Health Problems

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Synj Synj The day has finally come. I joined Team Butt Pellet this morning.

Fuck yes!

I just got my second round about a week and a half, feeling great!

Towards the end of that 5-6 month window, I swear you can start to feel 'different'.

Most people report a 'boost' the first time. You may not get that level of energy the second round but I can definitely attest to better workouts, less stiffness, less fatigue, better erections, better libido.

I've lost about 25-30 pounds depending on the day and I've cut my BF from 22% to about 15%. That's big. Much, much less visceral fat around the belly.

I do Orange Theory 3 times a week and approximately 1500-1700 calorie daily diet. My recovery feels much better than before and I'm less stiff in the mornings. I also sense a better motivation to actually go and workout as well as other tasks I used to put off because I was so tired all the fucking time.

Chicken and the egg but is it the pellets or the working out/weight loss? Yes.

I hope you have great results man. Even if it just makes you less fatigued I call that a win.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
You guys send him with some nitro, right? Haha. A BP of that needs a nitro drip. Damn. Must've had some serious occlusion.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
You guys send him with some nitro, right? Haha. A BP of that needs a nitro drip. Damn. Must've had some serious occlusion.

Bro we don’t run IVs in UC anymore.

EMS got a line in him and I think they started him on nitro.

It’s all about the Yelp reviews now, in and out.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Is it dark/black stools or is it bright red? If it's a lot and it's been happening for the last month, then yeah, I would be quite unhappy as well. Reminds me of a patient we JUST had who had chest pain in the gym and decided to go home and Google search the symptoms. Finally decided to come to the ER.

Yeah...he dropped dead in our waiting room. Complete cardiac arrest.

Quit procrastinating you fuckers.

Some years back I had two bouts of moderate abdominal pain in about a month and a half or two month period, didn't go to the doctor. Came back again a couple weeks later except this time it was distinctly on the right side so I went to convenient care, who pretty much said 'nope emergency room' as soon as I said abdominal pain, and within a couple hours I was sans appendix. Not sure if I dodged a bullet the first two flare-ups, or if it just wasn't inflamed as much until the third time.

Incidentally, I still wouldn't describe it as anything worse than moderate pain. The guy on the other side of the curtain who wouldn't stop making noise about his kidney stones was way more annoying than the pain was, and the IV slipping and pumping fluids straight into my arm for like 15-20 minutes hurt a helluva lot more than the appendicitis as well.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Fuck yes!

I just got my second round about a week and a half, feeling great!

Towards the end of that 5-6 month window, I swear you can start to feel 'different'.

Most people report a 'boost' the first time. You may not get that level of energy the second round but I can definitely attest to better workouts, less stiffness, less fatigue, better erections, better libido.

I've lost about 25-30 pounds depending on the day and I've cut my BF from 22% to about 15%. That's big. Much, much less visceral fat around the belly.

I do Orange Theory 3 times a week and approximately 1500-1700 calorie daily diet. My recovery feels much better than before and I'm less stiff in the mornings. I also sense a better motivation to actually go and workout as well as other tasks I used to put off because I was so tired all the fucking time.

Chicken and the egg but is it the pellets or the working out/weight loss? Yes.

I hope you have great results man. Even if it just makes you less fatigued I call that a win.

Thanks! I originally wanted it for the workout stuff, but all the other good things pretty much made it a no brainer. Place I went to only does the 3 month stuff for the times I can go in. Since I am going to be at out of pocket cap every year anyways, no big whoop.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Some years back I had two bouts of moderate abdominal pain in about a month and a half or two month period, didn't go to the doctor. Came back again a couple weeks later except this time it was distinctly on the right side so I went to convenient care, who pretty much said 'nope emergency room' as soon as I said abdominal pain, and within a couple hours I was sans appendix. Not sure if I dodged a bullet the first two flare-ups, or if it just wasn't inflamed as much until the third time.

