Health Problems

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Can anyone recommend a good fitness tracker? I got the Fitbit versa and it's reading my bpm way off. It has my resting bpm at 120 and I guess this is a common issue with them.

iannis

Musty Nester
Been drinking energy drinks e ery day for years now. Went to the doctor today and my heart rate and blood pressure were completely healthy, but I can't put my finger on it - I just feel like shit overall. I'm fairly certain they're taking an unseen toll on me. So decided to quit. Gonna be a shitty week or two coming up.
you could just take b6 and b12 instead. It's 90% of what makes those drinks effective. I assume you're not getting the ones with a lot of sugar. And you'll miss the caffeine for maybe a week and adjust.

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
There's a strong link between long term use of benzos and dementia.

Get some blood work, check your testosterone, and find out if there's an issue causing your insomnia? Ie. is this primary insomnia (sleep issues) or secondary (sleep issues because of another health issue).

If there isn't, work on better sleep hygiene. Buy a sleep mask, this was game changing for keeping me asleep at night.

If you're not willing to change your sleep habits, you'll never find the rest you're looking for and you'll become more and more dependent on sleep aids with less and less restfulness.

Not a lecture, just objective facts.
The benzo and dementia link is questionable.. It was like one study and allegedly shown to increase dementia in elderly patients. Keyword elderly. Too lazy to grab links and build a case here.

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
I’ve been shitting small amounts of blood on and off for years. Went to see a gastro, they did a colonoscopy, didn’t find anything, and I’ve just lived with it. Probably an internal fissure or hemmoroid. I would worry too much unless there’s a lot of blood, or it’s really dark.
Could be colitis. I had stomach issues for years with blood in stool. Went undiagnosed by gastro when I was younger until finally a few years back one scoped me and biopsy came back with microscopic colitis. Changed my diet and it helped a fuck ton. Was pretty sad I couldn't eat granola anymore.

Kuriin Kuriin since your husband's a derma I assume you have a bomb ass skin routine? I'm in my early 30's and anal about taking care of my skin. It's pretty decent with some sun damage from being dumb in 20's.

Just started retin A a few weeks ago. Seems like it works well. Tempted to get lasered up to remove a few dark spots and broken capillaries.

Should I get lasered now or wait till I'm almost 40? Cost isn't an issue.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Fucking sucked ass when I did it. If you have roids like I do ass explosions just enflame them.

//Got my colon checked after a bout with cdiff.

yeah this. i had three big rhoids when they scoped me, hurt like hell every time i went the entire night.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Could be colitis. I had stomach issues for years with blood in stool. Went undiagnosed by gastro when I was younger until finally a few years back one scoped me and biopsy came back with microscopic colitis. Changed my diet and it helped a fuck ton. Was pretty sad I couldn't eat granola anymore.

Kuriin Kuriin since your husband's a derma I assume you have a bomb ass skin routine? I'm in my early 30's and anal about taking care of my skin. It's pretty decent with some sun damage from being dumb in 20's.

Just started retin A a few weeks ago. Seems like it works well. Tempted to get lasered up to remove a few dark spots and broken capillaries.

Should I get lasered now or wait till I'm almost 40? Cost isn't an issue.

Weird thing is they scoped me specifically because of recurrent (mild) diverticulitis attacks. Said the diverticuli I had were tiny and they were surprised I showed any symptoms at all, and removed one small polyp while they were in there. Oddly enough, I haven't had a diverticulitis attack ever since the colonoscopy (they think the prep "cleared" something), but I still get the occasional blood on toilet paper. No other stomach problems otherwise. Very odd.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
you could just take b6 and b12 instead. It's 90% of what makes those drinks effective. I assume you're not getting the ones with a lot of sugar. And you'll miss the caffeine for maybe a week and adjust.
I drink the literal boomer meme

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Weird thing is they scoped me specifically because of recurrent (mild) diverticulitis attacks. Said the diverticuli I had were tiny and they were surprised I showed any symptoms at all, and removed one small polyp while they were in there. Oddly enough, I haven't had a diverticulitis attack ever since the colonoscopy (they think the prep "cleared" something), but I still get the occasional blood on toilet paper. No other stomach problems otherwise. Very odd.
Ya dunno man. Im not a doc but if you're not getting bloating, gas, diarrhea etc then doubt it's any form of colitis. Maybe just hemroids and pushing too hard. If you gotta push like your moving a boulder then up the fiber. Maybe worth a second opinion? I've had two major medical issues of mine be discovered only after getting a second opinion and suffering through them for fucking years.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Let me introduce you to what is pretty much a cure-all for most pooping problems:

proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg

Big slimy orange turds that just slip right out, it's a marvellous thing.

