HDTVs

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
The C6 cost $1900 when it launched. The C1 costs about $1900 now. The BX costs $1250. The C series has more features than the B series. And yes, I would say that side-by-side the C6 looks better than the BX, having...just looked at them side-by-side. In theory the year should trump the model with most TVs, but the C series is so ridiculously good.

Did you even read what I said?

My 55" 2015 model oled cost £2399, that doesn't make it better than a more recent model.

Oled costs have come down considerably.

"Side by side" comparisons mean nothing unless both sets are calibrated

You also seem unaware that LG 2016 series had two higher spec sets in the e and g models, both with better processors than the b and c6

Thanks for confirming you don't know what you're talking about

Edit:

2015-2016 avforums were obsessed with "black crush" on OLEDs and banding at near black levels

Photos of near black test slides were on high demand every time a new model was released.

You can either download the slides and run both on your sets to see if there's any difference. Or use Interstellar, which was one film earlier OLEDs struggled with

Last edited:

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I'll be sitting probably 5 feet away unless I reshuffle my game area here so it's a bit of a concern. It's good to hear though. Yeah, I don't think I'm gonna lose anything either at 65''. It's just that my experience with a Samsung 65'' five years ago steered me away from that size. Was playing The Order 1886 at a friend's house on that TV and it looked semi-crappy compared to how amazing it looked on my 55'' at home. He thought it looked how it was supposed to look, but I was like "naw, the game looks a lot better than this". That was then though.
At 5.25 feet you can have an 85” with 4K and not have an issue like that. 65” will be fine for you unless you move your view to like 3.5 feet. If you’re talking about not recommending 85” 1080p TVs then I totally agree with you. Most people getting an 85” aren’t sitting under 5 feet from it and they’re all 4K now (I would hope)

The TVs now are light years beyond whatever 1080p your buddy had five years ago.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
LG CX refurbs are on fire sale at Microcenter if you got one around you, post has links to check inventory and stuff i think

$999 for 55, 1300 for 65, 2500 for 77. I have no idea what a refurb LG CX means though, shit that was broken and fixed or boxes that got damaged or stuff people returned?

The CX is pretty much gonna be going on fire sale everywhere now too, since the C1s and G1s (2021 model) should be showing up everywhere. The G1s have a new EVO panel which is far superior while the C1s are pretty much exactly like the CX's.

I think the sweet spot is likely the 2022 models which should have the C2 line use the new EVO panels and have ironed out all the VRR/120hz/deep black issues, but thats over a year away from purchaseable.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
LG CX refurbs are on fire sale at Microcenter if you got one around you, post has links to check inventory and stuff i think

$999 for 55, 1300 for 65, 2500 for 77. I have no idea what a refurb LG CX means though, shit that was broken and fixed or boxes that got damaged or stuff people returned?

The CX is pretty much gonna be going on fire sale everywhere now too, since the C1s and G1s (2021 model) should be showing up everywhere. The G1s have a new EVO panel which is far superior while the C1s are pretty much exactly like the CX's.

I think the sweet spot is likely the 2022 models which should have the C2 line use the new EVO panels and have ironed out all the VRR/120hz/deep black issues, but thats over a year away from purchaseable.

$999 for a 55'' CX is a reaaaaally good deal, as is $1200 for 65''. I'd probably jump on this if I wasn't going for a G1 already. People that want a top of the line TV and aren't trying to be bleeding-edge like me would be very well served to grab one of the CXs in this fire sale.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
People that want a top of the line TV and aren't trying to be bleeding-edge like me

Bruh, you literally think a 2016 model is better than a 2021 model and clearly haven't bothered to calibrate your set

Seeing as you can't see any difference, you're better off saving your money because the only thing bleeding edge about you is your credit limit.

• 1Edgelord

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Bruh, you literally think a 2016 model is better than a 2021 model and clearly haven't bothered to calibrate your set

Seeing as you can't see any difference, you're better off saving your money because the only thing bleeding edge about you is your credit limit.

2020. I compared the C from 2016 to the B from 2020. By your logic, an LG OLED C6 from 2016 is worse than a Vizio from 2020. Is the LG C6 worse than the LG A1 feature-deficient value brand too?

