finally got here and it is pretty fucking sweet. The 4k apps (Disney, Amazon Prime) on my Shield TV look great.

I haven't hooked a computer up to it yet, is that worth it? What's the best device for couch mouse and keyboard usage?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I feel like I'm going to plug everything in, get all the settings perfect, then never use it.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
My Samsung 65 inch Q80T finally got here and it is pretty fucking sweet. The 4k apps (Disney, Amazon Prime) on my Shield TV look great.

I haven't hooked a computer up to it yet, is that worth it? What's the best device for couch mouse and keyboard usage?
Why would you want to sit on your couch and browse the net? Start downloading 4K blu ray rips instead.