Health Problems

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Abdominal wall reconstruction surgery has been scheduled for July 3rd. Here we go!
It'll be a 10-12 hour surgery for my surgeon and a plastic surgeon so check in is 5am FML. I'm expecting to be in for 10 days. Had the same surgery but not quite this large bout 6 years ago and that's how long of a stay I had. 3 months for something like an 80% recovery. I won't ever hit 100% but I'm not really worried bout that.
I had to post that shit on my Wall so family would stop asking what time I'd be home after the surgery. Their shock was amusing and annoying.

I did get a reply of "BUILD THAT WALL!!" which gave me a chuckle.
I of course replied MAGA!!! Make Abdomens Great Again!

• 3Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Sorry man, that is some shit to deal with(I guess quite literally too).

Here I am coming to complain that I got a canker on the top of my tongue again. Can't speak or taste food. Also little dude got me sick for the third or fourth time this year.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Abdominal wall reconstruction surgery has been scheduled for July 3rd. Here we go!
It'll be a 10-12 hour surgery for my surgeon and a plastic surgeon so check in is 5am FML. I'm expecting to be in for 10 days. Had the same surgery but not quite this large bout 6 years ago and that's how long of a stay I had. 3 months for something like an 80% recovery. I won't ever hit 100% but I'm not really worried bout that.
I had to post that shit on my Wall so family would stop asking what time I'd be home after the surgery. Their shock was amusing and annoying.

I did get a reply of "BUILD THAT WALL!!" which gave me a chuckle.
I of course replied MAGA!!! Make Abdomens Great Again!
yea sorry dude, googling abdominal wall reconstruction surgery is horror show good lord...

here is imgurs best wall pic

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Best wishes Woe. A few people got hernias in my family and we're genetically disposed to hiatal hernias like most bigger sized celts.

I'm heading there myself if I don't cool it. Feeling that hiatal ache from lots of very stiff elevated talking *cough shouting* and intensive arguing and discussion for hours on end just after getting completely stuffed full of food and drink for months on end. Every night may as well have turned into an all-out melee with how much arguing and debate is going on over here. If someone got hit over the head with a club it might actually be more healthy for everybody all around. Great reminder that its time to break the cycle.

Last edited:

Oldbased

> Than U
This isn't my first rodeo. I had a 3 month stay in Hotel Med a long while back. I should be all set. :)
I found my last hospital stay pretty nice once you get past the whole not breathing part. Food was better than expected and nurses younger than I remembered.
I missed the initial post on this, was the tear caused by hernia or what created such a terrible tear?

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Thanks for the well wishes guys. The worst part is going to be away from our son for so long. I plan on catching up on some reading once I'm coherent enough to see straight. Until then I'm mashing the fuck out of the pain button.

This hernia and my last hernia (in 2010) were basically from double digit surgeries over the last 23 years. Well it's really the same hernia just bigger now. My belly button shifted a good 4 inches to the right and everything to the left of it is hernia. I look incredibly lopsided and barrel shaped. I just had a nasty head cold and to blow my nose or cough I have to bend over like a deep bow. It's absurd at this point. Definitely time to get it fixed.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
On my way to Detroit Medical Center for a week in the oncology ward, more chemotherapy. Hospital stays aren't so bad as long as they have good wifi, just bring your laptop, ask for some morphine, and get lost in a game for your week or two Woe.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
I plan on reading the fuck out of the Expanse series. Almost done with book 1 and I'm severely hooked. And Fentanyl will be my drug of choice. As awesome as they are Morphine and Dilaudid both turn my bowels to cement which ends up causing more pain than what they're trying to relieve for me. Other than that I plan on asking for some IV Benadryl because hospital linens make me itchy as hell sometimes and pill benadryl doesn't do shit for it. The IV stuff fuuuuuucks me up good. I'm figuring the first 3 days will be nothing but a blur and then the real recovery work will start.

Last edited:
  • 3Solidarity

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
Initial results for me - benign! Yay - but...the radiologist and my primary want me to see the breast surgeon still for follow up - tissue excision, more testing... I am gonna ask him if he can just go ahead and add some tissue while he is in there and then to even out the R breast too.

For all of you dear FoH friends having to actually deal with nasty processes, my thoughts are with you... for whatever that is worth to you. <3

• 5Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
After this surgery once I've recovered enough. I'm either buying myself something or we're doing something to celebrate getting that shit over with. Can definitely squeeze you in somewhere.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Initial results for me - benign! Yay - but...the radiologist and my primary want me to see the breast surgeon still for follow up - tissue excision, more testing... I am gonna ask him if he can just go ahead and add some tissue while he is in there and then to even out the R breast too.

For all of you dear FoH friends having to actually deal with nasty processes, my thoughts are with you... for whatever that is worth to you. <3
My favorite B-word. LOL Congrats that relief must feel great. :)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

iannis

Musty Nester
You've always got to remember: You are paying these people good money to be paranoid.

Everything looks like cancer to an oncologist.

Sometimes they happen to be right. It's the kind of thing that you want to be wrong about.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
You can also now claim to have mutant boobs.
Mrs. Gravy...known for her winning ways, gallows humor and fine ass now has mutant boobs! She's a catch!

Good god, I hope this doc has a sense of humor. I also hope that I don't have to have a lot of tissue excised...and that I get good prescription drugs.

• 2Solidarity

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
When it comes to medical shit sometimes you've just got to laugh. Otherwise you will go insane or murder someone or both.

• 3Solidarity

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Anyone here have any experience using marijuana (medical or otherwise) for treating anxiety? It's for my wife, not me, she's on some pretty serious medications for anxiety and has recently become open to the idea of trying some other solution. The one she brought up to me was marijuana. It's not legal in Virginia yet, right now we're just looking at it. The side effects from my wife's current medication are not great, I would really like for her to be able to do something else. But a cursory google search only confuses me, talking about how people often successfully treat anxiety with marijuana but also talks about how marijuana can worsen anxiety symptoms.

Oldbased

> Than U
Anyone here have any experience using marijuana (medical or otherwise) for treating anxiety? It's for my wife, not me, she's on some pretty serious medications for anxiety and has recently become open to the idea of trying some other solution. The one she brought up to me was marijuana. It's not legal in Virginia yet, right now we're just looking at it. The side effects from my wife's current medication are not great, I would really like for her to be able to do something else. But a cursory google search only confuses me, talking about how people often successfully treat anxiety with marijuana but also talks about how marijuana can worsen anxiety symptoms.
No but I'd love to get some for Shelly. Between her MS and anxiety I feel it might benefit her. I wish there was a closer state than Colorado. In KY it is a misdemeanor for less than 8oz and CBD is legal. I guess that would be the first thing she should try. I need to look up who can prescribe that, I would assume her neurologist may be able to. Legality of cannabis by U.S. jurisdiction - Wikipedia Start there and see if any state is close and take a weekender!