Heads up for all EA games and Ubisoft games going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
So you came from a time when box price for some of the games was $100++? I still remember paying $130 for a copy of Lufia 2 back in the day. That's a hell of a lot of MTX I could get on a $60 game today... oh wait, MTX are mandatory according to a lot of the whiners on these forums, ya? Let me rephrase: That's a hell of a lot of MTX i'm being forced to buy on the $60 games today. Oh yeah, and there was no such thing as a steam sale or anything of the sort back in the day, so it didn't really matter if you waited 6 months to pick it up or not, you were still paying full price.

Dude, can you define B&M stores for me? Do you ever remember a time when a game came with a manual?

I'm not seeing your point about spending $100+. I spent maybe $40 in 1988-1995 (ish).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
A good troll. Why I didn’t respond to it because I eat that shit for breakfast.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Fiedler was my best friend and played in 97 as a third string. Esera is and was under Denny

Number one. I don’t give a flying fuck What you buy.so let’s make that perfectly crystal clear Number 2, 97 season was 96 you dumb mother fucker. Before he was traded to jags in feb. idiot. Same with jay. No wonder you are such an ass clown.

So, NFL.com has wrong years for them? Because they're not the same year in Minnesota. Esera is 96 and fiedler is 98. Fiedler was a receivers coach in 97 and played some in NFL Europe then. See this article from 2000:

He was invited to the Senior Bowl - and then uninvited. He made the Eagles as an undrafted free agent in 1994, sticking for two seasons, but not getting in for so much as a down. After being waived in the summer of 1996, he was claimed by the Bengals, then waived just before the season. He didn't play again until the spring of 1997, when he had a thoroughly unspectacular (two TDs, eight INTs) year in the World League. Fiedler returned to Long Island to work full-time hours for part-time pay as an assistant to coach Joe Gardi, coaching receivers and helping the school's star quarterback, Giovanni Carmazzi.

" Fiedler finally got a call in the spring of '98, this time from the Vikings. He went to camp, got cut and was re-signed when Brad Johnson went down two weeks into the season. Backing

Esera has stats for the 97 season with the jags. Esera and fiedler NEVER overlapped. I'm sure you figured no one would ever look this up, right? But you done goofed since they didn't overlap.

Also, the NFL year is when it starts, not when it ends. No one is calling the current football season the 2018 season.

You're a larping blowhard.

Man, you're on the ropes. I better not tag you again, will trigger the CTE.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I don’t care what you think. That’s the fucking point. Get it yet? I don’t care, as I post drunk off my ass if I get some dates wrong and some internet fag wants to iron it down to this or that. I don’t care. That’s the point. You want to make a fucking model of a guy that played 4 snaps on a practice squad????? Really????

That’s all I had. That’s it. I’m not some fucking super star. Fucking took box.

DickTrickle

It's not even about dates being wrong. If you only played one year, then you couldn't have been teammates with esera and fiedler. Period.

We all love a Mippo tale, but it speaks to your credibility on what kind of dev contacts you actually have, which is relevant to this thread.

Ut, people will love you for you. You don't need to make up "interesting" details about your life or make up connections. It's okay, buddy. Let's hug it out.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Dude. I could out myself and solve all this but I’m not that dumb. I know who Esera Tuaolo is. I know who Jay is. Those are two people I call my friends. And you want street feed on an Internet forum where I have already proved rhat time and time again over 16 fucking years? The only thing I care about now is this. Real people. Real games.

You don’t buy it? I don’t care. That’s the point man. I don’t care. I don’t care what people think. I already play games with @TJT goishen goishen @persiansoap @brekk @Hekotat @Hatorade @Flight @Daezuel and tens of others here. I already know these guys now.

They don’t give a fuck what I did. We play games together. That’s the fucking point.

Love me for me? They are my friends online. Why is this so hard for you to understand. I came here with a reason. That reason ended. It turned into a great bunch of dudes who love games.

That’s it.

Please continue on telling me how I’m trying to be a huge hero from a washed up scout d line back Where Eddie would tell me how to cope with it if I ever made it big. But I didn’t. And I don’t care.

Get it? Probably not.