Incidentally, I still wouldn't describe it as anything worse than moderate pain. The guy on the other side of the curtain who wouldn't stop making noise about his kidney stones was way more annoying than the pain was, and the IV slipping and pumping fluids straight into my arm for like 15-20 minutes hurt a helluva lot more than the appendicitis as well.
I did not know it but you can naturally get better from appendicitis. I had the same experience as you where mine went away and came back.

Having had kidney stones as well they are 100x worse. I threw up in the bushes outside the door at urgent care and almost passed out at the counter before they got a morphine drip into me.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I did not know it but you can naturally get better from appendicitis. I had the same experience as you where mine went away and came back.

Having had kidney stones as well they are 100x worse. I threw up in the bushes outside the door at urgent care and almost passed out at the counter before they got a morphine drip into me.

Oh I'm well aware that kidney stones are horrifically painful, I was just pretty low on empathy at the time.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
S IV slipping and pumping fluids straight into my arm for like 15-20 minutes hurt a helluva lot more than the appendicitis as well.

The only time IV fluids should hurt is if it's a vesicant (chemo, electrolytes, etc.) or if your IV is infiltrated. Otherwise, you should really never feel the fluids going inside you.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The only time IV fluids should hurt is if it's a vesicant (chemo, electrolytes, etc.) or if your IV is infiltrated. Otherwise, you should really never feel the fluids going inside you.

Yeah it was the first and only time I've ever been on an IV so I didn't realize something was wrong at first. The nurse came back and noticed the enormous bulge in my upper arm before I could say anything about the pain lol

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Yeah we don't have that either lol!

Oh Mylanta. I have sublingual NG and just bought non-enteric coated aspirin to have just in case. There's an article around the internet of an Australian nurse cannulating himself with 2 18g IVs and giving himself Aspirin, Heparin, and Plavix, in addition to doing a 12 lead EKG. He had occlusions in multiple coronaries.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
While we are talking heart stuff.

Had a echo. Don't have my dad's bicuspid valve or anything else they could see, but I still had that whole shooting up to 150-170 on a mere 7% fast walk incline treadmill test for work. I originally did it at about 145-150 and got worse on retests I'm sure due to anxiety. I'm not looking forward to my first polygraph with my testing anxiety. I ended up with 50mg of atenolol and this time taking 2 pills per dr rec of buspirone that I was on for a few days to make sure it was built up a bit.

Did mostly 125-130 ending at like 136 heart rate at the end of the short test. A pass, but the Doctor was kinda suprised and thought under 50mg of the atenolol I should have been much lower than just 20 some beats from my usual rate. My BP was certainly lower, and my resting pre test was like 62 vs normally 75-80 at the facility.

In the last week or two I've been going back to more conventional running 1.5 miles since I no longer am trying to train for just the incline walk. I was having some tightness and chest pain I noticed running, and it wasn't like I was super out of breath sucking wind when I would normally expect it. Treadmill at gym had me at or near max 180-185 bpm after several minutes into a 15minute mile and a half. (6mph) It's been better and seems less of an issue if I take an aspirin and well hydrated before hand. When I first had the issue, I also had some ... odd feelings I can't quite describe but that's passed.

So still considering doing a stress test etc. With future jobs the 1.5 mile run just being a starting point before academy I need to make sure I can actually engage in cardio without dying.

Oldbased

> Than U
While we are talking heart stuff.

Had a echo. Don't have my dad's bicuspid valve or anything else they could see, but I still had that whole shooting up to 150-170 on a mere 7% fast walk incline treadmill test for work. I originally did it at about 145-150 and got worse on retests I'm sure due to anxiety. I'm not looking forward to my first polygraph with my testing anxiety. I ended up with 50mg of atenolol and this time taking 2 pills per dr rec of buspirone that I was on for a few days to make sure it was built up a bit.

Did mostly 125-130 ending at like 136 heart rate at the end of the short test. A pass, but the Doctor was kinda suprised and thought under 50mg of the atenolol I should have been much lower than just 20 some beats from my usual rate. My BP was certainly lower, and my resting pre test was like 62 vs normally 75-80 at the facility.

