Health Problems

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Did they not offer you Testim, Androgel, or any others that you can simply put on your back?

edit: Also, how often do you masturbate? Legitimate question.

Pelleting allows more consistent dosing with typically better results.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I would imagine so since you're keeping a foreign body inside you to release testosterone over a longer time as opposed to once every morning when testosterone is mostly released.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Not sure about the US but here they used to have it in patch form - same even distribution as the pellets, but without having anything injected into you.

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Not sure about the US but here they used to have it in patch form - same even distribution as the pellets, but without having anything injected into you.

Transdermal distribution rates are highly variable and you obviously have to avoid direct contact with women or children.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
They're being really stingy with the pain meds, because they don't want me to get too constipated.

They took the dressing off my incision so it can breathe. First chance to count the staples -- 32 of them, along the entire bottom left side of my rib cage.

Finally home from the hospital today. Got a picture of my incision if anyone is curious:

IMG_20180302_203201287.jpg

The lower holes are where they started laparoscopically before they had to open me up.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So, got my testosterone tested last week. Went to urologist today. His assistant said I had the levels of a normal 95 year old. Then she touched my junk. Now I need to get an MRI done and when I go in again we can start talking butt pellets. Thanks Synj Synj ! Thanks Kuriin Kuriin !

Don't be a pussy. Estered testosterone is the gold standard for a reason there's even a 30 day ester in Europe if you're ultra shook. 1 pin every 10 days is fucking nothing though and if you're somewhat lean a 25g 5/8" is less than nothing. At least seriously look into it you'll be surprised how carefree it really is once you learn the sites and protocol.

After 10+ years I have no issues with scar tissue rotating every other week E7D.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Did they not offer you Testim, Androgel, or any others that you can simply put on your back?

edit: Also, how often do you masturbate? Legitimate question.

I don't want gels, as I wouldn't use them. And once a week or less these days.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Erm, pharmakos, you can advocate for your pain medication. Obviously for any surgical patient, they are going to try their best to avoid narcotics and stick with IV Tylenol initially. There's a national shortage of Dilaudid right now, so I don't know what you were receiving (with a scar like that, hopefully PCA of Bupivicaine/Dilaudid or Morphine) for the pain.

Looking good, though. Make sure to brace your coughs with a pillow.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Feeling fucking horrible since my surgery. I swear it's complications from the surgery, but my doctor claims it's the flu. Sure doesn't feel like the flu, tho I understand why it would outwardly look like it. Vomiting, nausea, chills, no fever. Can't hold food down.

Was told today that it's not my oncologist's problem, tho, and to see my primary care doctor.

So fucking tired of feeling awful all the time.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
So fucking tired of feeling awful all the time.

Maybe you should stop listening to retards then? I feel great every single day. Never take any medications whatsoever, not even tylenol. I also haven't been sick in at least 10 years. No vaccinations, no nothing. Literally haven't even been to a doctor since I was 17 and I'm 35 now. Maybe stop treating your body like shit and then going to a bunch of scam artist morons to heal you.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Hey Kuriin Kuriin , got my followup this week for the butt pellets. Is that something they will do right there, or do you think I have to do yet another stupid followup?

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
2 Things,

Any good way to briefly lower heart rate when mildly working out? Physical for work, new provider. Never had issues before but they failed me on the treadmill. 3mph 3minutes 3% incline, 3 minutes 7% incline. Apparently my heart rate was too high. A lot I feel was just testing anxiety (hate the pushups that were coming), and then didnt help I was chatting with the guy some since in previous ones I felt like they even purposely chatted me up and I was sure out of breath from hiking + having a conversation. First place may have half assed it, or this place picky I don't know. My rate was figured by some mix of my age and I kinda suspect my resting heart rate when I first came in and they tested it. (Which came super low as well as my blood pressure because I practically was napping, like 93/62?) Guess I got a 8 on the test when I needed a 9 or vice versa?

Really aggravating because guy was pushing me to breath like deep when I felt fine and not winded at all. I coulda gotten off that treadmill and shot qual just fine. Telling me to breath deep etc just lead me to getting wound up more and felt like heart rate just jumped when I was trying to breath faster than I felt the need for.