Thing is I've seen a loooot of TVs in action and LG C-series is the best out of all of them...except more advanced LGs. At least, over the last couple years. Haven't seen any 2021 models yet and I know Sony/Samsung/etc have caught up a lot for this year.

In other news I'm mulling over whether to save $500 and just go with the C1 65'' instead of the G1 65''.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
2020. I compared the C from 2016 to the B from 2020. By your logic, an LG OLED C6 from 2016 is worse than a Vizio from 2020.

'.

Rofl , you really are an idiot.

Save yourself the money and go pay ripoff the bx to be calibrated (funny how you keep ignoring that aspect)

You probably use the same settings as some YouTube video, rofl

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Blown
Reactions: 1 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
B8=C8=E8 (2018), B9=C9=E9 (2019), CX=BX (2020). The panels are identical. The chipsets and software are identical. The features virtually identical. The bezels and audio are different. Location/angle of HDMI ports also vary. For the 2018 models, the C8 had the smallest bezel, but the shittiest speakers.

The issues of older C6 and C7 OLEDs were fixed with the x8 and forward models. Everything since the x8 in tech has been incremental. The screen itself hasn't changed too dramatically. More efficient with a few minor features, like Gsync, Freesync, and some added to previous gen via software updates, like AppleTV.

G1 is the 2021 OLED. The A1 and C1 will very likely be using the same screen, chips, and tech as the G1. Whether you get the C1 or G1, pay to have it tuned. There's a reason there's 400 color settings.

Your BX should at least be identical to your C6 with much less black crushing and noticeably brighter picture when it's called for in the source material. That it's not tells us all we need to know.

Side note, only LG makes OLED panels. Sony, Panasonic, and whoever else are using LG's, with their own bezel, features and software. And their settings, or possible factory calibration, can result in a different "from the store" experience.

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
B8=C8=E8 (2018), B9=C9=E9 (2019), CX=BX (2020). The panels are identical. The chipsets and software are identical.

Your BX should at least be identical to your C6 with much less black crushing and noticeably brighter picture when it's called for in the source material. That it's not tells us all we need to know.

Well that's not true RE "identical" chipsets

2021-04-06 10_34_38-LG B8 OLED (OLED55B8, OLED65B8) review _ TechRadar.jpg

2021-04-06 10_36_07-LG C9 OLED Review_ The Best Is Back and Better Than Ever _ Tom's Guide.jpg

"less black crushing and noticeably brighter picture" doesn't sound identical, but I get what you're trying to say even if you did explain it like a retard. The BX should be equivalent in terms of performance to the C6, with improved performance in some areas."

The "tells us all we need to know" is the point I was making - he is a retard that doesn't know how to perform a basic home calibration, and that thinks paying more money for a top of the line set will get him the improved performance from a 2021 set that his 2020 set is lacking - even though paying a fraction of the price of a new set for a pro calibration would most likely resolve all his issues with his 2020 set.

But yeah, the dude is seemingly oblivious to the fact that LG TVs come with new CPUs every year. Whilst you can debate how much is just marketing speak vs performance gains, you could make the same argument about chipsets in phones or whatever, I guess

Last edited:

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Well that's not true RE "identical" chipsets

View attachment 346463

View attachment 346464

"less black crushing and noticeably brighter picture" doesn't sound identical, but I get what you're trying to say even if you did explain it like a retard. The BX should be equivalent in terms of performance to the C6, with improved performance in some areas."

The "tells us all we need to know" is the point I was making - he is a retard that doesn't know how to perform a basic home calibration, and that thinks paying more money for a top of the line set will get him the improved performance from a 2021 set that his 2020 set is lacking - even though paying a fraction of the price of a new set for a pro calibration would most likely resolve all his issues with his 2020 set.

But yeah, the dude is seemingly oblivious to the fact that LG TVs come with new CPUs every year. Whilst you can debate how much is just marketing speak vs performance gains, you could make the same argument about chipsets in phones or whatever, I guess

Jesus Christ dude take a fucking nap.

