Headphones & Audio Devices

Funkor

Molten Core Raider
What's the best mic these days for streaming audio quality?

Blue yeti is tossed around but I'm not sure about them
Avoid USB, get a standard XLR microphone or whatever if you want something standalone.

Interesting video with some basic information:

edit: Durr forgot to mention, I use an AT2020 because I got tired of headsets breaking or shit sound quality.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I've recently switched over to push to talk for Discord, and so I don't have this problem anymore but how do you avoid background noises with something like that?

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
Looking to get a whole new setup for microphones and headset (also speakers)
My brother has an amp and suggested that so I think I'll be getting one of those. So looking for suggestions or guides on amp's headphones and microphones. Keep seeing the blue yeti's and the 2020 one being rated high. I'll probably grab a microphone arm as well.

Also computer speakers or sound bars I would also like to get. My logitech ones are over 13 years old I believe and stop working then work randomly but tired of fighting with them and the wires are messy.

Price range isn't too big of a deal right now as long as its not some 4 or 5 figure set up. Thanks all

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I've recently switched over to push to talk for Discord, and so I don't have this problem anymore but how do you avoid background noises with something like that?
You just adjust the threshold of what it will pick up. But also I stream in a room by myself

Crone

You just adjust the threshold of what it will pick up. But also I stream in a room by myself
I keep telling myself that our spare bedroom will eventually turn into an office for me but wife, empowered by other family, keeps telling me that I'd use it to just hide out and not be a part of the family.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I only go in there when the kids are asleep and my wife is doing something else. I think she hates it but whatever. I only do it a couple times a week

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I keep telling myself that our spare bedroom will eventually turn into an office for me but wife, empowered by other family, keeps telling me that I'd use it to just hide out and not be a part of the family.
Isn't that exactly the point?!

Crone

I only go in there when the kids are asleep and my wife is doing something else. I think she hates it but whatever. I only do it a couple times a week
Yea, the system I have going now is I'll hop on and do simple shit while the kids are doing other stuff. Play something solo or single player that I can easily hop out of if the kids need me.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Yes.

My second screen is actually a second computer. If I want to be on a Webex meeting on my work laptop and still hear my main PC, or if I want to watch streams/videos/movies on my laptop while playing a video game on my main PC, I want everything coming through one pair of headphones.

Mouse Without Borders is awesome. Having your second monitor be a whole separate computer is great for various performance reasons, like the stutter you frequently get when playing high refresh rate G-sync on your main screen with a video playing on your 60 hz second monitor.

Anyway, the solution for now was to just use the mixer built into my sound card. You can pipe the audio into your line-in port, and have it play straight through, as long as you don't want to use it as a mic port.
I'm guessing you have just stuck with this solution?

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Well gaming and also I stream. I don't like the audio quality coming out of my headset

I have this setup.
I think it sounds fantastic, especially for the price, and if you want to upgrade just buy a higher end XLR microphone, the rest of the setup will carry over.

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
So more problems with my microphone]headset

Out of no where my microphone is only being set to "stereo" It only reads a microphone when I unplug it.

All my little ports are fucked glad im getting a usb connector tomorrow but anyone ever have anything like this happen before

Crone

So forgot my headset last week, and so that started me on the path of trying to figure out a new headset to use. So I started looking into wireless setups, and man, after you go wireless, it's hard to go back. Just was using Best Buy because that's easier than having shit shipped into my hotel. Went through a pair of Corsairs, Steel Series, Logitech's, and now I'm on a pair of Razer Navri and they are fucking amazing.

It took 4 pairs before finding one that worked, but I think these are the pair I'm going to stick with.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
So forgot my headset last week, and so that started me on the path of trying to figure out a new headset to use. So I started looking into wireless setups, and man, after you go wireless, it's hard to go back. Just was using Best Buy because that's easier than having shit shipped into my hotel. Went through a pair of Corsairs, Steel Series, Logitech's, and now I'm on a pair of Razer Navri and they are fucking amazing.

It took 4 pairs before finding one that worked, but I think these are the pair I'm going to stick with.

OK choice. I would have went with the Corsairs. Better sound much better build quality.