Health Problems

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
yeah it could of been worded better but was typing on my phone. I work from home and go on a 30 minute walk every 3 hours. Also i never sit to long cause i just walk back and forth from my computer replying to emails and playing injustice 2 :p

I hated typing on my phone. Then a buggy android update put the kabosh on the whole thing for me by placing a pause between every keystroke, with the keyboard animation itself lagging along with it. Its like God knew what I was asking for.

They thought I'd come running for a new phone, guess who's wrong.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
I've just shat out at least 4 pints of blood without noticing, just thought that my black sludgy shit this week was down to a poor diet.

Collapsed at home, rested for a day assuming I'd lost my balance due to ear infection (thanks google), then nearly collapsed at work with everyone saying "you look pale!".

4 pints of blood transfusion later and im feeling great but I can't move because while the bleed has now stopped, doctors don't know where it was or if it could open again.

Free NHS treatment has been great but now I need to wait until early next week for a colonoscopy since its basically rationed and im not urgent anymore. They can't let me go home just incase I reopen whatever injury is.

So... I've either torn something through physical stress (carried 50 highschool math books home to mark), got an ulser from work/life stresses or got bowel cancer...

• 1Solidarity

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Eyesight seems better today. I actually think my phone cause it
are you at least ergonomic with your computer desk?

what size is your monitor at what resolution and txt size?

if you don't even know this offhand, then learn to play with those settings, hell just increasing it simply by holding down ctrl and mouse scroll might help.

physicaly, the recommended distance from face to monitor is your arm extended with fist, and your eyes should be directly in the middle of the screen.

if not, adjust seat height, stack some books underneath monitor or get a monitor arm amazon has a good stripped down ergotron

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Wanted to add, pushing the screen as far away as possible isn't always the best solution for everyone.

Harkening back to what Olebass and I were discussing with dominant eye vs lazy eye, I realized that pushing the screen back made my eye lazy. I created the problem thinking I was doing the right thing by keeping my monitor at maximum range. Makes sure the screen is comfortably within range of BOTH eyes. Do this by covering 1 eye, testing it, cover the other eye, test it. And as mentioned by grumble, breaks every 30mins and talk to your significant other, or if you smoke marijuana I guess look at your dog across the hall and talk to him telepathically.

iannis

Musty Nester
I've just shat out at least 4 pints of blood without noticing, just thought that my black sludgy shit this week was down to a poor diet.

Collapsed at home, rested for a day assuming I'd lost my balance due to ear infection (thanks google), then nearly collapsed at work with everyone saying "you look pale!".

4 pints of blood transfusion later and im feeling great but I can't move because while the bleed has now stopped, doctors don't know where it was or if it could open again.

Free NHS treatment has been great but now I need to wait until early next week for a colonoscopy since its basically rationed and im not urgent anymore. They can't let me go home just incase I reopen whatever injury is.

So... I've either torn something through physical stress (carried 50 highschool math books home to mark), got an ulser from work/life stresses or got bowel cancer...

My guess would be on torn something.

An ulcer probably wouldn't bleed 4 pints out your butt (but sure, it could) and there would be other signs of cancer before the unusual bleeding (usually).

It could be any. But a hernia or muscle tear is a safe bet.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
I just fired up the Da Buddha and I've got 2 dogs laying down 3 feet away. I'll give it a try a little bit later.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
My guess would be on torn something.

An ulcer probably wouldn't bleed 4 pints out your butt (but sure, it could) and there would be other signs of cancer before the unusual bleeding (usually).

It could be any. But a hernia or muscle tear is a safe bet.
Thanks, turns out I didn't nessesarily lose that many pints but I've now had x5 225ml transfusions of red blood cells, was my haemoglobin levels bring half what they should be. So I did lose a lot.

My girlfriend points out they would have probably seen cancer in my bloods, so some sort of tear in my bowels or intestines looks likely. Throat camera says my stomach is fine so just waiting days for the ass camera...

• 1Solidarity

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Got MRI results back today, took an act of congress. Talked to the radiologist that read the MRI, issue was with doctor/hospital that ordered it not where I had it done. No new lesions, some more old lesions are resolving. He made a note that I have a massive sinus infection, told the doctor that two weeks ago and he said not really.

