Health Problems

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
As a last ditch effort to address my T levels before getting on the train I made some significant changes in my life. 1. I completely reworked my diet; every animal product (meat, eggs, butter, cheese, etc) I buy now must come from a grass-fed animal that is also free from hormones/antibiotics. I live in Oklahoma so this change wasn't as expensive for me as it is in many places. I also completely cut sugar and processed carbs. 2. I threw away every piece of non-stick cookerware and utensils. Teflon is bad for hormones, mmmmkay. 3. I replaced every piece of plastic from plate to food storage with stainless steel or glass. Bisphenol is also terrible for hormones, mmmkay.

I have no idea if I went overboard, but what I do know is that I haven't felt better in many years and my T level is literally double what it was last two times I had it tested (310ish to 640).

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
As a last ditch effort to address my T levels before getting on the train I made some significant changes in my life. 1. I completely reworked my diet; every animal product (meat, eggs, butter, cheese, etc) I buy now must come from a grass-fed animal that is also free from hormones/antibiotics. I live in Oklahoma so this change wasn't as expensive for me as it is in many places. I also completely cut sugar and processed carbs. 2. I threw away every piece of non-stick cookerware and utensils. Teflon is bad for hormones, mmmmkay.
hit up the cooking thread if you need help, purchasing advice, how to cook w/ my new non stick shit, etc, ask BrutulTM BrutulTM about cow stuffs

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Well, just under 4 months since my health scare, and the lifestyle changes are starting to yield some results. My legs are actually starting to get some decent muscles, and my B-C cups have gone the way of the dodo.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
EMS had to come out today. Moved to poorest state in the union in a rural area and have EMS respond in 5 minutes as they were getting gas down the road. They don't charge if they don't transport which was news to me.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
EMS had to come out today. Moved to poorest state in the union in a rural area and have EMS respond in 5 minutes as they were getting gas down the road. They don't charge if they don't transport which was news to me.

you alright tho, man?

Borzak

Yeah I guess for now. While EMS was here state policeman stopped and knocked and asked if my parents or the EMS team needed help or anything else. Just thought he'd be helpful and ask since he saw the EMS here.

The guy on the EMS is a little bit older than I am. He saw the pics in a frame on the wall in my (mother in law suite) of the Exxon refinery. He said "I used to work there" and pointed to one partiular spot. I said "pipe still #7", he was like "yup how the hell did you know that". Small world.

• 2Like

Borzak

You'll be glad to know when I'm elected and take office as grand poobah I'm going to mandate that all medicine come in the same time durations. 12 hours or 24 hours and such. No more every 4 hours, with some every 6 hours, and some every 8 and others 12 or 24 hours. I'm going to get them all on the same page.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
You'll be glad to know when I'm elected and take office as grand poobah I'm going to mandate that all medicine come in the same time durations. 12 hours or 24 hours and such. No more every 4 hours, with some every 6 hours, and some every 8 and others 12 or 24 hours. I'm going to get them all on the same page.

I don't understand what this means. Same time duration?

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
yeah i don't bother spacing out my pills exactly like that. got some that are twice a day, some three times a day, four times ad day, six times a day, i end up just rounding them off so i can take several at once instead of scheduling a different single pill every hour of my day or w/e.

iannis

Musty Nester
he just means that when you have multiple medications you can be in a situation where you're taking a pill every two hours. The world should be such that we can mush them all into one big pull you take once a day!

It isnt, but you know. Pill fatigue.

Borzak

I don't take many pills but have noticed some of them really spread out compared to some others. The only one that I take that I have to be pretty close on the time is my heart pills to keep my heart rate down. Every 12 hours. If I space it out further than that I'll notice it pretty quick. Just a minor annoyance. I don't see how people that apparently take gobs of pills do it. Right now I only take 2 prescriptions, the heart pills and a pain killer that is take as needed that I double up on and it gets me thru most of the day if not all day till the next.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Think about the people with dysphagia that require medications every 4-8 hours. Have to crush it and put it in applesauce or some thickener. You think it sucks for you? Try the people actually administering the medications. :|

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
So, I've had these bumps on my back for a long ass time. They're positioned such that they're pretty hard to see or even touch. I've thought they were moles or warts or maybe even ingrown hair. Today, I felt one and it felt longer (this is the first time I've ever really felt a change in them). I managed to get an up close picture and it looks like something black is popping out of the skin. I got a picture of the other one and it too looks like it's kind of coming out but not nearly as much. They're about 1/4 inch in diameter or thereabouts. They've never felt pain or itchy or anything like that, which is one reason I never really thought much about them.

I'm planning on asking a doctor what's up but anyone here have any thoughts?

20190205_151332.jpg

20190205_153445.jpg

KDow

Blackwing Lair Raider
So, I've had these bumps on my back for a long ass time. They're positioned such that they're pretty hard to see or even touch. I've thought they were moles or warts or maybe even ingrown hair. Today, I felt one and it felt longer (this is the first time I've ever really felt a change in them). I managed to get an up close picture and it looks like something black is popping out of the skin. I got a picture of the other one and it too looks like it's kind of coming out but not nearly as much. They're about 1/4 inch in diameter or thereabouts. They've never felt pain or itchy or anything like that, which is one reason I never really thought much about them.

I did some googling and I think you should make heading to the doctors a priority. If you haven't bothered to google it yet yourself - I wouldn't, just head to the docs because you'll just freak yourself out otherwise.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I did some googling and I think you should make heading to the doctors a priority. If you haven't bothered to google it yet yourself - I wouldn't, just head to the docs because you'll just freak yourself out otherwise.

Yeah, I've done googling and it's a bit inconclusive. I think now that they're probably blackheads. I hope so anyway, but yeah, I'm planning on seeing a dermatologist.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Yeah, I've done googling and it's a bit inconclusive. I think now that they're probably blackheads. I hope so anyway, but yeah, I'm planning on seeing a dermatologist.
blackheads like you can squeeze cuz of excess fat accumulating? there should be a slight "mound" underneath it if so thats from the accumulation and slight skin irritation, also if you can't squeeze it out like playdough, it's not a blackhead and something a medical pro really has to look at.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.

Super-old dry blackheads. May require more than squeezing to extract.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande

Dude these don't look good. Doesn't look like any wart or zit I've ever seen. The black irregular shape would have me worried. I'd definitely get that shit checked ASAP.

EDIT: I've never seen blackheads that large. A blackhead for me is nothing more than a clogged pore that's dirty. Those look to be at least a cm wide.