Headphones & Audio Devices

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Bought my scarlett solo gen 3 and my mic now sounds awesome. The only issue I had was the mic sound was only coming from the left side of my headphones when I played back a recording. After doing some research it was a setting in OBS. I had to change the mic sound from stereo to mono and it fixed that. Other than that I'm loving it.
Yeah that's something I figured out too, it's because you got a real mic now hah

Alterity

Molten Core Raider
Im a quiet person but I've heard you want it like 6 inches from your face
I recently bought a Scarlett Solo Gen 3 as well and the Rode PodMic. I noticed it was still pretty quiet as well. I ended up using Voicemeter Potato and increased the gain in the software rather then having my gain almost near 100% on my Scarlett. I haven't really noticed any drawbacks from that as far as I can tell. I followed this guy's guide below on how it all works. He also explains some things on how to control what audio you send and don't send to streams if you do that. Or you could also buy something like the Cloudlifter, but those are pretty expensive.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Wouldn't surprise me if Lanx Lanx had one
i don't, i did just receive the echo dot w/ clock tho
580b09e2615f21855554198eb974269d.png

that things been out of stock for 2 months.

annoying thing was alarms are tied to the device not the account(amazon account) so when i moved my bedroom non led clock to my basement it was ringing the alarm in the morning and i couldn't figure out where it was coming from. (just tell alexa to turn off all alarms)

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Damn. I really don’t wanna sink that kinda money into a speaker without talking to someone who has one first. Maybe I’ll go with the standard.

also, how much louder is the gen 3 dot than the gen 1?

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That means I’d have to take the time to print up a return label. Who has that kind of time?
Umm, you don't have to print return labels anymore?

Take your return to a UPS store, they scan the QR code you get off your Amazon account, and they say thanks. No box needed, or anything.

And if you'll trust the people here, why won't you trust any of the dozens of review sites that I'm sure have reviewed it, or hell, even the reviews on the product itself?

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Umm, you don't have to print return labels anymore?

Take your return to a UPS store, they scan the QR code you get off your Amazon account, and they say thanks. No box needed, or anything.

And if you'll trust the people here, why won't you trust any of the dozens of review sites that I'm sure have reviewed it, or hell, even the reviews on the product itself?
The label thing was a joke.

and I’d rather talk to people here because I can have an actual dialog and ask questions and discuss it instead of reading random people’s words whoI know actually know about tech and sound equipment instead oF some rando who may not but is trying to sound like he does.

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
The label thing was a joke.

and I’d rather talk to people here because I can have an actual dialog and ask questions and discuss it instead of reading random people’s words whoI know actually know about tech and sound equipment instead oF some rando who may not but is trying to sound like he does.

SOUNDS like you’ll have to be the forum reviewer for the Alexa Bose.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I take all my amazon returns to whole foods now then head straight to the meat counter

gak

<Gold Donor>
Check your speakers, they might be expired and you have to throw them out:

Sonos boss apologises for software update plan

The boss of Sonos apologised on Thursday for a decision to prevent older speakers from receiving software updates.

In a statement, the company's chief executive Patrick Spence said the company would deliver updates to all products "for as long as possible".

But the company did not retract its earlier decision.

The plan has sparked outrage with customers since it was announced earlier this week.

Some Sonos customers who spent thousands of pounds on their products voiced their anger on social media. They attacked the company claiming it was trying to force them to invest in new products.

In a letter posted on the company's website, Mr Spence said the company "did not get [the announcement] right from the start."

"Many of you have invested heavily in your Sonos systems, and we intend to honour that investment for as long as possible," wrote Mr Spence.

Sonos said it will still offer fixes for bugs and security patches for older products. But the plan needed to be put in place because older hardware would not be able to support the new software.

Owners who have systems that include both older and newer Sonos speakers will have to be set up two speaker groups to allow the correct updates to come through. Once a single speaker in a system can no longer receive new software it prevents the rest of the system from receiving updates.

Without updates, these devices will eventually stop working.

The change affects four models sold between 2006 and 2015, including the Play:5, Connect:Amp and Connect.

Affected Sonos customers are being offered a 30% discount towards a new product if they recycle their old speakers.

1.gif

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
And the rub there is that new sonos hardware isn't of the same quality as old hardware. Fuck them , they realized making shit that lasts forever doesn't make as much money as a company like Apple who forces customers to re-invest every 2-3 years.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Check your speakers, they might be expired and you have to throw them out:

Sonos boss apologises for software update plan

The boss of Sonos apologised on Thursday for a decision to prevent older speakers from receiving software updates.

In a statement, the company's chief executive Patrick Spence said the company would deliver updates to all products "for as long as possible".

But the company did not retract its earlier decision.

The plan has sparked outrage with customers since it was announced earlier this week.

Some Sonos customers who spent thousands of pounds on their products voiced their anger on social media. They attacked the company claiming it was trying to force them to invest in new products.

In a letter posted on the company's website, Mr Spence said the company "did not get [the announcement] right from the start."

"Many of you have invested heavily in your Sonos systems, and we intend to honour that investment for as long as possible," wrote Mr Spence.

Sonos said it will still offer fixes for bugs and security patches for older products. But the plan needed to be put in place because older hardware would not be able to support the new software.

Owners who have systems that include both older and newer Sonos speakers will have to be set up two speaker groups to allow the correct updates to come through. Once a single speaker in a system can no longer receive new software it prevents the rest of the system from receiving updates.

Without updates, these devices will eventually stop working.

The change affects four models sold between 2006 and 2015, including the Play:5, Connect:Amp and Connect.

Affected Sonos customers are being offered a 30% discount towards a new product if they recycle their old speakers.

View attachment 245497

This reminds me of that shit Logitech pulled with the harmony remotes.