So I'm out of work until I pass this test. Ran again today and had ran a few times in the 2 week lead up to tests but had been focused on the pushups which are more of an issue. Test is tommorow 8am...... any advice other than chill the fuck out, just drink water and do it on an empty stomache? Thought about taking a shot but figure any depressive effect might be countered by it making things harder and ergo higher BPM.

On the T hormone stuff, aside from the BIOTE medical that Synj was pushing. (Leary of them just based on their scammy sounding radio commercials) Any other resources about what/where I should go to look into getting a T test done not by someone interested in selling me stuff? Also besides pellets, maybe from just this last page, self injections is an option? Maybe cheaper? My biggest thing is unless I'm actually super low, I'm nervous about what a few posters in another thread said about once I do it, stuck on it forever etc. I'm interested because while a lot of my problems I know is my laziness, even when I was more fit back in the army and how I feel now, some of the symptoms seem to fit maybe having an issue.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Pelleting allows more consistent dosing with typically better results.

I can attest to this. I was diagnosed as hypogonadal around 2 years ago after years of struggling with fertility issues (turns out there were issues on both sides of the fence). I clocked in on two T tests at 101 and 93. First was done by a clinic, second I had my Dr do so I could get the "person not trying to sell me something" opinion. I had three options :
  • Gel under arms... Stink and staining shirts made this a big ol NOPE
  • Shots 1-2 times a week, intramuscular. That last word made that a big ol NOPE as in case you didn't know injections of oils into muscle mass hurt like hell. (Lesson learned from my wife screaming profanity I didn't know she knew at me during IVF)
  • Pellets once about every 6 months. More consistent dosing, no downtime other than a slightly sore injection point for around 3 days, and the T level of a 23 year old.
I can't explain how much better I felt after it. Slept better, no waking up to pee at night, more energy, much better results from my workouts. Without going into details you don't want to know from a guy about to turn 50, yes other areas benefited as well. It made me believe in better living through chemistry.

Although one time they dosed me wrong and I was around a 1500 for a month. No real adverse side effects. Other than one co-worker noting that I seemed "Feistier" than normal.. whatever that meant.

Sludig Sludig , My treatments cost me around $700 every 6 months. I'm still wrestling with insurance over it since they will pay for the gels or shots for me, but don't want to pay for this. Even though it ends up costing less than the shots. I did BioTE for my first 2 rounds and they worked fine, I switched to a different provider and pellet, and haven't noticed a difference. As for testing, what I would recommend is to go see your normal Dr and tell them you're feeling run down, you hear the commercials about the T stuff, but want a real Dr's opinion. That should cajole their ego enough to run a comprehensive blood panel with a T check.

I hope it works as well for you as it has for me, it's easily worth the massaging of the budget to tuck away the spare $115 or so a month.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
2 Things,

Any good way to briefly lower heart rate when mildly working out? Physical for work, new provider. Never had issues before but they failed me on the treadmill. 3mph 3minutes 3% incline, 3 minutes 7% incline. Apparently my heart rate was too high. A lot I feel was just testing anxiety (hate the pushups that were coming), and then didnt help I was chatting with the guy some since in previous ones I felt like they even purposely chatted me up and I was sure out of breath from hiking + having a conversation. First place may have half assed it, or this place picky I don't know. My rate was figured by some mix of my age and I kinda suspect my resting heart rate when I first came in and they tested it. (Which came super low as well as my blood pressure because I practically was napping, like 93/62?) Guess I got a 8 on the test when I needed a 9 or vice versa?

Really aggravating because guy was pushing me to breath like deep when I felt fine and not winded at all. I coulda gotten off that treadmill and shot qual just fine. Telling me to breath deep etc just lead me to getting wound up more and felt like heart rate just jumped when I was trying to breath faster than I felt the need for.

So I'm out of work until I pass this test. Ran again today and had ran a few times in the 2 week lead up to tests but had been focused on the pushups which are more of an issue. Test is tommorow 8am...... any advice other than chill the fuck out, just drink water and do it on an empty stomache? Thought about taking a shot but figure any depressive effect might be countered by it making things harder and ergo higher BPM.

On the T hormone stuff, aside from the BIOTE medical that Synj was pushing. (Leary of them just based on their scammy sounding radio commercials) Any other resources about what/where I should go to look into getting a T test done not by someone interested in selling me stuff? Also besides pellets, maybe from just this last page, self injections is an option? Maybe cheaper? My biggest thing is unless I'm actually super low, I'm nervous about what a few posters in another thread said about once I do it, stuck on it forever etc. I'm interested because while a lot of my problems I know is my laziness, even when I was more fit back in the army and how I feel now, some of the symptoms seem to fit maybe having an issue.

