Headphones & Audio Devices

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Thanks, someone also mentioned some Sony mds that are pretty neutral sounding. Have to decide if I want monitors or headphones first

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I returned those Fluance speakers I was having static issues with and ordered these when they went on sale last week

The sound quality isn't on the level of the Fluance set, but these don't have the outrageous levels of static. I assume there was something about the components Fluance used which just amplified all the line noise.

These Edifiers still sound great though, and it's hard to beat the price (125 cad)

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Thanks, someone also mentioned some Sony mds that are pretty neutral sounding. Have to decide if I want monitors or headphones first

For a bit more than $200 you can get a decent set of KRK monitors.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Thanks! I'll probably go for monitors first, that seems to be what everyone is saying

Kinda, if you are good with your current headphones. For recording guitar and stuff you will want to use headphones then later when mixing stuff be on the monitors.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Grabbed an AT2020 XLR mic so I could detach from my headphone mic. Way better sounding
IMG_20200102_204504.jpg

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Is there such a thing as a good pair of bluetooth noise-isolating in-ear headphones at a reasonable price? When I was in college I used Etymotic ER-4's which I loved. The -30 db reduction from the silicone plugs was enough to listen to classic music on the subway and the sound quality was wonderful. However, they invariably failed in the cable. I'd like the same experience wireless, if it's a thing, since this would be for woodshop use and I don't want cables getting snagged. I'm having some trouble coming up with good options. Suggestions?

Last edited:

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Grabbed an AT2020 XLR mic so I could detach from my headphone mic. Way better sounding View attachment 240972
I went to a dynamic mic also. I bought the Rode Pod mic for $100 and also the Rode desk mountable mic stand from guitarcenter. I wanted the Shure s7mb mic but couldn't see myself paying $400 for one. Which audio interface are you using?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
That's what I thought. How is it overall? I was thinking to buy the solo version of it.
I love it honestly. Make sure you get a gen3, it fixed some latency and clipping issues.

I like that I can adjust gain on the fly if I need to increase volume, and headphones have an independent volume as well. Additionally I can plug my guitar in and play VST amp sims.and sound awesome. If you're into it, it can also direct out to monitors. Money well spent.

Friend has the solo and it's basically exactly the same but one input

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Brahma Brahma here's my setup, spoilers for number of.pics

IMG_20200104_120035.jpg
IMG_20200104_120041.jpg
IMG_20200104_120046.jpg
IMG_20200104_120103.jpg
IMG_20200104_120108.jpg

I will say I don't LOVE this arm, but I was $13. I'll probably buy a nicer one later. It's just kind of stiff and you have to manipulate it more than I like

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Perfect! I wanted to see the edge of the desk. That's about how much lip I also have on my desk. Also what you were connecting the mic to. How's the sound quality? Thanks for taking the time to take some pics.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah in fact I need some more lip so that I can hang it a bit better, thankfully I can just move my shelves over since it's a desk I built. I'd probably buy a nicer arm if I were you though, this one is cheap.

Sound quality is very good, but I find I talk way too quiet for it, especially with the popfilter in front of it now. I need to learn to project more. I've heard my voice is very clear now from others. You can check my last couple broadcasts to get an idea of how it sounds recorded though

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I love it honestly. Make sure you get a gen3, it fixed some latency and clipping issues.

I like that I can adjust gain on the fly if I need to increase volume, and headphones have an independent volume as well. Additionally I can plug my guitar in and play VST amp sims.and sound awesome. If you're into it, it can also direct out to monitors. Money well spent.

Friend has the solo and it's basically exactly the same but one input
Bought my scarlett solo gen 3 and my mic now sounds awesome. The only issue I had was the mic sound was only coming from the left side of my headphones when I played back a recording. After doing some research it was a setting in OBS. I had to change the mic sound from stereo to mono and it fixed that. Other than that I'm loving it.