Health Care Thread

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
How much money can you sue doctors for medical malpractice in a single payer system? Is it safe for me to assume everyone here is aware that personal injury trial lawyers are the single largest source of political donations to Democrat politicians? They donate millions of dollars every election cycle to help elect Democrats in exchange for ensuring Democrats thwart any attempt at tort reform that would reduce the primary source of income for personal injury lawyers. That would be my bet for why Democrats didn't even attempt to implement a single payer system.
Do you always have problems putting 2 and 2 together? Usage of illicit drugs increases the rate of suffering from mental illness. A person's lifestyle choice to use illicit drugs is not related in any way to whether a country has socialized or private healthcare system. The percentage of people in the US using illicit drugs is increasing as well as the percentage of people suffering from mental illness. The term for that is a direct correlation. If you want to prevent more and more people suffering from mental illness, you have to reduce/cutoff the source of illicit drugs. That won't be popular with the typical leftwing voter.
CITATION NEEDED

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
CITATION NEEDED
I already provided a citation earlier that showed usage of illicit drugs increased mental illness. You guys just ignored it because it would force you to admit I was correct about lifestyle choices. Idiots like Quaid tried to laugh it off.

Trial lawyers supporting Democrats is a no brainier that you shouldn't need a citation for but since I want you to be informed I will help you out.

https://www.opensecrets.org/industri...us.php?ind=K01

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Why do people use illegal drugs Rescorla?

It's because they're bad people making bad lifestyle choices right?

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
And you don't?

Your views seem pretty antiquated. Can I ask your age?
One thing you will discover about me assuming I continue to post here is that I never lie. I tried pot a couple of times in college but that was it. I saw how it was negatively affecting the people I knew who smoked it frequently. I enlisted in the Army shortly after that. I was never stupid enough to try cocaine or anything stronger even though I knew people who did.

I'm on the wrong side of 50. Same question to you.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I'm on the wrong side of 30 myself, and tried a number of illegal drugs in my youth, but nothing too hard. Mostly just college age party stuff.

Vaclav

I already provided a citation earlier that showed usage of illicit drugs increased mental illness. You guys just ignored it because it would force you to admit I was correct about lifestyle choices. Idiots like Quaid tried to laugh it off.

Trial lawyers supporting Democrats is a no brainier that you shouldn't need a citation for but since I want you to be informed I will help you out.

https://www.opensecrets.org/industri...us.php?ind=K01
Most people on drugs have mental problems BEFORE DRUGS - ask any psychiatrist. People that become addicted to drugs (including alcohol) generally are self-treating an already existing condition.

You don't seem to understand there's a well known chicken and egg situation with it. Yes, if you just look at the end result you might think that - but there's been studies done of folks that needed psychiatric treatment that weren't offered or didn't take psychiatric meds - and they, in overwhelming numbers, drank and did recreational drugs instead. Addicts become addicted because they need mental help, not the other way around.

I thought this was common knowledge. But perhaps having a severely depressed wife and having to study it as a result has made me overly aware.

And on "Trial Lawyers" - you made it sound overwhelming, versus a small nudge ahead. And mind you, most of those practices aren't in medical law in case you're unfamiliar. (The biggest one for example, is completely non-medical, its basically SJW) And many of them are split down the middle pretty close to 50/50. Morgan & Morgan is the only "overwhelming" example on there, and they're a small contributor - they are 100% democrat ambulance chasers though.

So yea, "no brainer" when the data says anything but. What are your feelings on the moon landing, lumie?

(And since we're talking age/drug history - will be 40 in about a year, basically a teetotaler - I messed around a little in my late teens with stuff but basically only go disoriented with nothing that I enjoyed/got benefit from. These days I'll drink a single drink socially a few times a year at the most. Besides cooking with alcohol as recommended in recipes)

Cad

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
"Trial lawyers" is an absurd term in the first place. Just say personal injury plaintiff's bar so you don't sound like a fucking moron.

Vaclav

"Trial lawyers" is an absurd term in the first place. Just say personal injury plaintiff's bar so you don't sound like a fucking moron.
Is that actually what that term is supposed to mean? I assumed "Trial Lawyer" meant any type of lawyer that went to court (i.e. not like patent lawyers and other ones that spend little time in court - criminal, medical, etc ones that require judgment) - the term is highly ambiguous to me as someone who's never used it.

Cad

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
Is that actually what that term is supposed to mean? I assumed "Trial Lawyer" meant any type of lawyer that went to court (i.e. not like patent lawyers and other ones that spend little time in court - criminal, medical, etc ones that require judgment) - the term is highly ambiguous to me as someone who's never used it.
All of the biggest judgments in US courts are patent trials. Patent litigators go to trial more than your average commercial litigator.

Insurance defense counsel are probably in trial more than any plaintiff's counsel...

"Trial lawyer" is a term that the plaintiff's bar has invented for themselves to make it seem like they are in trial all day fighting for you. It's PR nothing more.

Also virtually any litigator goes to "court" even if it's just discovery disputes and summary judgment hearings. Going to trial is another matter, very few cases go to trial in any discipline aside from criminal law and car accidents.

Vaclav

Gotcha, was thinking mostly the latter - my understanding of the different types of lawyer operation is pretty much limited to Law & Order's portrayal - which is very limited in scope, obv.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Do you have a reading comprehension problem? I explicitly used the term "personal injury trial lawyer" when I made my point.

You may want to look in the mirror the next time you think about using the term "fucking moron".

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
And on "Trial Lawyers" - you made it sound overwhelming, versus a small nudge ahead. And mind you, most of those practices aren't in medical law in case you're unfamiliar. (The biggest one for example, is completely non-medical, its basically SJW) And many of them are split down the middle pretty close to 50/50. Morgan & Morgan is the only "overwhelming" example on there, and they're a small contributor - they are 100% democrat ambulance chasers though.

So yea, "no brainer" when the data says anything but. What are your feelings on the moon landing, lumie?
I suggest you try again and this time not assume you are always correct.

Opensecrets.org lists all the sources of campaign donations. They used to call themselves the Association of Trial Lawyers of America but they have changed their name now to American Association for Justice. 56000 lawyers all united in one sole purpose to prevent tort reform. Their political donations go almost exclusively to Democrats and that is beyond dispute.

They donated closed to $430 million dollars to Democrats during the 2008 and 2010 election cycle while Obamacare was being debated.

Do you understand my point now?

Cad

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
"tort reform" is almost always pro-business because it limits their liability and increases profits, decreasing judicial oversight. It's no surprise republicans would be on one side of that and democrats the other side.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
"tort reform" is almost always pro-business because it limits their liability and increases profits, decreasing judicial oversight. It's no surprise republicans would be on one side of that and democrats the other side.
What kind of lawyer are you?