Headphones & Audio Devices

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Bought the new Senheisser GPS 370's and thought they were... okay. GREAT battery life, but just okay sound for the price. Best buy had the Arctis 7 Steel Series' on sale for like $100 and they sounded better and were half the price. Great little headset for $100... not as good as my senny x58 jubilee's in the sound dept but wireless and attached mic hard to beat.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
How is the Sennheiser Gaming Suite if you are using it? Mostly interested in the 7.1 stuff

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
We had a discussion a little while back about wireless ear buds, just can’t remember the recommendations. Are Beats actually worth the premium? They’re just general use, not worried about running/swimming.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Audioengine A5+ speakers shit the bed, the volume control is stuck at 1 low level, within the las 3 weeks of the warranty, woot!

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
If you have ever wanted the Schiit Magni 3 its on sale at amazon for $74. I like mine, does a great job.

Link not working sorry

Aevian

Silver Knight of the Realm
Looking to buy some headphones. Wanting a decent entry to mid, looking to keep it under $150, ideally under $100. I'm looking for over the ear and some noise cancelling. I fly maybe 6-9 times a year and looking for something to keep out noise in the terminal and plane. Want wireless, doesn't need to connect to multiple devices. Any suggestions for this cyber Monday?

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
ditto, you could see in his expression just how other worldly they are comparatively.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Lol yours in it's entirety for only the price of a BMW on sale!

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Anyone having issues with their Modi not being recognized by Windows 10? All of a sudden windows doesn't show my modi. I tried different USB slots, new cable, reinstalled drivers ect and nothing seems to work. I dont think its bricked cause sometimes windows does recognize it but it may take 30 minutes to hours before it does. I emailed Schiit and they never replied back.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
About to fly back from Thanksgiving vacation a few days ago, I decided I wanted a pair of wireless headphones as I didn’t own any. Said fuck it and went to Target and bought some Bose QuietComfort 35 II that were on sale for $279.

Man, noise cancelling on these is awesome. Sound is really good too. I know you don’t buy these for the sound per se, but not owning another pair of headphones at all these sound pretty amazing to me. Listened to some FLAC recorded songs and vinyl and you certainly pick up on some things you don’t through speakers.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I liked all the Bose headphones I've had (none were the noise cancelling type), and compared to all the others I've owned over the years, their sound was the most neutral over all types of music. Good sounding headphones.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I bought a set of Fluance Ai40's but I'm having an issue where there is always static, whether or not I'm using bluetooth or wired, and what I connect it to via wired doesn't matter either. I can't tell if it's normal and just more noticeable because they're more powerful than I'm used to, or that there's a problem with them. Any advice?

Haus

<Silver Donator>
OK, Going to throw this in here although it's probably well below you audiophiles in the general scope of things...

I was given a pair of these Apple airpods recently. They are, at best, a mediocre set of bluetooth earbuds. I've been using a somewhat pedestrian set of corded earbuds for a while that are also mediocre (around $20 on amazon). If I wanted a really nice set of bluetooth earbuds that fit well and comfortably, sounded good, and were good for someone who is on conference calls almost constantly is there a consistent recommendation amongst the wisdom of the forum here on what I should be looking at?

People at work are just throwing the words Bose and Jabra at me constantly.