Health Problems

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
SO - had my left boob in every possible position it could be in today and touched by 4 different women. Normally that would be hot - but not today. Diagnostic mammogram, stereotactic "scouting" and ultrasound. I am scheduled for (cross your fingers) an ultrasound guided biopsy next Friday at 7 am. Chief Doc is doing it; the nurse (Bridget was her name we laughed our assess off) and ultrasound tech (Linda - I told her about light filtering gels - she has a light sensitivity) I had today liked me so much that they made sure to schedule themselves for my procedure. I am a fortunate girl! :) <3

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
My A1c 10 days ago came back 6.1. Far from the 8's of January.
Sad thing is I haven't been all that compliant this month. I've found myself going days without eating again like I used to, then eating like a king out of nowhere. I am just never hungry most of the time.
But what about your boobs? The man asked a quesiton.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
SO - had my left boob in every possible position it could be in today and touched by 4 different women. Normally that would be hot - but not today. Diagnostic mammogram, stereotactic "scouting" and ultrasound. I am scheduled for (cross your fingers) an ultrasound guided biopsy next Friday at 7 am. Chief Doc is doing it; the nurse (Bridget was her name we laughed our assess off) and ultrasound tech (Linda - I told her about light filtering gels - she has a light sensitivity) I had today liked me so much that they made sure to schedule themselves for my procedure. I am a fortunate girl! :) <3
Having nurses like that makes everything infinitely easier imo. I've definitely had nurses on the opposite end of the spectrum and I have them sent packing ASAP if I'm staying in the hospital. You don't need to be around that kind of energy. Good luck with the biopsy!

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
You're just dodging the question. Fine be that way.

Clearly that's her boob. If she's 5'10 120lbs those D-cups are where all her weight is at.

trex

Queen Bee
Ugh, that's so scary. It looks similar to the squamous cell carcinoma but it's not an open sore. When I touch it, it makes me so squeamish because it's so sensitive-- like don't look at it because the photons reflecting off it make it sore. And yeah, it was big and deep so they had to cut it super deep. Might as well have used a hole punch myself. I felt like you could see breast tissue underneath it. Will refrain from posting pic. It's not flat and smooth, it's raised quite a bit from the skin. And not flat in itself. The outside boarder is scaly.

Yeah Mrs G, the weight thing is becoming a huge issue, but I have no appetite. At all. People are starting to comment and Tyen straight up says I look horrible. My back is all bony and gross. It's true though, I look like total shit. I've always been confused by the term "unexplained weight loss" but it seems to be exactly what this is. Just generally speaking I haven't felt "well".

You had bump and a mammogram? Last time I was man handled at the gyno milk came out my boob. Hadn't nursed in 9mo, it was cray. I'm trying to figure out if this lump is related to the skin or the tissue. What's yours like?

Oldbased

> Than U
Ugh, that's so scary. It looks similar to the squamous cell carcinoma but it's not an open sore. When I touch it, it makes me so squeamish because it's so sensitive-- like don't look at it because the photons reflecting off it make it sore. And yeah, it was big and deep so they had to cut it super deep. Might as well have used a hole punch myself. I felt like you could see breast tissue underneath it. Will refrain from posting pic. It's not flat and smooth, it's raised quite a bit from the skin. And not flat in itself. The outside boarder is scaly.

Yeah Mrs G, the weight thing is becoming a huge issue, but I have no appetite. At all. People are starting to comment and Tyen straight up says I look horrible. My back is all bony and gross. It's true though, I look like total shit. I've always been confused by the term "unexplained weight loss" but it seems to be exactly what this is. Just generally speaking I haven't felt "well".

You had bump and a mammogram? Last time I was man handled at the gyno milk came out my boob. Hadn't nursed in 9mo, it was cray. I'm trying to figure out if this lump is related to the skin or the tissue. What's yours like?
It is possible what was removed was a bundle of nerves. Happened to Shelly on her hand, they said it was a mole and when they froze it it hurt like a freight train for her for a week and 3 months later still causes her great pain even though it is mostly gone.
She was told the mistake was common.

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>

No lump - routine mammogram revealed clusters of nasty little calcification...single macro calcifications are common, micros can be a bit more concerning; when they start to group and form borders we have potential issues and my tissues are ridiculously dense so it is more difficult to image. I mean, I am a rock star and all but I have left boob groupies and not in a good way.

I hope you find out what is up with your appetite and skin stuff and that all will be well. Did your foot heal well?

trex

Queen Bee
I've haven't gotten one yet. Is it painful? I hear they push it down like a pancake. What does it feel like when you touch the lumps?

No. My foot is a disaster. My insurance deemed the surgery to finish it up "unnecessary". It goes purple, is so incredibly painful and I feel some strange nerve shocks into my ankle. Plus after a while I walk funny then my body is sore from walking like that. Not worse than before, but different. I strictly take no narcos for it, so I basically just deal. I think as soon as insurance changes I need to call her 3x a week so she can push insurance into saying it's necessary. Or maybe our next provider just will.

Got blood drawn today since I'm freaking out about weight loss just for a general CBC CMP. Cheap and easy. The lab is next door to us. Won't hear from the doc till Monday but everything looks fine except my sodium is quite low and my "Auto abs Eos" is high. What could this mean?

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I've been taking lots of zofran to stomach bigger meals, but it isn't working

Going to guess root stress on this one, as a shot in the dark.

You should do a total calorie count if you are concerned about weight-loss. I mean if you are popping Zofran (pretty questionable treatment here, especially if its not working) to try to eat more, but don't even have a vague idea of how many calories you are taking in or even a ballpark I don't know what to tell you.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Won't hear from the doc till Monday but everything looks fine except my sodium is quite low and my "Auto abs Eos" is high. What could this mean?

