Health Problems

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I wouldn't jump immediately to cancer, although I do understand why you would.

It could just as easily be something else. You might have grown a polyp, or like you say a late complication from where they cut your colon. It could just be a regular old ulcer.

Or yeah, it could be cancer.

I have a history of colon cancer and a genetic disease that makes cancer grow at extreme rates. That said, the CT scan didn't see anything so

proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg
(probably)

Finally out after 22 hours in there. Friday nights are apparently the worst fucking time to go into the ER when it comes to having access to various departments.

Hemoglobin count was down twice, then back up so they think it stopped. Have scopes scheduled and all that shit with instructions to return if it keeps up.

Who knows, maybe if this all goes to hell and I end up with a colostomy bag, I will have the ultimate poopsocking power to apply to WoW Classic

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
If it's dark then it's coming from your upper digestive track I believe, which rules out diverticulitis, hemorrhoids, and fissures I think.

Usually true, dark red/maroon (melena) usually the result of partially digested blood with loss of color as result of enzymatic breakdown of hemoglobin.

Most active bleeds in the lower GI would result in bright red bleeding (hematochezia), something like internal bleeding, ulcerative colitis, diverticulitis, polyps, etc could lead to hematochezia. Fissures and hemorrhoids would usually have some sort of rectal complaint.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Usually true, dark red/maroon (melena) usually the result of partially digested blood with loss of color as result of enzymatic breakdown of hemoglobin.

Most active bleeds in the lower GI would result in bright red bleeding (hematochezia), something like internal bleeding, ulcerative colitis, diverticulitis, polyps, etc could lead to hematochezia. Fissures and hemorrhoids would usually have some sort of rectal complaint.
Amod Amod I think Synj Synj deserves a medal or title as our hometown Butt Expert.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I have a history of colon cancer and a genetic disease that makes cancer grow at extreme rates. That said, the CT scan didn't see anything so

View attachment 219536 (probably)

Finally out after 22 hours in there. Friday nights are apparently the worst fucking time to go into the ER when it comes to having access to various departments.

Hemoglobin count was down twice, then back up so they think it stopped. Have scopes scheduled and all that shit with instructions to return if it keeps up.

Who knows, maybe if this all goes to hell and I end up with a colostomy bag, I will have the ultimate poopsocking power to apply to WoW Classic

oh fuck man, my heart dropped when i saw your post about shitting blood because i immediately remembered that your cancer was colon cancer. the meantime right now can feel even worse just NOT KNOWING what it is now, but damn at least it doesn't look like cancer. you been in pain or discomfort down there at all lately or did this just spring out of nowhere?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
oh fuck man, my heart dropped when i saw your post about shitting blood because i immediately remembered that your cancer was colon cancer. the meantime right now can feel even worse just NOT KNOWING what it is now, but damn at least it doesn't look like cancer. you been in pain or discomfort down there at all lately or did this just spring out of nowhere?

Been having possibly related abdominal pain/discomfort for months now, so who knows. The bleeding has since stopped which is nice. I just hope the scopes can see whatever the hell caused it.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Been having possibly related abdominal pain/discomfort for months now, so who knows. The bleeding has since stopped which is nice. I just hope the scopes can see whatever the hell caused it.

so you're gonna have to drink that bowel clearing stuff? oh my lord that stuff was miserable lol. don't wake up in the middle of the night and fart having not woken up enough to remember about drinking that stuff that day. it's not just gonna be a fart.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
so you're gonna have to drink that bowel clearing stuff? oh my lord that stuff was miserable lol. don't wake up in the middle of the night and fart having not woken up enough to remember about drinking that stuff that day. it's not just gonna be a fart.

Pico Salax? Yeah, it's rough. That's not what I'll have to use though. Colonoscopy prep is easier for people with reduced colons.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Pico Salax? Yeah, it's rough. That's not what I'll have to use though. Colonoscopy prep is easier for people with reduced colons.

i had a stuff called GoLytely that just about every nurse made the sympathetic joke "it certainly doesn't make you 'GO LIGHTLY' huh?" to me about -_-

the stuff has the same ingredient as Miralax. one dose of GoLytely being equivalent to roughly thirteen and a half doses of Miralax. so yeah no wonder lol.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
i had a stuff called GoLytely that just about every nurse made the sympathetic joke "it certainly doesn't make you 'GO LIGHTLY' huh?" to me about -_-

the stuff has the same ingredient as Miralax. one dose of GoLytely being equivalent to roughly thirteen and a half doses of Miralax. so yeah no wonder lol.

Probably the same idea as PIco Salax. You drink a bunch of water and It causes water to flood your bowels and you end up shitting every 10 minutes for hours until there is literally nothing left in there. I've done that process twice and it was horrible.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Supertaster
Reactions: 1 users

Kuriin

Just a Nurse

It's the polyethylene glycol 3350 that's in both. We give patients GoLytely in our ER and they need to drink 1 cup every 10 minutes. It's a little over a gallon. It's always the annoying ones who complain about how much water it is, haha. We do get the occasional champs who chug that shit down.

I don't envy anyone who has to take it and then be up all night shitting. You can only hope your colonoscopy is in the morning and does not get delayed.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Oh I didn't mention that my colonoscopy was in the middle of an on-week for chemo too, so conveniently I was already in the hospital, but yeah damn. Not TOO gross of a description but I'll put it in spoilers just in case:

Simultaneously puking and expelling a liter of diarrhea in one big bodily spasm sure was a different sort of experience, I'll tell ya.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Oh I didn't mention that my colonoscopy was in the middle of an on-week for chemo too, so conveniently I was already in the hospital, but yeah damn. Not TOO gross of a description but I'll put it in spoilers just in case:

Simultaneously puking and expelling a liter of diarrhea in one big bodily spasm sure was a different sort of experience, I'll tell ya.
I know people who have been that drunk.

Well, not so much a spasm as it was them being so drunk they couldn't control either end independently.

• 1Worf

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I know people who have been that drunk.

Well, not so much a spasm as it was them being so drunk they couldn't control either end independently.

Wish I was drunk for it lol, being sober for it means I remember it more than I'd like :)

• 1Like

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I don't understand all the complaints about the colon prep. I mean yeah, spending half your night on the shitter is no party, but it's not like it hurts or anything. To me, the worst part is driving to the appointment in the morning and worrying that you're going to shit your pants.

• 1Solidarity

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
My dad just got out of surgery for prostate cancer. Sounds like things went well, so there's that.

Still, fuck cancer.

Vinen

God is dead
I don't understand all the complaints about the colon prep. I mean yeah, spending half your night on the shitter is no party, but it's not like it hurts or anything. To me, the worst part is driving to the appointment in the morning and worrying that you're going to shit your pants.

Fucking sucked ass when I did it. If you have roids like I do ass explosions just enflame them.

//Got my colon checked after a bout with cdiff.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Been drinking energy drinks e ery day for years now. Went to the doctor today and my heart rate and blood pressure were completely healthy, but I can't put my finger on it - I just feel like shit overall. I'm fairly certain they're taking an unseen toll on me. So decided to quit. Gonna be a shitty week or two coming up.

• 1Like

Vinen

God is dead
Been drinking energy drinks e ery day for years now. Went to the doctor today and my heart rate and blood pressure were completely healthy, but I can't put my finger on it - I just feel like shit overall. I'm fairly certain they're taking an unseen toll on me. So decided to quit. Gonna be a shitty week or two coming up.

Godspeed.

I need to do this as well.