Funkor

Molten Core Raider
Let me introduce you to what is pretty much a cure-all for most pooping problems:

View attachment 219872

They sell it without sugar too! Konsyl is an alternative brand but they just up and disappeared at one point from Amazon amid some rumors of a recall so I swapped over to these guys instead.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
So pharmakos pharmakos following your lead I managed to fully switch over to a keto diet. I went more on the meat heavy side of keto. I have been shedding weight the past week. I don't generally weigh myself often but I've been losing about half a pound per day eating 2000-2200 calories. New eating and I've kept up with the yoga during treatment has me down to my Junior High weight of 178lbs now. I was 185 at my last appointment last Tuesday. I fully expect a talking to by my doctor for losing weight so rapidly. I'm eager to see how this round of treatment goes compared to the first 6 months.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider

View attachment 219872

I used to take that every day but have since switched to acacia powder. I found metamucil to be a bit to heavy. I could feel it sitting in my gut. Plus fuck all the extra shit they put in metamucil.

Funny thing about metamucil. If you don't poop it out it turns into silly putty. After a sudden bout of constipation I had to pull a wad of metamucil silly putty out of my butt. It was strange. Enjoy the imagery.

5905.png.jpg

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
So pharmakos pharmakos following your lead I managed to fully switch over to a keto diet. I went more on the meat heavy side of keto. I have been shedding weight the past week. I don't generally weigh myself often but I've been losing about half a pound per day eating 2000-2200 calories. New eating and I've kept up with the yoga during treatment has me down to my Junior High weight of 178lbs now. I was 185 at my last appointment last Tuesday. I fully expect a talking to by my doctor for losing weight so rapidly. I'm eager to see how this round of treatment goes compared to the first 6 months.

i hope it works out for you man :) it's definitely not going to be a silver bullet for every type of cancer.. my theory is it just works on tumors that mainly consume glycogen, but that's just a working theory, maybe it helped my cancer through some other less direct heath benefit of keto beyond just the direct sugar-starving effect i'm theorizing.

• 1Like

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Yeah I'm not expecting miracles or anything. Just curious to see if there will be a difference. I was eating fairly shitty the first time around so this is a major change. I don't even think I could ever go back to the old way now. Just thinking about it makes me feel gross. I've only had 1 dose so far this round and I'm feel pretty awesome after making the keto switch. Best I've felt in my adult life honestly.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
hey it did look just about miraculous for me tho, man. i was always super skeptical of any sort of alternative treatment before, but i'm totally a believer now that it can at least be near-miraculous for some. i know i've obviously told this story before since you remembered :) so i'll repeat it for everyone else's sake too, but also yeah just in case there's any useful details i still haven't relayed to you....

before i started the diet we were pretty much about to start talking palliative care, after ~10 days on the diet my serum tumor markers went from a 93 to a 5 and CT scan showed my tumors to be shrinking. i guess just the fact that i had CT scans two weeks apart kind of tells ya' how quickly the doctor thought my cancer was growing at the time, hadn't really thought to put it that way til now. my doctor was pretty blown away and at first really refused to believe it was the diet, but she's come around a bit... anyway so now, yeah, it ended up just slowing my cancer after the initial shrinking, and i got to the point where i got back on chemo... that round of chemo was the first time i ever did keto along with chemo, tho, and it again worked well to the point that my doctor was pretty blown away again.

i'm back on the sugar train now for a few months, and my CT scans and blood work has all been pretty steadily clear ("no signs of disease"). i'm still getting maintenance doses of chemo tho, was every three weeks til the end of July, now i'm on every four weeks, so perhaps thats the only reason the sugar is'nt kicking my ass again.

ugh now that i typed that whole story out i've got myself pretty damn scared about stopping keto. not that i haven't had my reservations before this moment either. it just got too expensive eventually, it's doable on a budget but the only way to make keto interesting enough for me long term is with a bigger budget than i have.

• 1Solidarity

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
Can anyone recommend a good fitness tracker? I got the Fitbit versa and it's reading my bpm way off. It has my resting bpm at 120 and I guess this is a common issue with them.

Garmin is said to have the most accurate HR monitors (I personally have the Vivosport), but none of them are going to be as accurate as manually taking a radial pulse.

[insert "more like GoContinuously" joke here]

• 1Worf

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I have to go next week and get fitted for some type of brace to support my head. Fun fun. Neck has problems supporting it at times.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I've got the Fitbit charge 2. It works ok. I have noticed that while playing guitar it thinks my heart rate is way higher than it is, but other than that it's usually accurate.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
@Dom get any results this week, or just tests?

Bleeding stopped but that's all I know so far. Haven't heard anything about an appointment for scopes yet. The GI department here is beyond overburdened, and even with my priority status 2-4 weeks is the minimum when not in immediate danger.