I was answering questions about something that I happen to be familiar with. I don't make any money from BioTE.

Of course they're in it to make money. And Crestor made $21B in 10 years. I can promise you I'd recommend testosterone over statin drugs 9 times out of 10 and feel 100% justified doing so.

Sludig

I was answering questions about something that I happen to be familiar with. I don't make any money from BioTE.

Of course they're in it to make money. And Crestor made $21B in 10 years. I can promise you I'd recommend testosterone over statin drugs 9 times out of 10 and feel 100% justified doing so.
I wasnt implying you make money. I was implying if i went into them they would be pre disposed to wanting to sell me on it.

Sludig

Ok really pissed. Retest technically scored a little worse. And i don't get it. Heart rate is like 150 at end of tread mill. They say i need about 140. Some scale that ends in just a number range. Not sure if a higher starting resting heart rate is better so the jump working is smaller vs a smaller starting resting just as a overall better healthy #.

What's aggravating is im 6'1 195lb. We have a few 400lb guys that have passed that working with them i see sweating waking down a hall. Feels like they have to be cheating it with heart pills or something. EDIT: Supervision basically confirmed they do... sweet.

So aside from finding a beta blocker and hoping it does't kill me, what about valium or a hydrocodone. Have some leftover from my surgery. I test again next friday and I'm out of work in the meantime. So going to run/jog the small hills nearby or and do the stairs in my house, maybe broken up with pushups etc just to keep heart rate up while saving on my already shin splinting legs.

Any other idea's to get me that 5% improvement to pass the test. I intend to continue working on my fitness after. I had started even before I knew physical was coming, shame it hadn't been a little sooner.

Last edited:

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
I can’t be sure but you seem to be describing a treadmill stress test which generally wants you to attain 85% of your max heart rate. Iirc max heart rate is usually estimated at 200 - age and your initial heart rate really doesn’t factor in.

I would seriously talk to your doctor if you’re seriously considering taking a beta blocker or some other medication to “cheat” the test as I could envision a scenario where you fail it in spectacular fashion and are not allowed to even try it again :p.

A5150Ylee

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ok really pissed. Retest technically scored a little worse. And i don't get it. Heart rate is like 150 at end of tread mill. They say i need about 140. Some scale that ends in just a number range. Not sure if a higher starting resting heart rate is better so the jump working is smaller vs a smaller starting resting just as a overall better healthy #.

What's aggravating is im 6'1 195lb. We have a few 400lb guys that have passed that working with them i see sweating waking down a hall. Feels like they have to be cheating it with heart pills or something. EDIT: Supervision basically confirmed they do... sweet.

So aside from finding a beta blocker and hoping it does't kill me, what about valium or a hydrocodone. Have some leftover from my surgery. I test again next friday and I'm out of work in the meantime. So going to run/jog the small hills nearby or and do the stairs in my house, maybe broken up with pushups etc just to keep heart rate up while saving on my already shin splinting legs.

Any other idea's to get me that 5% improvement to pass the test. I intend to continue working on my fitness after. I had started even before I knew physical was coming, shame it hadn't been a little sooner.

To lower your heart rate, you need to breath deep. A fast heart rate is the body's response to get oxygen everywhere. When you have been running, the body is reacting to catch up to the lack of it. When you get scared, it's the body's proactive response to get you ready for a longer fight or flight time. I can generally slow my heart rate about 10-15 bpm by consciously breathing deep and slow. It freaks out the nurses when they are doing heart rate and blood pressure.

So the trick is oxygen. Start trying to hyperventilate before the test, and keep breathing deep during the stress even if "you don't need to". When I do any cardio, if I make an effort to keep breathing deep even if it's not needed, my heart rate is at a resting rate within minutes of me finishing. It's a matter of getting a jump on the oxygen and not waiting for your body to reactively try to catch up.

Good luck. A shot before might help if it can give you the 'don't give a fuck' attitude to help with stress about the test.

EDIT: If you want to see the effect, get some kind of digital BPM device, and change your breathing to see the impact it can have.