How about you come over with your ISF calibration techniques that have been outdated since RPTV's finally went EOL and know that most people can do this from color patterns in an Xbox tool at this point or leveraging Youtube if they like based on their subjective opinions on picture quality since that will differ for everyone. He is making sure he gets the best bank for his dollar and communicating / asking questions on a forum for what can be confusing for most. If you want I can go on about HDMI bandwidth, 4:4:4/4:4:2. compression algorithms, and whatever the fuck else to make this more confusing for the average joe - I doubt they will notice that leaf in Dolby vision tinted a shade too hair of green or a crushed black due to how the content was originally calibrated.

Until then, most anyone can use Rtings:

You are not a special snowflake. Shut the fuck up and quit insulting people trying to learn and asking questions.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
You are not a special snowflake. Shut the fuck up and quit insulting people trying to learn and asking questions.

Thing is I've seen a loooot of TVs in action and LG C-series is the best out of all of them.

I'd probably jump on this if I wasn't going for a G1 already. People that want a top of the line TV and aren't trying to be bleeding-edge like m

BRUH, yeah that really sounds like someone "trying to learn" and not like someone who thinks he has some l337 TV knowledge whilst simultaneously being adamant that his 2016 set is better than his 2020 set. ROFL, get the fuck outta here.

But by all means feel free to tell me why I shouldn't think someone is an idiot for thinking their 2016 OLED is better than their 2020 just because the 2016 set "cost more"

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
BRUH, yeah that really sounds like someone "trying to learn" and not like someone who thinks he has some l337 TV knowledge whilst simultaneously being adamant that his 2016 set is better than his 2020 set. ROFL, get the fuck outta here.

But by all means feel free to tell me why I shouldn't think someone is an idiot for thinking their 2016 OLED is better than their 2020 just because the 2016 set "cost more"

The fuck are you talking about. These are statements made based on subjective viewing which we all know effect how people see their specific subjective deployment of whatever model they have. With about 56 other independent variables which could be effecting any particular model/panel in the interim regardless of chipset or spec since they will all have their nuances right off the manufacturing line regardless of panel/chipset/revision/chipset rev/firmware set/compute.

Quit being a prick.

Oh, and anyone worth their weight in ISF (If for whatever reason you still find that viable in this day and age which is hilarious in of itself) is charging 400-500 USD minimum. In his instance he had a price differential of that for a new G1 model and could easily do the calibration on his own leveraging any of the millions of tools out there across whatever input he wanted to leverage.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
The fuck are you talking about. These are statements made based on subjective viewing which we all know effect how people see their specific subjective deployment of whatever model they have.

My C6 is curved and it has a noticeably better picture than the BX (which is better than any other TV I've had besides the C6, so it isn't like it's bad). It clearly has more features. As well it should, it costs hundreds more.

Ignoring the price fallacy (because OLED technology has come down a lot in recent years). There is ZERO chance that a 2016 OLED should have a "noticeably better picture" than a 2020 OLED.

I also don't understand how it can be "subjective" in the way that someones opinion on a piece of art is "subjective". You run the two sets side by side, displaying the same content and the 2020 model should be superior. Granted, it might not be massively obvious but with OLEDs especially the difference in near black scenes, vertical banding and panel uniformity should be noticeably improved on the more recent sets.

With about 56 other independent variables which could be effecting any particular model/panel in the interim regardless of chipset or spec since they will all have their nuances right off the manufacturing line regardless of panel/chipset/revision/chipset rev/firmware set/compute.

Right, which is why you calibrate the set(s) so that they are starting from a level playing field because not every panel is the same.

If his 2020 panel is "noticeably" worse than the C6 then he either has a bunk panel or is using some random settings he found on youtube.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Do any of you do The Insider program, or try to? For example this Hisense campaign went up today:

This one is less attractive because it's a rebate setup instead of a discount at the time of purchase.

Here's the last Samsung TV one:

For the cost of a review or two you can get massive discounts on some stuff. This is how we've gotten our dishwasher w/ a range on the way. Mom's gotten a fridge and cooktop.