• 1Solidarity

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Dude. I could out myself and solve all this but I’m not that dumb. I know who Esera Tuaolo is. I know who Jay is. Those are two people I call my friends. And you want street feed on an Internet forum where I have already proved rhat time and time again over 16 fucking years? The only thing I care about now is this. Real people. Real games.

You don’t buy it? I don’t care. That’s the point man. I don’t care. I don’t care what people think. I already play games with @TJT goishen goishen @persiansoap @brekk @Hekotat @Hatorade @Flight @Daezuel and tens of others here. I already know these guys now.

They don’t give a fuck what I did. We play games together. That’s the fucking point.

Love me for me? They are my friends online. Why is this so hard for you to understand. I came here with a reason. That reason ended. It turned into a great bunch of dudes who love games.

That’s it.

Please continue on telling me how I’m trying to be a huge hero from a washed up scout d line back Where Eddie would tell me how to cope with it if I ever made it big. But I didn’t. And I don’t care.

Get it? Probably not.

Man claims not to care. Continues to argue about his alleged NFL career on internet for 10+ years.

• 8Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 8 users

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Dude, can you define B&M stores for me? Do you ever remember a time when a game came with a manual?

I'm not seeing your point about spending $100+. I spent maybe $40 in 1988-1995 (ish).

No, I don't remember when games came with manuals, i'm 14 years old and got my first video game in 2014 for Christmas.

My point is, there were some games back in the "good ole days" that you had to spend $100+ on if you wanted to play, or I guess you could just not play them. That's apparently not an option if you don't like the dlc program for a current game, though, because it's somehow outrageous for a company to offer optional purchases in a game to make money off people who want them.

You know what else is outrageous: Car companies offering optional upgrade packages. Fucking scam artsists intentionally withholding pieces like automatic transmissions, power windows, remote start and other things that are absolutely mandatory to drive the vehicle so that they can charge you extra to "upgrade" to them if you want to spend the money but you actually have to spend the money to drive, because like you all said about Shadow of War, it's literally impossible to beat the game without spending $173,050.99 on the loot boxes just so you can finish the game and it's literally impossible to drive without every single possible optional upgrade option for vehicles.

PS: I pirate every game by the game studios that I have a compulsory need to make a minimum of 50 forum posts per week ranting about because I have zero self control and every game company should run their business in the manner that would most make me happy, disregarding any potential profitable ventures, otherwise i'll have to make 500 forum posts per week.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
No, I don't remember when games came with manuals, i'm 14 years old and got my first video game in 2014 for Christmas.

My point is, there were some games back in the "good ole days" that you had to spend $100+ on if you wanted to play, or I guess you could just not play them. That's apparently not an option if you don't like the dlc program for a current game, though, because it's somehow outrageous for a company to offer optional purchases in a game to make money off people who want them.

You know what else is outrageous: Car companies offering optional upgrade packages. Fucking scam artsists intentionally withholding pieces like automatic transmissions, power windows, remote start and other things that are absolutely mandatory to drive the vehicle so that they can charge you extra to "upgrade" to them if you want to spend the money but you actually have to spend the money to drive, because like you all said about Shadow of War, it's literally impossible to beat the game without spending $173,050.99 on the loot boxes just so you can finish the game and it's literally impossible to drive without every single possible optional upgrade option for vehicles.

PS: I pirate every game by the game studios that I have a compulsory need to make a minimum of 50 forum posts per week ranting about because I have zero self control and every game company should run their business in the manner that would most make me happy, disregarding any potential profitable ventures, otherwise i'll have to make 500 forum posts per week.

I love you so much I cannot even tell you how much as I am in chat with the @BoozeCube as we speak.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
there wasnt a game in the 1990s that cost $100+ retail for a mainstream console. there were some SNES and genesis RPGs that retailed for $70 and $80 but that was about it

the only games i can think of that cost that much were Neo Geo games but no one owned that console so it doesnt count

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
lmao you're so full of shit.

Is your life that dull that you need to make up an elaborate backstory just so people will pay attention to you?

• 1Picard

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
lmao you're so full of shit.

Is your life that dull that you need to make up an elaborate backstory just so people will pay attention to you?

