Health Problems

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
This is just from my experience, but, people who experience chest pain for months, it doesn't sound like cardiac in nature. It sounds more musculoskeletal than anything.
I forgot to mention, while this was over a period of years, it wasn't really constant...it just came and went seemingly w/o rhyme or reason.

I was pretty out of shape, so I dunno.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I forgot to mention, while this was over a period of years, it wasn't really constant...it just came and went seemingly w/o rhyme or reason.

I was pretty out of shape, so I dunno.

Could've been variable angina. I am assuming they had done stress tests and serial troponins on you, lol.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Kinda just poking my head in here, but regarding sleep issues -

I've always been wild in my sleep. Sleep talking since at least 10 years old, and every girlfriend I've ever had has complained about how "violent" I am when I sleep. Mainly arms I guess, but sometimes feet as well. I think it's usually just from flopping around and catching them with an elbow, but I literally uppercut myself in my sleep twice, when I used to box.

I always assumed that I could never take medication for it, if there was even an option, because I was working as an EMT and couldn't use any of the sleep aid meds while on shift. Now that I'm not doing that anymore, is there something I can check in to? I asked my doctor last year, but she just shrugged it off and said "No, not really. My husband is like that, too."
I was on Ambien for a couple years a while back. Never again. That is one of the worst medications I have ever taken. Once it kicks in you will basically remember nothing. You won't remember any conversations and you'll eat food and not remember doing it at all. I lost track of how many arguments that shit got my wife and I into. I cold turkey stopped that shit once enough was enough.
Get some pot. That'll help you sleep no problem. :p

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
I was on Ambien for a couple years a while back. Never again. That is one of the worst medications I have ever taken. Once it kicks in you will basically remember nothing. You won't remember any conversations and you'll eat food and not remember doing it at all. I lost track of how many arguments that shit got my wife and I into. I cold turkey stopped that shit once enough was enough.
Before I started on my CPAP my doctor in the states prescribed me this wonderdrug called Ambien. First night I took it there were no immediate problems, the second night I got up and cooked 2 weeks worth of lunch and dinner meals, and packed them into containers that were all perfectly weighed to within like .5g and stacked neatly in my refrigerator. The really scary part is that I had none of this food or these containers in the house when I went to sleep and have never owned a food scale.

Turns out the first night I bought over 1k USD worth of shit on steam. The walrus is not your friend. Never again will I take that shit.

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I dont have issues sleeping....I'm out cold and sleep like a rock. I just flip around all night. Wouldn't ever know it myself.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

sublimenerdery

Trakanon Raider
I have a genetic heart disease called hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Basically some areas of muscle in the heart start thickening without cause. I'm kind of a rare case in that I have major thickening, but my outflow is not obstructed. The worst symptom I've felt is PVCs (palpitations...thousands some days) but no fainting or shortness of breath like many with this condition have. I also had a short run of a dangerous arrhythmia picked up on a monitor once, so in February I had an ICD implanted. I'm just now starting to get a sense of normalcy back...trying to do the things I used to love, like biking. I can't exert myself too much, cardiologist said I ought to have enough wind to carry on a conversation at all times as a measure. Some things are off the table, like weight lifting, which is fine. The mental and emotional journey has been interesting. I noticed my self image has started to come back around from 'sick guy' to the other things I used to identify as. Another super bummer is my kids could inherit it from me, so that's no fun thinking about.

• 1Like

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
Synj Synj so someone in the Politics thread said last week that if one does the T butt pellet thing, that when you go off of it, your production will be lower than it otherwise would have been. Is this true? Does it matter if you can stay on butt pellets for the rest of your life?

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Synj Synj so someone in the Politics thread said last week that if one does the T butt pellet thing, that when you go off of it, your production will be lower than it otherwise would have been. Is this true? Does it matter if you can stay on butt pellets for the rest of your life?

Yes, exogenous (outside) testosterone will inhibit endogenous (inside) production of testosterone. In cases where men are looking to be pelleted, they already have suboptimal production, so who cares? They weren't making enough to begin with and they are symptomatic. There is already a natural decline occurring as well. Someone on therapy might have had T levels in the 300s, 900 with therapy, and then 200 post therapy. Was it the T or was it their natural aging process? Either way they're still suboptimal and will likely experience symptoms.

The more likely result is that your endogenous T levels will return to their normal (for you) levels after a period of time.

That being said, if you start T, you should expect to be on T for life unless you are okay going back to being symptomatic at your pre-treatment levels.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Yes, exogenous (outside) testosterone will inhibit endogenous (inside) production of testosterone. In cases where men are looking to be pelleted, they already have suboptimal production, so who cares? They weren't making enough to begin with and they are symptomatic. There is already a natural decline occurring as well. Someone on therapy might have had T levels in the 300s, 900 with therapy, and then 200 post therapy. Was it the T or was it their natural aging process? Either way they're still suboptimal and will likely experience symptoms.

The more likely result is that your endogenous T levels will return to their normal (for you) levels after a period of time.

That being said, if you start T, you should expect to be on T for life unless you are okay going back to being symptomatic at your pre-treatment levels.

I think the major factor that goes relatively unmentioned when entertaining testosterone therapy is sterilization-- your sperm count is reduced to negligible levels after taking T for a while, and supposedly you're not guaranteed that sperm count will even return to normal after discontinuing TRT, not to mention going off TRT has all sorts of nasty side effects until your natural T-engine kicks back in-- hot flashes, super low energy, etc. So basically it's only really a viable treatment if you don't plan on having any kids and plan on taking it for the rest of your life.

