Health Care Thread

Rescorla_sl

shitlord

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You're really drinking the Obama koolaid when you try to spin the CBO report as well as the info in the Breitbart article as anything positive.
When have I said it was something positive? I said it's not saying how you're saying to interpret it...

I'm the king of "no strong opinion" - but I hate seeing blatantly wrong things stated.

You were trying to claim that less total people are insured now, when evidence isn't there to support that. Period. If you've got it, please evidence it however.

Vaclav

Mr. KnowsSomeoneWhoKnowsItAll
That meme is getting rather annoying - I think it's gotta be at least year since I've "I know somebody"-ed - and it's certainly at least that since I did it with any consistency, if I had some slip ups.

I've been picked on for it at least 10:1 for recent use for sure.

Especially annoying when people like Big P with his constant "My dad is a piece of shit and did this..." stories never get picked on - when it's the exact same shit in reverse. Not going anywhere or anything, and will likely go back to completely ignoring it - but it's just a stupid (inaccurate) waste of type these days. I got the memo and stopped. =P

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I don't know why you'd bother arguing with Rescorla. Facts never get in the way of his blind stupidity

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I guess I'm not surprised you didn't comprehend the bad news in that CBO report either. Having my intelligence insulted by you is turning out to be a huge compliment.
He points out that you are factually wrong by presenting actual facts. You then say "Yeah but that's not good news for other reasons!! lol!!" like that's in any way relevant. Not understanding very basic things like numbers really seems to be your strong suit.

I guess it's nice you think so highly of me that even my pointing out your stupidity is the highlight of your day.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
He points out that you are factually wrong by presenting actual facts. You then say "Yeah but that's not good news for other reasons!! lol!!" like that's in any way relevant. Not understanding very basic things like numbers really seems to be your strong suit.

I guess it's nice you think so highly of me that even my pointing out your stupidity is the highlight of your day.
Your logic is stupendous. I linked to a CBO report that any non-idiot should be able to comprehend clearly. Vaclav goes into full spin mode to avoid admitting it was bad news for Obamacare and you come trolling in calling me stupid. You've got some issues you need to go see a therapist for. Hopefully your healthcare insurance will cover it.

Vaclav

Your logic is stupendous. I linked to a CBO report that any non-idiot should be able to comprehend clearly. Vaclav goes into full spin mode to avoid admitting it was bad news for Obamacare and you come trolling in calling me stupid. You've got some issues you need to go see a therapist for. Hopefully your healthcare insurance will cover it.
You tried to imply something, there's direct statements to the contrary of what you implied. Period. You took an abbreviated statement and tried to make it into something it wasn't - which even careful reading of the article rather than the headline hinted heavily at.

Again, still waiting on one dose of direct quotable evidence that your implication had ANY accuracy.

I will admit if you don't understand the times that numbers are actually collected from employers and such (which most people outside of HR and administration likely don't understand - maybe CPAs now too since it's tied in with taxes some now - that's after I retired however) that's not entirely your fault and it's an easy mistake to made because you don't understand that Medicare & Medicaid reports at one time (sometime in January - I think Jan 1 but not 100% sure TBH) and employer based insurance doesn't report until the middle of the year. [I'm not sure about other variants - but those are two of the most major - and frankly, ideally most of the people leaving would be going to employer plans is the hope of most people anyhow]

But you're literally trying to tell someone with a career that dealt with reporting employer-based insurance data to the Fed on a yearly basis that he's wrong about the CBO already having the numbers on hand to quote those people left the system entirely. [Not to mention the lack of "logic" - Derrrrr - the penalty went up, let's make sure we take the penalty now we paid for a plan last year to avoid! I'm sure there's a few hillbillies out there that were dumb enough to do something like that - but not a statistically significant quantity]

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
You tried to imply something, there's direct statements to the contrary of what you implied. Period. You took an abbreviated statement and tried to make it into something it wasn't - which even careful reading of the article rather than the headline hinted heavily at.

Again, still waiting on one dose of direct quotable evidence that your implication had ANY accuracy.

I will admit if you don't understand the times that numbers are actually collected from employers and such (which most people outside of HR and administration likely don't understand - maybe CPAs now too since it's tied in with taxes some now - that's after I retired however) that's not entirely your fault and it's an easy mistake to made because you don't understand that Medicare & Medicaid reports at one time (sometime in January - I think Jan 1 but not 100% sure TBH) and employer based insurance doesn't report until the middle of the year. [I'm not sure about other variants - but those are two of the most major - and frankly, ideally most of the people leaving would be going to employer plans is the hope of most people anyhow
You're full of shit. I didn't imply anything. I linked to a news report of factual information coming from the CBO that is more bad news for Obamacare.

CBO lowers estimated ObamaCare sign-ups by 40 percent | TheHill

Vaclav

You're full of shit. I didn't imply anything. I linked to a news report of factual information coming from the CBO that is more bad news for Obamacare.

CBO lowers estimated ObamaCare sign-ups by 40 percent | TheHill
Yea, with that quote you love to ignore:
Many of the uninsured people who opt out of coverage on the exchanges are now expected to purchase insurance "directly from an insurer instead," the CBO said.
They expect most of the people to get insurance elsewhere. Which to someone who understands reporting timeframes knows that it's not quoted as absolute because they won't know those numbers until the early Summer.

Let's make a bet: if they come out in the summer and the majority of the 40% of ACA people that are demonstrated once the numbers are fully reported that in fact opted for NO INSURANCE, you win the bet. (Say over 20% - so more than half of the quoted "loss" figure) On the other hand - below 20% and I win. Just need to agree on the prize we're wagering for.

I'll appreciate whatever gift you're effectively giving me by accepting the bet - since this future doesn't take much of a crystal ball to predict.

Blakkheim

Karazhan Raider
God Damn blakkheim we know the website sucks and they're having a shit fit over it. We'll get through this together man. All this cancelled policy shit isn't reason to panic because they're still selling policies! He was full of shit when he said everyone could keep their plan, we know. Do you think consistent plans for everyone will have benefits with billing etc down the road? Half the shit I've filed it's random whether they actually pay it or I have to appeal.

This policy cancelled panic is not a big deal and everyone fucking knows it.
Obamacare Implosion: Last Major Healthcare Provider Pulls Out Of Iowa Leaving No Options In 2018 | Zero Hedge

"Medica's exit is expected to leave roughly 70,000 Iowans without a single option to purchase a personal health insurance policy in 2018, even if they wanted to."

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>

5b4e851d734df4c93ac8c053f6ff2950.jpg

Oldbased

> Than U
So Ryancare 16.86v3 comes out tomorrow with supposed votes.
What is actually in it and how bad does it make America not great?
I suspect it will be horrible since it was done by a bunch of commie globalist republicans who are only slightly better than the democrats.