I'll dip in on this, since it relates to my past as well, but I've trained myself to steer clear from online anymore...

Assuming Ut is like me, which besides the NFL part and alcohol, we're otherwise similar:
1. Got fed up with RL people being pointlessly complicated in our 20s, making us really social gaming online
2. "fantastic situation" thrust upon us in our late teens to 20s [NFL side team for him, for me my family revealed it's lower upper class wealth to me + becoming part of Laura's hard to believe family], etc)
3. Probably more too, but it's late and this is on the phone so.... breaking from the list here...

For me it was never "Hey, look at me isn't my life amazing?" (Because frankly it isn't, I'm Toby from The Office at family reunions filled with giants), it's just normal unguarded discussion when I do it, sure in an RL case I'd probably bother evidencing things if challenged but online it's a different ball of wax - And something about my mental programming made it really hard to treat RL and online differently for quite a while. (Perhaps it's an age thing too - sounds like Ut is in a similar age bracket - guessing he's got 4-5 years on me at 41 - where we spent youth gaming and socializing IRL before transitioning to online socialization which has a much different set of norms.... Ultima Online at 18 or so was my first real online socialization)

It's rambly and it's late and I'm tired, but as a past "my amazing life" offender perhaps it gives some insight. But I really doubt it's about attention for him, just about friendship and not keeping up stupid pointless social guards with a different set of rules online.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

I don't think anyone really cares why he's into gaming. Everyone has a reason. But he's making a claim that's impossible (ie, he was friends with two teammates who were never teammates together), but people believe him because it sounds cool. It calls into doubt all his claims of deep game industry connections.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Got notifications turned off for Vaclav Vaclav 's BTW - so unless you just really like my name in red in the body of messages, no sense in wasting your time.

And no, I really don't give a shit about the "myself" part of it - just explaining my own thought process and how it probably applies to Ut as well with our similarities. I think it's just a matter of him being overly friendly online for the environment. Period. Tata.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I really couldn’t care less. The o my thing hat kinda irks me is when you google “utnayan nfl” the first hit is a fucking liberal as fuck punter who called out spec coach who didn’t do a fucking thing to the guy.

Other than that, I’m perfectly fine taking my favorite Brit to the Dickinson trash daily when I get bored. And playing some great games with a lot of good folks still to this day.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Man claims not to care. Continues to argue about his alleged NFL career on internet for 10+ years.

By the way, I always meant to tell you go fuck yourself. Go fuck yourself. You are, and will always be, one of the biggest pieces of online shit I have ever had the displeasure of reading. While you’re at it, kiss my ass.

• 2Rustled
  • 1Triggered
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I'll dip in on this, since it relates to my past as well, but I've trained myself to steer clear from online anymore...

Assuming Ut is like me, which besides the NFL part and alcohol, we're otherwise similar:
1. Got fed up with RL people being pointlessly complicated in our 20s, making us really social gaming online
2. "fantastic situation" thrust upon us in our late teens to 20s [NFL side team for him, for me my family revealed it's lower upper class wealth to me + becoming part of Laura's hard to believe family], etc)
3. Probably more too, but it's late and this is on the phone so.... breaking from the list here...

For me it was never "Hey, look at me isn't my life amazing?" (Because frankly it isn't, I'm Toby from The Office at family reunions filled with giants), it's just normal unguarded discussion when I do it, sure in an RL case I'd probably bother evidencing things if challenged but online it's a different ball of wax - And something about my mental programming made it really hard to treat RL and online differently for quite a while. (Perhaps it's an age thing too - sounds like Ut is in a similar age bracket - guessing he's got 4-5 years on me at 41 - where we spent youth gaming and socializing IRL before transitioning to online socialization which has a much different set of norms.... Ultima Online at 18 or so was my first real online socialization)

It's rambly and it's late and I'm tired, but as a past "my amazing life" offender perhaps it gives some insight. But I really doubt it's about attention for him, just about friendship and not keeping up stupid pointless social guards with a different set of rules online.

You and I used to spat all the time. :) Now? (And before this post) we just chat about games and share some opinions. You’re a good dude Vaclav.

Status
Not open for further replies.