• 1Solidarity

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
I think the major factor that goes relatively unmentioned when entertaining testosterone therapy is sterilization-- your sperm count is reduced to negligible levels after taking T for a while, and supposedly you're not guaranteed that sperm count will even return to normal after discontinuing TRT, not to mention going off TRT has all sorts of nasty side effects until your natural T-engine kicks back in-- hot flashes, super low energy, etc. So basically it's only really a viable treatment if you don't plan on having any kids and plan on taking it for the rest of your life.

This is true. Testosterone will blank your sperm count and it takes about 8 months to get back to normal levels. I always check reproductive age men’s levels before they start so we know they weren’t already low before therapy.

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
Lmao ok.

You do realize how far a clot would have to travel from the left atrium to get to the pulmonary artery? Anticoagulation in AFib is for stroke prevention, end of story. Nobody in the world is calculating a PE risk score in determining who to put on OAC for AFib.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I've been sleeping pretty decent as of late. Decided to skip the SSRI and haven't needed to take any more ativan in about two weeks.

I have chronic costochondritis (or so I've been told) since high school, which gives me on and off again chest pain. I'm always worried that I'll sit on a real cardiac event for too long, but I hopefully could tell the difference. The chest pain I get definitely feels muscular/joint related as I can stretch and sometimes pop my ribs to make it feel better. It feels very close to the surface and usually I can find the area of rib cartilage that is inflamed by just touching it. I went to a chiropractor for a bit but that only seemed to make it worse.
I had chronic chest pain (that I eventually attributed to costochondritis) for about three years. It eventually led to my medical discharge from the army at the ripe age of 24. I’m 33 now, and it comes back for a day or two at a time but only a few times per year, if even that often. What eventually “cured” me was strengthening my core and regular chiropractic adjustments (once per week for a few weeks, then every other week for a couple months, then “as needed” - which is a few times per year, if that). That continuous, inescapable pain took me to dark places in my psyche that I hope I never visit again.

The silver lining from that experience is that I learned how to be empathetic with people who are clearly suffering but the cause of their pain isn’t obvious or even visible. Almost every medical practitioner I saw was either dismissive or insinuated my pain was psychosomatic. That kind of treatment does wonders for someone who already thinks they might be crazy...

• 1Solidarity

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
The hits keep on coming. 4 years ago when all this crap started one Dr. thought I might have had a stroke. So they tested my cholesterol which was fine. Did an ultrasound/sonogram (not sure which it is) on the arteries in my neck, Dr. said it was better than average for my age. So end of that. 2 years ago they checked my cholesterol again, slightly higher. Checked now and it's off the charts high. They ultraounded/sonogrammed my abdomen to check for gall bladder stones since the pain in abdomen is related to that area. Clear again. Now I have irregularities in my liver enzymes. Now I have to go to another gasto Dr. about my gall bladder again. The gall bladder I could see since it impacts cholesterol due to not enough bile breaking down food. The liver I dunno. Drank maybe 3 beers in the last 15 years, Maybe 6 in the last 20, not a drinker at all.

• 1Solidarity

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
How are your bowel movements, pee color, magnesium level, and diet doing? Bitter stimulates bile production (glaabladder), since you don’t drink beer do you drink black coffee?

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
Magnetized wire for cancer detection

Pretty slick. Do a cycle of chemo or radiation, drop the wire after the usual kill time for the chemo agent in question, see if it comes back clean or not.

Or for a tumor resected with curative intent, use this to make sure nothing got out and is attempting to met.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Before I started on my CPAP my doctor in the states prescribed me this wonderdrug called Ambien. First night I took it there were no immediate problems, the second night I got up and cooked 2 weeks worth of lunch and dinner meals, and packed them into containers that were all perfectly weighed to within like .5g and stacked neatly in my refrigerator. The really scary part is that I had none of this food or these containers in the house when I went to sleep and have never owned a food scale.

Turns out the first night I bought over 1k USD worth of shit on steam. The walrus is not your friend. Never again will I take that shit.
where were you when Roseanne needed you!
Why Ambien Didn’t Make Roseanne Tweet Anything

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Sure you'd be correct-- under the poor care of an uneducated or uncooperative TRT doc.

Most doctors aren't worth the paper to wipe your ass and don't even know what FSH is or will try to get you to stop taking TRT and try to restart your HPTA to get your sperm count up. What's wrong with that? What's wrong is its dark ages bullshit propagated by doctors who can't read good.

So after 6 months of adding FSH to my TRT protocol I got a sperm analysis done.
A quick background. My fertility was normal before TRT and went to zero when I started TRT without HCG. Adding HCG 500 IU 2x a week my sperm analysis results were:

sperm count 2.1mm (normal >=20mm)
total sperm 7.2mm (normal >=40mm)

Subfertile with not great chances of getting my wife pregnant.

I tried to increase HCG to 500IU 3x a week but results were basically the same and it didnt make me feel good. So I asked Dr Saya if I could try FSH and he was ok with that. I have been taking 50IU 2x a week (less than the dosage prescribed... long story short my wife got pregnant and miscarried and we decided to hold off on another baby so i decided to use a much lower dosage just to save money and see if it would work).
So after 6 months on TRT with testosterone + HCG (500IU 2x a week) + FSH (50IU 2x a week) my new sperm analysis results are:

sperm count 15mm (normal >=20mm)
total sperm 52.5mm (normal >=40mm)

I am fertilile again! Thanks Dr Saya! The small FSH dosage worked!
So I am planning to keep using FSH in my protocol. At this dosage it is not that expensive.

Real life, real fertility, real pregnancy while injecting TRT after being sterile-- period. But yeah, keep dealing with dumbass docs (or would-be "forum gurus" regurgitating junk TRT protocols) and you can safely maintain your current position, and your cause for concern.

Misinformation's a bitch!

Last edited: