Health Problems

trex

Queen Bee
So the zofran is self administered because I thought I was a genius. I got prescribed 100,000 of them when I was pregnant but didn't take many. I have tons laying around so when I know I need to eat but my stomach is sore I pop one (melt one) first. It sometimes works but not as much as I'd like it to, so what a_skeleton_03 says makes sense. Less barfing, still no appetite.

I'm in no way lactose intolerant and I do the ensure breakfasts a lot, as much as possible. But when I drink 2 cups of milk I get this weird stomach bomb. Gurgles then horrible poops. Do you know of any that are dairy free? Tyen heard about these supplemental meals you get delivered but I haven't looked too far into it. That rock climber/scientist or whatever. My dream is to just inject my nutrients. I eat such unhealthy food and it's just a pain in the ass anyway. Like I can't eat vegetables. They're gross. Quinoa? No chance. Whole wheat? Not my fave.

Tyen also tells me to just get high. If I smoke pot I have panic attacks. Im nervous to even try again because I've gone to the ER in an ambulance once because I was that sure I was dying. Now I'm hearing more about "strains". Do you guys know what would not make me freak?

My youngest is 18mo. But after my first was born, I couldnt eat for over a month. It was crazy. I'd eat 2 bites of chicken and be unbearably full. One day, around 5 weeks, it was just gone. I woke up hungry one morning. I also had want-to-kill-myself PPD with him. We're both lucky to be alive and telling the tale. Speaking of, I'm on Wellbutrin and started a few months ago. Switched from Paxil. Could that contribute?

The calorie count is really low. 400-600/day. 800 max. I also don't drink anymore so I lost tons of cals from that. I'll do a more precise count this week.

I've always wondered about Medicade and chemo. What state do you live in pharmakos pharmakos ?

iannis

Musty Nester
Yah, wellbutrin can cause changes in appetite.

You probably are lactose intolerant if you're gurgling after 2 cups of milk. As we age we stop producing as many of the enzymes used to digest milk. We really only produce them in the first place for mothers milk, not cows milk. I knew an oldschool doctor who used to say, "Cows Milk is for orphans and ulcers". I mean that's a bit extreme, and he was kidding, but it's really a valid point. There are degrees of intolerance. Cooked milk changes the composition of it. It is, I hope not surprisingly, the lactose and maltose that cause digestive problems. Cooking it reduces those.

I can't drink milk anymore like I used to. I used to go through a gallon every 3 days. If I have much more than a glass or two a day anymore I fart. so. much.

You gotta find stuff that you enjoy eating. Empty calories, in this context, are better than no calories. As long as you're meeting nutritional needs. And honestly, that's not hard to do.

Chub up a little girl. You're married now.

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
Good Greek yogurts are lower in lactose and there are a couple of brands that are reportedly lactose-free. If you get the whole milk full fat version, you get a good bang for your buck on calorie density and protein. (I like the no fat for the limited calorie to protein and carb ratio).
Making your own shakes with plain yogurt, sweetened (for the extra calories) almond or other nut milk and whatever fruits you prefer (blueberries - yum!) or honey or whatever you like can be a good alternative.
And also - Carnation instant breakfast comes in a ton of varieties, has milk protein (but limited lactose) and the nutritionists with whom I work often recommend it as an alternative to the more expensive Ensure or other meal supplement products.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I've never been diagnosed with lactose intolerance but any milk at all and I get the ol shits so I just avoid it.

Are you sure you're eating 600 Cal a day? You'd die on that amount long enough.

I can understand being nervous on pot but you shouldn't get panic attacks. For me it always made me calm down and melt into my chair.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I've always wondered about Medicade and chemo. What state do you live in pharmakos pharmakos ?

Michigan. They've covered all the chemo itself without question up until this end-of-the-line sort of stuff. Now that we know I need the high-dose stuff they are dragging their feet for some reason.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
RE: Strains

Look for Jack Herer. During my chemo I used maybe 9-10 different strains and the Jack Herer made me feel the most upbeat even at the worst. If you have anxiety while using JH then you should probably avoid using pot again. :p

Jack Herer Strain Information

effects.jpg

med.jpg

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Length of time on Paxil? Dose?

as iannis mentioned wellbutrin could cause some crushed appettite/weight loss. Its quite well known for it. Also highly skeptical of your claim that you are not lactose intolerant. Also highly skeptical that you don't have a number of allergies, but thats a whole different story.

I'd be rethinking Wellbutrin and researching the anecdotes possibly to see if anyones situation turned around. If you had started Wellbutrin clean without any history on Paxil, I think you would have had far less chance to be a victim of Wellbutrin induced appetite loss.

You really need to see if you can handle a high amount of calories in the meantime. Try some P+J sandwhiches. If you can't handle high fats diet, you're probably fucked though since the easiest source of calories is various oils. The fastest way for me to get my calories up is to throw a few tablespoons of olive oil into my shake with a banana, 1 cup of raw coffee grinded oats, toss a scoop of whey in. Think they were 800 calories a piece. That was during my powerbuilding days.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

sole

Molten Core Raider
I have oromandibular dystonia and it's a fucking chore to eat sometimes, and I've dealt with weight problems because of it. You can get creative with some smoothies though, put them in a yeti tumbler or something and use it as a snack throughout the day. Mango with spinach, yogurt, oats, honey, and a little ginger is pretty rad. You can add extra mango or a banana to drown out the spinach.

