Headphones & Audio Devices

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
So a weird thing happened during the holidays. I use my Bose Soundsport everyday at work and after 2 years the battery life took a hard dive, I can get maybe 2 hours max before charging them.
I left them charging a whole week at the office (I forgot about them), and now I get 3-4 hours without charging. Is this some kind of low quality battery with strong memory effect or ?

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
The more I listen to this Schiit Hel + HD58x the more I love them. I recommend the shit out of this combo, they are even great with my PC37x/PC38x.

Makes me curious aobut retarded expensive combos.

Was just given a Hel and it makes my 558s sound so much better than the onboard sound.

so the Hel's dac takes over? That is key. I use an old audioquest dragonfly. I never used to listen to "computer audio" seriously before that. Now I got an old netbook using another dragonfly, plugged into the stereo. usb hd's filled with flacs. goddam it do we have it good these days.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Make sure to load up the EQ APO and locate your settings in this link jaakkopasanen/AutoEq

Me looking at that link:

confused ryan reynolds GIF

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Me looking at that link:

confused ryan reynolds GIF

lol, just sift through the results folder (Each folder within is a different user or something doing the samples) and locate your headphones. When you do it'll tell you where to set your EQ settings for a flat EQ signal.

I think it makes them sound hella better, however, sound is subjective to most people so figure out it if works for you. It does reduce fatigue when listening for long hours.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Anyone have experience or input on these? Im a little concerned by the wattage of the Schiit setups but I emailed them asking for recommendations. Maybe I am being paranoid though.

Last edited:

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Etymotic IEMs on sale right now. I had a pair of these for years and loved them dearly. These are updated versions that allow for replaceable cables, etc., and at 60% off they're an absolute steal.

I just bought a bluetooth adapter from Null Audio for my IEM. It's great after a few hours listening, and was significantly cheaper than the OEM equivalent.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Ended up ordering a Schiit Magni 3+ and Modi 3+ after reading some reviews. In addition I ordered some Kanto Yu6's for speakers. Hopefully its a sizable upgrade over my current set up.

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Does anyone have a recommendation for a good USB tube dac/amp? Thinking under $200 but might entertain more expensive options

• 1Like

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Does anyone have a recommendation for a good USB tube dac/amp? Thinking under $200 but might entertain more expensive options
I think you might have trouble finding this at this price point. I spent the last couple days looking. There are lots of amps under 200 and with USB but not lots of tube amps under 200.

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
That's what I'm seeing too. Could I Just get a decent tube amp only then and use my PC's onboard sound or do they have to be fed by a proper pre-out?

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Ended up ordering a Schiit Magni 3+ and Modi 3+ after reading some reviews. In addition I ordered some Kanto Yu6's for speakers. Hopefully its a sizable upgrade over my current set up.

Will need a review please kind sir...

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
That's what I'm seeing too. Could I Just get a decent tube amp only then and use my PC's onboard sound or do they have to be fed by a proper pre-out?

PC audio is perfectly fine to your tube amp unless you have noise from your PC coming thru to your sound. Sound wise a DAC is a DAC.