The Samsung campaign mentioned above for example:
  • 75” QN900A Samsung Neo QLED 8K Smart TV - $1,499
  • 65” QN900A Samsung Neo QLED 8K Smart TV - $1,299
  • 75" QN800A Samsung Neo QLED 8K Smart TV - $1,199
  • 65" QN800A Samsung Neo QLED 8K Smart TV - $949
  • 75" QN90A Samsung Neo QLED 4K Smart TV - $999
  • 65" QN90A Samsung Neo QLED 4K Smart TV - $699
  • 75" QN85A Samsung Neo QLED 4K Smart TV - $899
  • 65" QN85A Samsung Neo QLED 4K Smart TV - $649
  • 65" Q80A Samsung QLED 4K TV - $549
  • 65" Q70A Samsung QLED 4K TV - $499
  • 65" Q60A Samsung QLED 4K TV - $449
  • 65" LS03A Samsung Frame TV - $599
  • 65" AU8000 Samsung Crystal UHD TV - $399
No tricks or referrals (even though the embedded previews make it look like it), it's just word of mouth marketing stuff, seeding reviews, etc. Can take a while to get some things is the only annoyance, due to poor communication, issues with manufacturing (since some of these are coming right from the factory, not from a store, delivered and installed by XPO logistics)

Also different campaigns for other regions, for those not in the US.

• 1Solidarity

Nester

Vyemm Raider
in 2017 moved into a new house and bought a Samsung MU8000 75inch 4k TV. It was pretty sweet at the time,

It has started to develop some "vertical banding" - Anyone seen this before?

Not my image and mine is not as bad. - Sucks on a 3.5 year old TV.

Uhg, might have to get a new TV, So brutal to move the camera in a game and the lines stay the same spot.

large

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Popped into my local TV store to see the Canadian Pricing on the G1 and when it will be released in Canada.

Tell him i want OLED for Next gen gaming 120hz/4k.

He tells me the Sony A9G is the best gaming TV on the market and is BETTER than the CX.

He says its better due to the fact its the same panel but has better Speakers (meh) and Burn in protection via shifting pixels.

I am paranoid of Burn in, i leave the TV on a lot while working and play a lot of RPGs with Static UI's

Rtings has the CX over the A9G,

Any Bros have expertise with the A9G that can provide advice or an opinion?

A9g is 5k in Canada and available right now, and the G1 will be $7k (77inch) - Feeling the G1 hype buy sounds like its 3 month away in Canada and will be hard to get.

Edit - no hdmi 2.1 on the A9G lol no deal

Last edited:

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Popped into my local TV store to see the Canadian Pricing on the G1 and when it will be released in Canada.

He tells me the Sony A9G is the best gaming TV on the market and is BETTER than the CX.

He says its better due to the fact its the same panel but has better Speakers (meh) and Burn in protection via shifting pixels.

I am paranoid of Burn in, i leave the TV on a lot while working and play a lot of RPGs with Static UI's

A9g is 5k in Canada and available right now, and the G1 will be $7k (77inch) - Feeling the G1 hype buy sounds like its 3 month away in Canada and will be hard to get.

A9G/A9J is over a year old. The CX is about 6 months. The Sony A90J is basically brand new and more comparable to the CX and G1.

I've had my C8 for 2 years, and other than the initial panel being defective (vertical banding after exactly 6 months), local warranty support was top notch and replaced the panel in 2 days (1 day to check, 1 day to replace the panel), I haven't experienced any other issues. The local dimming will prevent burn-in from logos (static UI's). If you're really worried, turn down the OLED brightness, somewhere below 21. Rtings did burnin tests and below that level showed almost zero impact save for watching CNN for 6 months straight, which left a little CNN highlight in the corner.

Run moderate logo illuminance, sub 21 OLED brightness, run pixel refresher once a day, and XBOX and PS should both have a pixel adjustment setting to further prevent burnin.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
FYI both LG and Sony have pixel shift and unfortunately it doesn’t do jack shit to stop burn in. It just makes the static image that burned in blurrier. I can attest to this as my B7A has burn in from rocket league. Luckily I bought the five year coverage plan which covers burn in from Best Buy. So I’m a phone call away from getting upgraded :)

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

My 2015 oled got burn in when I started playing vanilla wow on private server, so some pretty long sessions

It got replaced under warranty and now I only use it for watching movies/tv