It's pretty easy to get used to not eating that much, especially when it causes pain. I'm 6' and my weight dropped to about 125lbs before I started adapting and getting things under control. Low body weight can really fuck you up, so you need to find something that's easy to make and doesn't taste like shit.

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Doctor told me to buy otc stuff so I bought some Omeprazole for my acid reflux. 4 days so far and no improvement. He told me to do a 2 week course so we'll see.

Today is particularly shitty, my throat feels like I have a ball stuck in it

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
Doctor told me to buy otc stuff so I bought some Omeprazole for my acid reflux. 4 days so far and no improvement. He told me to do a 2 week course so we'll see.

It took more than four days to develop....probably going to take more than four days to resolve. I took Omeprazole , plus at night, ranitidine for a course of two weeks...worked great.

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U

I've had doctors tell me to take courses of that as needed despite the warnings on box( as many weeks as needed )
For me it works pretty fast. I am not sure if my acid reflux comes and goes so fast it didn't matter but by the 2nd or 3rd day I was usually fine.
For Shelly it doesn't matter if she takes it a month. If he tells you to buy it again demand a prescription for it though and a big bottle. Cheaper.

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Mix some baking soda in warm water and chug it.

• 1Like

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
The proton pump inhibitors are reported to mess with your magnesium...which you desperately need for good cardiac function.
So...if one is on it long term and their doc hasn't also checked magnesium levels or if needed, prescribed supplementation of magnesium, I would get a new doc.

Last edited:

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I've been on Omeprazole for over a decade now and yeah it does take a good long time to get 'started' so don't expect to feel better until after that initial two week period. I actually don't get 'heartburn' in the classic sense which is why I was able to miss that my esophagus was getting eaten away. I experience it as displaced pain which hits right at my upper left chest / shoulder and initially made people think it was something cardiac in nature. Nope. Just massive acid reflux.

The problem with PPI is that your body will produce more cells to combat the effects of the medication which seems to lead to a runaway arms war between the medication and the acid generation of your stomach. There are very few long-term efficacy studies that have taken place given that the medication is still, in a relative sense, very young, but nearly all of them agree that people like me are fucked long term.

I had briefly tried Paxil but that stuff will just annihilate your mind. I was thankfully able to recognize that it was doing bad things to me and dump it after only a couple weeks, but thinking back to it even now a decade later sends shivers down my spine. My most vivid memory from Paxil use, other than the immediate complete and total sexual dysfunction, was going for a run a couple days after I started taking it. I was so mellow that I was only marginally aware that I was moving and just kept going and going. Keep in mind that I was in fairly poor shape at that time owing to the reasons why I'd started taking the Paxil in the first place. My body was exhausted and in any other circumstance my lungs would have been on fire and I'd have been miserable... instead it was like hitting autorun in a game and I only headed back home after it got dark. The next day I had difficulty moving and was aware I was in pain, but only in the manner of an outside observer. I could tell I hurt, but I just did not even remotely care.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I had briefly tried Paxil but that stuff will just annihilate your mind. I was thankfully able to recognize that it was doing bad things to me and dump it after only a couple weeks, but thinking back to it even now a decade later sends shivers down my spine. My most vivid memory from Paxil use, other than the immediate complete and total sexual dysfunction, was going for a run a couple days after I started taking it. I was so mellow that I was only marginally aware that I was moving and just kept going and going. Keep in mind that I was in fairly poor shape at that time owing to the reasons why I'd started taking the Paxil in the first place. My body was exhausted and in any other circumstance my lungs would have been on fire and I'd have been miserable... instead it was like hitting autorun in a game and I only headed back home after it got dark. The next day I had difficulty moving and was aware I was in pain, but only in the manner of an outside observer. I could tell I hurt, but I just did not even remotely care.

Precisely why I've always declined SSRI's when getting a differential diagnosis despite obvious physical symptoms. I'd rather deal with the pain and anxiety and know whats going on. Its gotten to the point where if your back hurts really bad, you are getting an SSRI.

I have taken Zoloft as a performance enhancer while looking for something to help step my game up. 1 pill had me levitating for 3 straight days. I was absolutely appalled that people took these pills every single day if 1 had me balls out for 3 days. If they designed them to be more subtle, lower dosed, maybe I could see some good application. 5-HT-1 agonists for example are much more subtle providing a clean energy and just a touch of relaxed dampening, but they were ruled to put people at risk of serotonin syndrome.

Edit: I wanted to differentiate a bit more, a 5-HT-1 agonist will give you a mood bump and endless calm energy, without the overly disconnected and 3rd person tripping balls video game feeling. Its fantasy land, but maybe some day they will study site-specific drugs further and tailor some of these options. For now we are stuck with nuclear bombs-- and I sort of think the docs and big pharma kind of like that. So many people need the blast, right.

Last edited:

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
I had ultrasound guided needle biopsy done today. They took 4 separate tissue samples. I bled more than expected and the f/u mammogram hurt as the lidocaine was done working. My left boob hurts. Pathology report M or T.

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Reflux completely cleared up, whew.

I know it's lame when were talking about biopsies and stuff but any adverse health problems when I have diabetes worries me

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

iannis

Musty Nester
it's the small vessels that should concern you and extremeties. The large arteries involved with reflux. Your beetus is powerless against them!

I mean being conscious of it is good, very good. But don't worry yourself into a snit. Reflux sucks, and it can get fairly extreme. But it's got nothing to do with your beetus one way or the other really.

And easier said than done but don't let any of it worry you. The oppressive funk kind of worry. laughter damn sure is NOT the best medicine... but it does hold value.