Health Problems

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I had him in the bed because he was 4 days post-op prostatectomy with me being suspicious of him going towards septic (I even placed a 16g IV fearing he may downward spiral) -- his wound was draining a TON of purulent fluids. I had to place a foley catheter in him because he still couldn't pee.

So yeah, it was about 4 super absorbent pads. Two under him, and two blocking it from shooting everywhere. Well, and one additional pad on the floor just in case.

Guy had immediate relief after it was done.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
My PA niece still has nightmares about Code Browns. And she hates old people now and is working in a pediatric surgical group now that she finished up school.

I could never deal with that. If my Mom ever gets that bad I will just install a drain in the room and hose her down.

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Head and spine MRI with and without contrast in a few hours. First one I've had I've been nervous about. Sucks.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
So I wear glasses (1.25, astig in left eye). Also t2 diabetic. This week I've been having severe vision problems. Mostly blurry and sometimes double vision. At first I thought it was the betes but my sugar was ok. Today work was bad, I sit in front of a monitor all day. Anyways, I basically sat in a chair for an hour when I got home and rested my eyes. Viola I can see again.

It seems when I use my phone or a PC my eyes start to degrade like the aforementioned symptoms.

So. What can I do? Obviously taking breaks work, but not really an option all the time.

Should I turn down brightness? Sit further away?

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
So I wear glasses (1.25, astig in left eye). Also t2 diabetic. This week I've been having severe vision problems. Mostly blurry and sometimes double vision. At first I thought it was the betes but my sugar was ok. Today work was bad, I sit in front of a monitor all day. Anyways, I basically sat in a chair for an hour when I got home and rested my eyes. Viola I can see again.

It seems when I use my phone or a PC my eyes start to degrade like the aforementioned symptoms.

So. What can I do? Obviously taking breaks work, but not really an option all the time.

you have to make a habit of resting and getting up from your desk for 10 minutes an hour. it helps alot

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

When will you get results?

Not sure, they had my last spine MRI on hand but the head was done elsewhere so they're getting that. It's just a comparison to earlier ones/baseline.

Laying motionless on a flat ass table for 2 hours really not all that fun. Private care hospital is the way to go tho. You get an attendant all the time, the MRI tech sites in his room with a glass wall between you and him. They have a mirror (or really just a reflective deal) you can see down the MRI and right at the glass wall. The attendant sits in the room with you reading or whatever the whole time. I didn't need anything and not MRI phobic like a lot of people, I've worked in tighter spots but was nice/odd.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Borzak

I alwasy get up and walk out to the shop for 5 minutes every other hour or so. Let's you refocus on something else and can see forever to the intracoastal out the back of it so change from looking at a monitor. Helped me.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
you have to make a habit of resting and getting up from your desk for 10 minutes an hour. it helps alot

Religion, not habit.

For two reasons. 1) it's important, it keeps your stroke risk low and 2) it takes religious-like zeal to actually make this happen consistently. Especially with smartphones, we are now used to a steady dopamine feed. Marathon screen time is only getting harder and harder to pull away from.

Most of us were/are marathon gamers at one point. "Habit" is like playing a prank about the whole thing.

• 1Solidarity

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
The attendant sits in the room with you reading or whatever the whole time. I didn't need anything and not MRI phobic like a lot of people, I've worked in tighter spots but was nice/odd.

Wait, what? There's an attendant in the room with you? Lol.

iannis

Musty Nester
That's what cnas are for.

I know there are room sitters in hospitals around here sometimes. May be too populous in San Fran to be able to swing it.

Its usually either na's or training rn's in their clinicals.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Religion, not habit.

For two reasons. 1) it's important, it keeps your stroke risk low and 2) it takes religious-like zeal to actually make this happen consistently. Especially with smartphones, we are now used to a steady dopamine feed. Marathon screen time is only getting harder and harder to pull away from.

Most of us were/are marathon gamers at one point. "Habit" is like playing a prank about the whole thing.

yeah it could of been worded better but was typing on my phone. I work from home and go on a 30 minute walk every 3 hours. Also i never sit to long cause i just walk back and forth from my computer replying to emails and playing injustice 2 :p

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
That's what cnas are for.

I know there are room sitters in hospitals around here sometimes. May be too populous in San Fran to be able to swing it.

Its usually either na's or training rn's in their clinicals.

No, we have 1:1 sitters for specific patients. But, you won't have someone in the MRI room (or XR, or CT) due to radiation exposure. That's why I was shocked to hear about an attendant being in the actual ROOM itself. ;o

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
No, we have 1:1 sitters for specific patients. But, you won't have someone in the MRI room (or XR, or CT) due to radiation exposure. That's why I was shocked to hear about an attendant being in the actual ROOM itself. ;o
There's no radiation involved in MRI, so I don't see the problem, but it'd suck to wait there and only have printed stuff avaiable.

Borzak

Wait, what? There's an attendant in the room with you? Lol.

Yeah, new one on me as well. Just there to answer any questions or go get whatever you need. I can't imagine sitting beside a MRI machine going for 2 hours. I'm not sure if she put on ear plugs as well.

It's just an outpatient hospital that some of the other clinics,doctor groups contract with to do some stuff. It's not a walk into the ER or anything type hospital. My mom waited in the waiting room and was the only person in the lobby for 2 hours. Parking lot was pretty full tho.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
There's no radiation involved in MRI, so I don't see the problem, but it'd suck to wait there and only have printed stuff avaiable.

If you have a Prince Charles and stay at just the right distance it's like an invisible tug job?