Headphones & Audio Devices

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
That seems it would get annoying as heck. You sure you want that?
Not sure that is why I was hoping someone here and not a paid reviewer had some experiance, sounds cool and I could see how along with Sonys 3d audio and haptic controller it could really enhance the experiance, but at $200 I better want it.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Ya, maybe see if you could demo them somewhere or something. Doesn't seem worth the effort of ordering then shipping back if it is shitty

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
My Schiit Magni started acting up. Turn the volume knob and it has an incredible amount of static. It then gives uneven sound until I keep turning the volume knob. Had it for almost three years now.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Stick it in a low temp oven for a bit. My Schiit Modi 2 has some issue where heating it up causes my computer to finally recognize it. I think the soldering was done poorly and the temperature causes it to reflow(temporarily?). At least enough for my computer to recognize it and that recognition stays until I have to reboot.

I could see a bad connection from soldering to cause an issue like that.

I have no idea what temperatures are safe, however. I usually just stick mine in front a space heater until it's almost too hot to handle to get it to work.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Really interested in the razer kaira pro because of the haptic feedback, but they are double alot of the other headsets, anyone have any experiance?
i have razer ultimate nari, cool for 5mins, turned it off

probablly really good for fps for obvious reasons

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
My Schiit Magni started acting up. Turn the volume knob and it has an incredible amount of static. It then gives uneven sound until I keep turning the volume knob. Had it for almost three years now.

My Hel does the same thing, I assume it's from the previous owner pushing down on it when turning the knob. Probably cracked solder.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

• 1Galaxy Brain
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Yup, that would get the best result. Works really well

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

jooka jooka

Shit worked like a charm.

denzel-monica.gif

• 3Like
  • 1Galaxy Brain
Reactions: 3 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Wow, that's one I've never heard before. I'll have to remember that.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Wow, that's one I've never heard before. I'll have to remember that.

It's like WD40 I guess. Opened amp. I sprayed it on the volume knob pretty liberally making sure I got the whole thing. Let dry for 30 minutes. Static gonzo.

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Man, we had some pretty bad lightning and storms last night and this morning my Yamaha TSR-7810 won't turn on. Power light flashes about 20 times when you try to turn it on. Video passes through fine, so electrically those connections are fine. Video interrupts when the receiver is unplugged and comes back on plugged in, with receiver off. Which is fine, and makes sense internally.

My guess is that when we had a series of power interruptions last night back-to-back-to-back the unit went in to a circuit protection mode and protected itself. Unfortunately none of the reset options are helping. Usually "Tone + Info + Power" brings up a diagnostic screen, or "Straight + Power" will bring up the factory reset. In this case "Straight + Power" does nothing while "Tone + Info + Power" does trigger a power cycle, but no menu or other options come up, and the box still won't power on.

Not something I had planned for expenses. Maybe there's a local place that can repair or diagnose.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers