Headphones & Audio Devices

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
OK, Going to throw this in here although it's probably well below you audiophiles in the general scope of things...

I was given a pair of these Apple airpods recently. They are, at best, a mediocre set of bluetooth earbuds. I've been using a somewhat pedestrian set of corded earbuds for a while that are also mediocre (around $20 on amazon). If I wanted a really nice set of bluetooth earbuds that fit well and comfortably, sounded good, and were good for someone who is on conference calls almost constantly is there a consistent recommendation amongst the wisdom of the forum here on what I should be looking at?

People at work are just throwing the words Bose and Jabra at me constantly.
did you want noise cancelling? if so i believe only airpods2 (pro?) and sony xm earbuds do it.

Kais

<Gold Donor>
Anyone used these? Normally don't twig to Bose. Similar situation, looking for a good sounding pair. I like the ones that have a wire behind the neck because i';m taking them on and off alot through the day. Keeps me going at work.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I have to sell my Sennheiser 598's :( They sound so damned good, but I just can't handle how hot and uncomfortable they make my ears. Time to start looking for an open back option.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Ya, it should if that is the problem

I did some more testing and the static is there even if it's not connected to something. There must be an issue with the power supply in it. It's audible enough that I can hear it from 6 feet away, even if there's music. Just going to return them. Shame too as they sound great otherwise

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Ya, when I googled them, seemed they had quite a few people having the same issue.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Managed to snag a pair of Sennheiser Game One's near-mint for $85. Quite the nice headset. They don't sound any better than my 598's, but these are open backed so I can wear them longer than an hour unlike the 598's, and it has a much better mic. The all time low for these in Canada is $140, so I'm pretty stoked about the purchase.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Managed to snag a pair of Sennheiser Game One's near-mint for $85. Quite the nice headset. They don't sound any better than my 598's, but these are open backed so I can wear them longer than an hour unlike the 598's, and it has a much better mic. The all time low for these in Canada is $140, so I'm pretty stoked about the purchase.
My Game One's have turned into my travel pair of headphones. The inter-changeable cord to go between 1 and 2? or 2 and 3 bar mic plugin for cell phones makes it nice because sometimes I use them for conference calls and work! Otherwise a fantastic and comfortable set of headphones. Also, super huge headband so they even fit me.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
My Game One's have turned into my travel pair of headphones. The inter-changeable cord to go between 1 and 2? or 2 and 3 bar mic plugin for cell phones makes it nice because sometimes I use them for conference calls and work! Otherwise a fantastic and comfortable set of headphones. Also, super huge headband so they even fit me.

I find this to be a bit tight against my head at just below the ears. Did yours take a while to break in to be a bit less stiff?

Crone

I find this to be a bit tight against my head at just below the ears. Did yours take a while to break in to be a bit less stiff?
Not for me, but maybe I stretched them out so quick with my big head that I didn't notice it right away? In the end I'm happy with my Philips X2HR's, and DAC setup that I switched too for at home use, but is it really THAT much better? Probably not. Lol

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I wanted to get these and still might if I can get work to pay for them. But regardless, fantastic deal on refurbished....

1577474730863.png

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Think this is the thread for asking about mics. Recently bought a Blue yeti USB condenser mic and holy shit it picks up EVERY fucking noise possible especially keyboard clicks. I have it set to the cardio setting and it sound but it's driving me crazy so I'm thinking about buying a shock mount with a clamp stand for it. Well my friend told me i should go with a dynamic XLR mic especially for what I need it for like gaming, podcasting and streaming. I was thinking about getting a Rode podmic since I been hearing positive things about them. Any suggestions?

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Don't have a suggestion but do you have an audio interface? You'll need one to plug in a XLR input.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Think this is the thread for asking about mics. Recently bought a Blue yeti USB condenser mic and holy shit it picks up EVERY fucking noise possible especially keyboard clicks. I have it set to the cardio setting and it sound but it's driving me crazy so I'm thinking about buying a shock mount with a clamp stand for it. Well my friend told me i should go with a dynamic XLR mic especially for what I need it for like gaming, podcasting and streaming. I was thinking about getting a Rode podmic since I been hearing positive things about them. Any suggestions?

Also a Noise gate will help with background noise pick-up, you can set the sensitivity of the gate for when it should "open"

Crone

Getting it up off your desk is going to help, but going with a XLR interface vs USB interface isn't going to make those keyboard clicks magically go away.

I mean how serious do you want to get. A gaming headset with correct sensitivity settings on the mic are fine, imo, for most all but the most serious of content creators.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
So different question. I currently have a recording setup for guitar. A Scarlett 2i2 that my guitar/mic goes into, reaper DAW and plugins. I'm missing some nice studio monitors, but until then I'd like to get my best bang for the buck studio headphones. If they doubled for gaming that'd be fine too, but primary application is recording and mixing. I'd like to stay sub $200 if possible.

Right now I have the hyper X clouds and I like them for gaming, but not sure they're balanced for mixing.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick

You want a dynamic cardioid mic to eliminate that stuff. A shock mount and pop filter would help, but condenser mics will grab everything regardless.

The best one to get is the Shure sm7b. It's so nice that radio stations use it as their primary mics.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
So different question. I currently have a recording setup for guitar. A Scarlett 2i2 that my guitar/mic goes into, reaper DAW and plugins. I'm missing some nice studio monitors, but until then I'd like to get my best bang for the buck studio headphones. If they doubled for gaming that'd be fine too, but primary application is recording and mixing. I'd like to stay sub $200 if possible.

Right now I have the hyper X clouds and I like them for gaming, but not sure they're balanced for mixing.

For $200 those are pretty beefy.