Now I'm going to east some gumbo.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Thanks, turns out I didn't nessesarily lose that many pints but I've now had x5 225ml transfusions of red blood cells, was my haemoglobin levels bring half what they should be. So I did lose a lot.

My girlfriend points out they would have probably seen cancer in my bloods, so some sort of tear in my bowels or intestines looks likely. Throat camera says my stomach is fine so just waiting days for the ass camera...

They won't see cancer in your blood, unless the cancer has spread to your bloodstream, in which case you'd be fucked. You only find cancer in its origin location unless it's metastasized. Tear is certainly possible, but since you said the blood was black and tarry, it's coming from your upper digestive track or esophagus.

• 1Like

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider

Do you know exactly what your hemoglobin was? "Half what it should be" is basically our threshold for transfusion (7)... I'm curious if you received 4 units were you actually more like a 3-4 in which case WTF. Wombat is right that tarry stools tend to be upper GI but there is a lot of overlap tbh. Also, how old are you?

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
I'm 30.

They said my haemoglobin was about 60 and should be 150 for an adult male my size, though some people have naturally lower counts? It's at 90 now. I think they use different units here but sounds like divide by 10 for US units.

I had 5 transfusions but they said it wasn't going up like it should, each transfusions should have increased it by at least 10 but for me it was 2-3.

They put cameras in both ends and found nothing, so must have been in the middle somewhere (small intestine?), I'm out of hospital now but they have more tests to do...

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
got good news at the doctor today. my last PET scan shows no signs of cancer! we still have to keep an eye on things for the next few years to make sure it stays that way, but it sounds like i might finally be out of the woods! after almost two years of fighting!

• 9Solidarity
  • 3Like
Reactions: 11 users

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Getting worried about my health again - been a weird couple of days.... getting a headache in my right temple along with nausea and fatigue + lots of twitching/muscle weakness/pain on my left side (was just shoulder yesterday, basically full left side today as it's progressed). Also getting lots of illogical paranoia creeping into my thoughts, I'm still logicking my way away from the paranoia, but.... all this stuff starting to manifest over two days really has me starting to get concerned. Especially the paranoia - never been this paranoid for this long, makes me feel like something physical happening that's influencing my thinking some.

Hopefully it's just stupid mindless worry and I just need an adjustment on my anxiety meds - but still..... weird couple days.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
got good news at the doctor today. my last PET scan shows no signs of cancer! we still have to keep an eye on things for the next few years to make sure it stays that way, but it sounds like i might finally be out of the woods! after almost two years of fighting!
FUCK YEAH! Grats!

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
Getting worried about my health again - been a weird couple of days.... getting a headache in my right temple along with nausea and fatigue + lots of twitching/muscle weakness/pain on my left side (was just shoulder yesterday, basically full left side today as it's progressed). Also getting lots of illogical paranoia creeping into my thoughts, I'm still logicking my way away from the paranoia, but.... all this stuff starting to manifest over two days really has me starting to get concerned. Especially the paranoia - never been this paranoid for this long, makes me feel like something physical happening that's influencing my thinking some.

Hopefully it's just stupid mindless worry and I just need an adjustment on my anxiety meds - but still..... weird couple days.

Are you sleeping properly? Sleep apnea can cause all sorts of strange things to happen both mentally and physically.

Vaclav

Are you sleeping properly? Sleep apnea can cause all sorts of strange things to happen both mentally and physically.

Don't have sleep apnea unless my woman is sleeping through the gasping.

But did have disrupted sleep Sunday/Monday though only about 5 hrs according to my fitness tracker thing.

Last night I couldn't taste sweet either. Not really getting up yet currently though, headache seems gone, still achy on left side and some "coldish" stuff starting from this move to the man cave to hibernate some more.

Vaclav

May have just been shitty rest, besides some cold stuff and lingering aching on the left side feeling fine now that I'm moving today.

iannis

Musty Nester
Yeah, that's really odd.

Paranoia is an odd one. Thinking that you're being paranoid is, in itself, a paranoid thought.