Health Problems

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
They gave my wife anti nausea meds with her after she had our kid in our house but she ended up not needing it

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
There's a strong link between long term use of benzos and dementia.

Get some blood work, check your testosterone, and find out if there's an issue causing your insomnia? Ie. is this primary insomnia (sleep issues) or secondary (sleep issues because of another health issue).

If there isn't, work on better sleep hygiene. Buy a sleep mask, this was game changing for keeping me asleep at night.

If you're not willing to change your sleep habits, you'll never find the rest you're looking for and you'll become more and more dependent on sleep aids with less and less restfulness.

Not a lecture, just objective facts.

Eh, he says 5-6 packs of 10 pills a year, that's not enough use to run into the issues you describe. It's unusual for anyone using the stuff to keep their use to that level, but if he truly is then he's actually one of the few using the stuff responsibly.

iannis

Musty Nester
When I had my wisdom teeth taken out I was given hydrocodone to pretty much the same effect. Good for pain relief but the side effects fuck me up. I guess I don't get the euphoria effect the druggies get. :mad:

Me either. The stuff makes me angry. Irritable at first, but genuinely angry after a a while.

It's weird. But not that weird. It's not that uncommon of a response.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Me either. The stuff makes me angry. Irritable at first, but genuinely angry after a a while.

It's weird. But not that weird. It's not that uncommon of a response.

that happened to me once in awhile when i first started on the stuff. i described it as "go away, i'm busy feeling good." but often "feeling good" presented itself as being engrossed in a movie / video game / etc. more than i usually would be, not drugged out drooling euphoria.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Well summer chemo break is over. Had my first infusion today. Figure I've got another 6 or so months of chemo ahead of me. It responded to the first round so I expect to finish it off with this round.

• 10Like
Reactions: 9 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I've never really noticed Hydrocodene making me angry. Of course probably better to ask someone around me. By the time I take that or an Oxycodene being angry is pretty low on my list. Maybe I'm angry all the time. I could believe that.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I think after my reconstructive jaw surgery, I think they pushed morphine too fast. I think. Not entirely sure. I was agitated big time. It could have been Reglan, though. Too young to remember.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Weird bump I've had on my thigh for ages recently changed appearance relatively significantly. Hasn't changed in size much but it has me worried. Going to see a dermatologist soon. You guys that are okay at diagnosing this stuff, what do you think?

View attachment 218195

It's roughly the size of a pencil eraser.
source.gif

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Started shitting blood yesterday. Went to the ER at 8pm and I'm still here 13 hours later, with no end in sight. Fucking sucks, man.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

iannis

Musty Nester
Woof. Not good.

13 hours? Just waiting for someone to scope you?

It's obviously something. On the scale of bad to worse it might just be bad though. Plenty of things that can cause intestinal bleeding, as you're aware, not all of them equally worrisome.

Last edited:

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I’ve been shitting small amounts of blood on and off for years. Went to see a gastro, they did a colonoscopy, didn’t find anything, and I’ve just lived with it. Probably an internal fissure or hemmoroid. I would worry too much unless there’s a lot of blood, or it’s really dark.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
You're not critical enough to be seen fast enough based on emergency severity index. If you were hypotensive, diaphoretic, or pale - meaning hypovolemic (lots of blood loss), then you would be seen immediately.

How much blood was it? Black? Bright red? Did it fill the bowl, or just specks in the stool? Are you on any NSAIDs? Did you eat anything red the day prior? Any history of colitis? Diverticulitis?

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
It's a lot and very dark. Most likely my cancer having returned, or a late complication with my bowel surgeries. They have me on an IV and gave me some pantoloc, but I doubt its stomach related. General surgery people are involved at this point.

• 7Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
It's a lot and very dark. Most likely my cancer having returned, or a late complication with my bowel surgeries. They have me on an IV and gave me some pantoloc, but I doubt its stomach related. General surgery people are involved at this point.

Good luck bro. That's some scary shit.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse

Protonix? That's good. They'll likely have you NPO (nothing by mouth) for endoscopy and colonoscopy in the morning.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande

If it's dark then it's coming from your upper digestive track I believe, which rules out diverticulitis, hemorrhoids, and fissures I think.

iannis

Musty Nester
I wouldn't jump immediately to cancer, although I do understand why you would.

It could just as easily be something else. You might have grown a polyp, or like you say a late complication from where they cut your colon. It could just be a regular old ulcer.

Or yeah, it could be cancer.