Depends how high, and depends on other results. If you can read, you can speculate but its worthless without more diagnostics. Eosinophil - Wikipedia

If you are having symptoms (you seem to be) then I would do a few inflammatory marker tests and probably throw some autoimmunity tests in just to get a better idea of what the eosinophils may be doing.

You are either fighting something, or you are fighting yourself.

Again, I don't think any of this is healthy for you. Several of us have been through hardcore health scares here. Hope you realize the pitfalls of getting involved in trying to figure this out. I know firsthand how stress can prevent appetite and eating without you being able to do a damn thing about it. You really need to be focusing on spirituality and less about how terrible you look. Its probably time to start cutting stressors down.

Last edited:

iannis

Musty Nester

They probably did cut it down to the muscle if it left that kind of scar.

And well, if you're not eating, then the weight loss isn't unexplained. The loss of appetite is a problem but it is a different thing. Unexplained weight loss is a sign because a deep tumor is siphoning calories. Cancer will hijack the local blood supply to feed itself, and when it does that it can deprive healthy tissues of food. Hence -- unexplained weight loss. Another thing about cancer is that it doesn't hurt until right before it kills you. That thing's not cancerous, so ease your mind about that. The mole that they pulled out wasn't.

I mean unless your doctor injected you with cancer.

It's just being a difficult wound and slow to heal. It's in a bad spot. Scars can get scaly at the edges. That it's raised is better than if it were indented. It is possible that you're carrying a lingering infection. But I mean, you'd kinda have to poke it to see. And I wouldn't poke it. It's also possible that mole is growing back.

Loss of appetite can be a lot of things. When you do see the doc, lead with the scar but loss of appetite is #2.

Last edited:

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Yeah unexplained weight loss is along the lines of "I eat like two men but gain no weight, actually I lost some".

If you are having appetite issues that is not unexplained, well not the weight loss.

Zofran wil only help with active nausea from what I remember and not appetite at all. On chemo I had the nausea and the loss of appetite and the zofran stopped me from throwing up as much but the appetite was still gone. Basically I just had to schedule meals and eat them no matter what.

I didn't have the option of marijuana either. Maybe try that? Maybe just schedule a certain amount of calories no matter what? Every morning you eat a certain breakfast, every lunch etc etc

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
T-Rex you could also drink stuff like ensure or other types of shakes to make sure you're at least getting nutrients that you need. Yeah, old people drink that stuff, but you'd be better ingesting that stuff somehow.

You could try weight gain shakes but honestly I don't think you'd enjoy that.

iannis

Musty Nester
Ensure isn't bad. Or boost. I have it sometimes for lunch.

They've actually done away with the aftertaste.

Suin raises a valid point. If you don't get the munchies after smoking a bowl... I'd be concerned.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
How far postpartum are you I'd wonder too, with regards to the ab eosinophil count. Because autoimmunity post-pregnancy is a thing. I just happened to recall the other day.

epidemiological examination that was done due to the known prevalence of AID happenings during and postpartum:

Pregnancy and the risk of autoimmune disease: An exploration

findings of immune related happenings (curing of rheumatic arthritis for example by pregnancy) while other AID remains the same, or development of new AID:

AUTOIMMUNE DISEASE DURING PREGNANCY AND THE MICROCHIMERISM LEGACY OF PREGNANCY

Easier non-science reading if you just want the concept without the science behind it:

Having a Baby Makes Mom's Body Turn on Itself

It happens. There is a correlation. Its nothing to freak out about. The whole cancer thing you are stuck on likely needs to be rolled up and thrown right in the garbage for now as far as worry goes.

I'm leaning heavily towards stress + postpartum AID.

Postpartum AID is very normal in many ways so you can likely stop sweating the eosinophils until you have a whole lot more diagnostics. Continue with the medical process and just get a calorie count in the meantime so you know if its truly unexplained weight loss or stress induced. Eat the same stuff every day if necessary.

Last edited:

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
How far postpartum are you I'd wonder too, with regards to the ab eosinophil count. Because autoimmunity post-pregnancy is a thing. I just happened to recall the other day.

epidemiological examination that was done due to the known prevalence of AID happenings during and postpartum:

Pregnancy and the risk of autoimmune disease: An exploration

findings of immune related happenings (curing of rheumatic arthritis for example by pregnancy) while other AID remains the same, or development of new AID:

AUTOIMMUNE DISEASE DURING PREGNANCY AND THE MICROCHIMERISM LEGACY OF PREGNANCY

Easier non-science reading if you just want the concept without the science behind it:

Having a Baby Makes Mom's Body Turn on Itself

It happens. There is a correlation. Its nothing to freak out about. The whole cancer thing you are stuck on likely needs to be rolled up and thrown right in the garbage for now as far as worry goes.

I'm leaning heavily towards stress + postpartum AID.

Postpartum AID is very normal in many ways so you can likely stop sweating the eosinophils until you have a whole lot more diagnostics. Continue with the medical process and just get a calorie count in the meantime so you know if its truly unexplained weight loss or stress induced. Eat the same stuff every day if necessary.
I think year(s) post partum. I think the youngest is at least a year old.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
My tumor in my neck is back to being large enough to find and feel with little effort. Medicaid still leaving me waiting on approving my high-dose chemotherapy. Called my doc, and between my lump being back and Medicaid dicking around they want me to do another round of regular dose chemotherapy. Going back in a week from tomorrow.

Been fighting for a year and a half now, getting real sick of this shit.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users