Health Problems

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Yesterday another visit to the ER. I sleep with a baby moniter. Laid down to take a nap. Apparently I went unconcious or had a seizuer. I swallowed my tongue and was choking. ER didn't come up with anything. Another MRI, no lesions at all. All the ones I had 5 years ago are gone, no new ones.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

iannis

Musty Nester
I mean it's a fucked up way to get good news.

No legions where you previously had legions is a good thing.

Borzak

I go in for another MRI later this week. Over the weekend had a brain MRI. This one is a spinal MRI. Dr. brought up that if it's progressive MS most times all lesions are produced on the spine and not the brain. No medication for progressive MS. You just live with it or not. It just steadily (or sometimes not steadily) detoriates without an attack or relapse most people would call an attack. Some people have progressive MS for years if not decades. We will see. I've had one spinal in the past a little over 2 years ago and I had lesions. But nothing at the onset/attack 5 years ago to compare it to.

I know I'm britching a lot but my head is lagging. I feel like I'm almost a vegetable now. Nothing has had an impact on it. Started with ibuprofen for inflamation which didn't touch it. Then tramadol, nothing. Then hydrocodene. Nothing. Then oxy and it kind of touched it but not enough to make it worth taking again.

Oddly enough in the past when nothing touched it I had luck with several doan's pills which apparently contain not just a mild pain releiver but some sort of NSAID, non steroid anti imflamator like ibuprofen but different. But I'm out will have to wait till tomorrow.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Good news Gents. My scan from yesterday showed a small amount of shrinkage which surprised my doc since my last treatment was end of April. The plan is to start treatment again August 13. Also went from 210 down to 189 now. Finally getting my shit back together with my diet and exercise.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Been having pains in my right side for a few months now, but the ultrasound came back clear. Being sent back to my surgeon to see what he thinks. I'm hoping to hell it's just some scar tissue from the various bowel surgeries causing issues by hitting up against my ribcage, because the cancer returning and another bowel removal surgery would result in a fucking colostomy bag.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 2 users

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I do not envy anyone who requires an ostomy of any kind. Talk about skin break down if you decide to not be compliant.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Well, you could always find a local friend like Kuriin if you need your rectum stretched.

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Borzak

From bad to worse. Kind of had sinus off and on for a while. Yesterday laid down to take a nap. Now sitting on the bed I look like weebles wobble but I do fall down. It's all I can do to walk to the bathroom and back. Just got out of the bathtub. That was an adventure. If I sit still in a chat like at the computer long enough it gets better. Laying down makes it 10x worse. Yes also totally deaf in that ear. Going to the clinic or Er tomorrow. Sometimes if I sit down long enough I can get up and walk relatively OK. If I get up from laying down I have to have a can and hold onto the wall. It's pretty fish out of water situation at times.

This sucks.

I had a pretty bad earache a couple of weeks ago in the other ear. Used some earache stuff you warm up and put in ear and it solved itself over night. Which is the one reason makes me think it's not neurological as it just drainage ear problems. If I tap on the bone inside my ear/jaw I can hear that pretty well.

I just found recently one of my brain MRI's the radiologist that read it and did the report called the neurologist that ordered it and said he has a pretty large sinus infection I can see on the MRI. The doctor never mentioned it. Most likey he talked to the nurse and that was the end of it.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Sounds like you got something going on in your ear that's fucking up your equilibrium. Do you get ear wax build up?

Borzak

I went to the walk in clinic. I feel like Dalton from Road House. I walk in and carry copies of all my records so they don't order the same shit over and over. This doctor wanted to do an A1C and I broke out my records and had one done last month.

No build up in the ear. He ordered some antibiotics I've never had, and some other stuff to see if it helps the sinus.

The doctor did say you are the most organized patient I've ever had lol. Then we talked politics.

Been kind of leary of the walk in clinics. Mom had gone there before and said it was OK. I got the doctor that owns the place and I think they have one other.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I have a potential issue coming up. It would seem that when I was doing some decently strenuous repairs to my house I may have overexerted myself to the point of causing a hernia. (Confirmation coming this week).

Staring down the barrel of what solutions are available it seems to boil down to two :

A) Mesh based laproscopic procedure - Looks to be the easier, and faster recovery time. But (and this might be purely anecdotal here) every single person I know who has had one of these (around 5 people) have had problems in the months following them. Usually with the mesh coming loose, or seemingly random bouts of pain at the mesh site.
B) Non-mesh traditional "open" surgery - Looks like MUCH longer recovery times (like 2-6 weeks) but the person I know (only know one) who has had one of these done has been perfectly fine ever since.

What wisdom do you titans of the internet have for lowly old guy here?

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I've had both laparoscopic and open surgeries (abdomen) and the open surgery was significantly worse. WIth the lap, I was up and walking around within 6 hours of waking up. I was out of the hospital 2-3 days later. WIth the open, it took days just to be able to stand reliably, I was in a lot of pain, wound up with an infection, some nasty scars, didn't get out for 2 weeks, and didn't fully recover for 6 months. I to this day still have pain in the surgery area when I exert myself. You can't just slice open large sections of muscle and not wind up with lasting repercussions. Both were from the same surgeon.

I imagine the location of where the opening will be with have an effect, but yeah, there's a big difference. I imagine if anything the quality of the surgeon is the bigger factor.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Obligatory fuck cancer post.

My dad just got a diagnosis of prostate cancer at 68. It looks like he found it early, so barring something drastic the prognosis is good. My whole family is traumatized already, though, since my mom died of biliary cancer at 53.

Stem cell CRISPR nanobots can't come soon enough.

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

iannis

Musty Nester
Take the mesh lap. My dad has pulled hernias a lot in his life. He got a mesh lap about two years ago. He was back to active inside a week and it fixed his lifelong issue.

Dude likes to strain.

I firmly believe it's a better mousetrap.