In the last week or two I've been going back to more conventional running 1.5 miles since I no longer am trying to train for just the incline walk. I was having some tightness and chest pain I noticed running, and it wasn't like I was super out of breath sucking wind when I would normally expect it. Treadmill at gym had me at or near max 180-185 bpm after several minutes into a 15minute mile and a half. (6mph) It's been better and seems less of an issue if I take an aspirin and well hydrated before hand. When I first had the issue, I also had some ... odd feelings I can't quite describe but that's passed.

So still considering doing a stress test etc. With future jobs the 1.5 mile run just being a starting point before academy I need to make sure I can actually engage in cardio without dying.
I've been wearing a LifeWatch kit a few weeks now, you should look into that too. Basically it is a computer that goes over the heart and communicates via a cellphone they give you 24/7 in realtime. You can also manually add events to look at by hitting a button on the cell phone. Every 5-7 days you pull out the chip, remove the device glued to your chest, put the chip in a new one and slap it back on.
I had my last echo last week but I won't know the results of that until later this month when they review the month of lifewatch and I get my exercise cardiac perfusion imaging done.
They should already have some good data because I had one of my monthly episodes the other night where I kept waking up and it felt like my heart was stopped and I was short of breath and it went on for hours.

Also found out the hard way recently that if you have rhythm issues and go to the ER after 6pm they keep you overnight and observe, but the next day my cardiologist said if I came during 6am-6pm they will can shock me and I can go back home. Apparently they don't call in the heart doctors in overnight hours for that unless it is an emergency.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I've been wearing a LifeWatch kit a few weeks now, you should look into that too. Basically it is a computer that goes over the heart and communicates via a cellphone they give you 24/7 in realtime. You can also manually add events to look at by hitting a button on the cell phone. Every 5-7 days you pull out the chip, remove the device glued to your chest, put the chip in a new one and slap it back on.
I had my last echo last week but I won't know the results of that until later this month when they review the month of lifewatch and I get my exercise cardiac perfusion imaging done.
They should already have some good data because I had one of my monthly episodes the other night where I kept waking up and it felt like my heart was stopped and I was short of breath and it went on for hours.

Also found out the hard way recently that if you have rhythm issues and go to the ER after 6pm they keep you overnight and observe, but the next day my cardiologist said if I came during 6am-6pm they will can shock me and I can go back home. Apparently they don't call in the heart doctors in overnight hours for that unless it is an emergency.

So schedule your episodes better?

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Heart rate isn't looked at as much a

Bullshit. We only cardiovert rhythms that are unstable. What rhythm were you in? AFib RVR? Vtach? (Yes, we've had patients with elevated creatinine with sine waves and VTach -- asymptomatic). SVT?

Oldbased

> Than U
Heart rate isn't looked at as much a

Bullshit. We only cardiovert rhythms that are unstable. What rhythm were you in? AFib RVR? Vtach? (Yes, we've had patients with elevated creatinine with sine waves and VTach -- asymptomatic). SVT?
What's bullshit about it? I was sweating and I could feel my heart jumping and racing then normal and repeat for hours, it usually lasts minutes tops. They have only caught it doing it a few times, first time in 2015 when I had the embolisms( it has been going on since probably 2013 but I never went to a doctor about it ). I went about midnight and it was gone in a hour, in the morning the cardiologist literally said if I had called when it started which his office was still open, he could shock me straight and I wouldn't have to sleep in the hospital all night.

It is one of the reasons I have been wearing this Biotel cardiac patch and had the echo done and the perfusion imaging being done afterwards later this month. Normally it happens when I am sleeping or when I lay down for bed for the night, but sometimes it occurs in the afternoons or lately after eating and getting more and more common it seems.

Oldbased

> Than U
So schedule your episodes better?
I think it was more a statement about not waiting hours next time if the office is open. I panic'd and went in the middle of the night when it kept happening so next time if it starts in the daytime I know to call his office instead of waiting and getting stuck in a hospital until morning.