Headphones & Audio Devices

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
This may have been posted but just in case it hasn't HERE

That link has EQ setups for 2400 different headphones that is updated in real time for peak listening awesomeness. It works great with EQ APO.

Wonder how sonarworks feels about this, looks like a direct ripoff of there reference software.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I hadn't realized, I recently bought one on amazon, it said "on amazon since march 2019" or something like that. Probably a newer version of the same modell then. Hasn't shipped yet though.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I bought an Arctis 7, while it was a great headset the battery didn't last a year. I loved the freedom of wireless but that was a waste of 200 bucks.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
I bought an Arctis 7, while it was a great headset the battery didn't last a year. I loved the freedom of wireless but that was a waste of 200 bucks.
Friend of mine bought one and it lasted around 6 months before the switch broke. They've got some quality issues for sure.

My mistake it was a micro usb port.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Different question. I'm WFH permanently so buying some things. The headset dell gives us is super shitty and wired. Can anyone recommend a good headset for calls? Preferably wireless with a dongle
What'd you go with? Anything?

I'm looking at wireless again after getting a decent pair of wired, with DAC.

Headphones, stereos, and audio devices should be title of thread since basically it's the same deal: people who are into quality listening to / playing of music. But I won't post pics of me listening on my grado 325's.

The room of listening. Dog, music, sun.
1117001221.jpg

edit: might want to add car stereos too. It's all the same goal.

Unless someone is a sonar operator. Anyone want to post their sonar rig?

Vorph

Need a headset for XSX and PS5 use, and I think I've narrowed it down to Drop PC37X or PC38X. I know I want full over-the-ear and open back, and the PC38X is straining the limits of what I'd like to spend given how much I expect to actually use them. That said, I'd kind of like it if they were great for music too, as my Sennheiser HD570's have finally given out (after like 20 years, so no complaints there) and I no longer have my newer-but-still-old Grado SR125's either, which leaves me with nothing but IEMs and BT IEMs.

I'm leaning towards the 37X because it's cheaper and I can buy it from Amazon and have it here this week (and if I don't like it returns are trivial). 38X being so new, probably won't be sold anywhere but Drop's own site for a long, long time. Unless someone can tell me there's a massive difference that far outweighs the extra $40 and Amazon convenience.

I also don't particularly care about the mic, as I haven't actually used a headset for comms since Destiny 1 and have pretty much zero interest in that type of MP gaming anymore. Knowing that, do I actually need to bother with the Y-cable for plugging it into a gamepad, or can I just plug in the audio side and leave the mic side that I'll never use dangling?

Crone

Need a headset for XSX and PS5 use, and I think I've narrowed it down to Drop PC37X or PC38X. I know I want full over-the-ear and open back, and the PC38X is straining the limits of what I'd like to spend given how much I expect to actually use them. That said, I'd kind of like it if they were great for music too, as my Sennheiser HD570's have finally given out (after like 20 years, so no complaints there) and I no longer have my newer-but-still-old Grado SR125's either, which leaves me with nothing but IEMs and BT IEMs.

I'm leaning towards the 37X because it's cheaper and I can buy it from Amazon and have it here this week (and if I don't like it returns are trivial). 38X being so new, probably won't be sold anywhere but Drop's own site for a long, long time. Unless someone can tell me there's a massive difference that far outweighs the extra $40 and Amazon convenience.

I also don't particularly care about the mic, as I haven't actually used a headset for comms since Destiny 1 and have pretty much zero interest in that type of MP gaming anymore. Knowing that, do I actually need to bother with the Y-cable for plugging it into a gamepad, or can I just plug in the audio side and leave the mic side that I'll never use dangling?
Have you seen this video? I've watched a number of his videos in the past and helped me make the decision on a pair of headphones I bought last year.

Vorph

Have you seen this video? I've watched a number of his videos in the past and helped me make the decision on a pair of headphones I bought last year.
Yeah, I've been going back and forth since I originally posted, and I think I'm going to suck it up and get the 38X. Tried finding something else comparable that wasn't a headset, just regular cans that could be driven by something as weak as a console gamepad, but no success there.

Just sucks that they won't be shipping until the 24th and with all the Thanksgiving and BF stuff going on I won't receive it until the following week.

Edit: Placed the order today. Hope they turn out as good as my 570's were.

Last edited:

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have a real bitter taste in my mouth when it comes to wireless PC headphones. I just can't find wireless ones that aren't a piece of shit. I've had terrible experiences with Logitech, SteelSeries, and Razor. Fuck'em all, they will never get another dime from me.

Do any of the legit Audio companies like Sennheiser, Bose, or Sony have good wireless PC headsets?

I'd like to spend up to $250. Wireless (non-Bluetooth, need USB adapter connection). Microphone. 12+ hour battery life. Audio quality isn't super high on my list, most stuff all sounds the same to me past a certain quality level. Most importantly, not fucking fail after a few months of normal adult/professional use.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
is 12+ hour battery life even a thing? Nothing I've ever had has, that's for sure. 6-7 is about the best I've had. I like my MDR 1000 quite a bit but definitely doesn't have the features your looking for.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I have a real bitter taste in my mouth when it comes to wireless PC headphones. I just can't find wireless ones that aren't a piece of shit. I've had terrible experiences with Logitech, SteelSeries, and Razor. Fuck'em all, they will never get another dime from me.

Do any of the legit Audio companies like Sennheiser, Bose, or Sony have good wireless PC headsets?

I'd like to spend up to $250. Wireless (non-Bluetooth, need USB adapter connection). Microphone. 12+ hour battery life. Audio quality isn't super high on my list, most stuff all sounds the same to me past a certain quality level. Most importantly, not fucking fail after a few months of normal adult/professional use.

Headphones & Audio Devices | Fires of Heaven - A Technology Community

Get around 8 hours. These are VERY well made. Aluminum through out the headset so aren't light weight.

Sennheiser does make a wireless headset but I think they are Bluetooth.

Crone

Headphones & Audio Devices | Fires of Heaven - A Technology Community

Get around 8 hours. These are VERY well made. Aluminum through out the headset so aren't light weight.

Sennheiser does make a wireless headset but I think they are Bluetooth.
The VIrtuoso's had come out right about the time I was cycling through all those wireless headsets trying to find one that would fit my huge head, and these, unfortunately, didn't fit me. They look really good, and seem pretty decent.

I just would rather wired, so i always have. I have decided to be irrational about it. When Apple got rid of the 3.5mm plug, I knew I was on the Righteous Path.

Sennheisers!. Unless if something has gone wrong in the world, Sennheiser should always be solid. On my list. Maybe after the Biden Cash Helicopter comes!