Health Problems

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There are several interactions with nebivolol. Fluid retention and thus reversal of the antihypertensive effect is seen when NSAIDs are taken at the same time. Ask your GP / Card.

I take it along with a high dose of Naproxen every day. It’s purpose is to sort of cap my pulse, because of POTS. The original prescribing GP has since retired, so I’ll definitely bring it up with the replacement.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
My girlfriend is coming next week and we're doing a tour of 10 plantation homes. I hope my plan of taking a bunch of drugs early and often works out. May need to double that again after riding with her for a while, luckily all the tours are within 1-1/2 hours so that helps in that department.

I had to get off the one anti depressant they gave me a prescription for. Too many side effects that seemed to get worse as time went on. Being off for two weeks eliminated most of them.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I take it along with a high dose of Naproxen every day. It’s purpose is to sort of cap my pulse, because of POTS. The original prescribing GP has since retired, so I’ll definitely bring it up with the replacement.

Long term use of NSAIDs are not good for your gut. I would try to avoid high doses of Aleve.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Low dose aspirin are one of those medications that the benefits far outweigh the risks. Continue taking it. I would say it reduces the chances of strokes and heart attacks as it's an anti platelet aggregator - preventing clumping of platelets. I have never heard it decrease risks of colorectal cancer.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Low dose aspirin are one of those medications that the benefits far outweigh the risks. Continue taking it. I would say it reduces the chances of strokes and heart attacks as it's an anti platelet aggregator - preventing clumping of platelets. I have never heard it decrease risks of colorectal cancer.

It's one of the few things recommended to people with Lynch Syndrome because studies showed it provided reduces risks of it. My surgeon was kind of the mindset that it probably wouldn't make a difference, but it wouldn't hurt. I guess the study involved high doses, so low-dose might not make a difference, but eh... gotta try something.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
It's one of the few things recommended to people with Lynch Syndrome because studies showed it provided reduces risks of it. My surgeon was kind of the mindset that it probably wouldn't make a difference, but it wouldn't hurt. I guess the study involved high doses, so low-dose might not make a difference, but eh... gotta try something.

Learn something new every day! 600mg of aspirin is quite a bit...but, I can understand the desire to prevent cancer in that area. If you (do) decide to go that route, keep an eye on your stools to make sure there's no blood in it (dark red, black, or bright red) as we often get patients for syncopal episodes secondary to symptomatic anemia from GI bleed. :]

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Learn something new every day! 600mg of aspirin is quite a bit...but, I can understand the desire to prevent cancer in that area. If you (do) decide to go that route, keep an eye on your stools to make sure there's no blood in it (dark red, black, or bright red) as we often get patients for syncopal episodes secondary to symptomatic anemia from GI bleed. :]

Yeah, I keep an eye on it already just to watch for potential tumor bleeds. Pretty much anyone should be doing the same by their mid 30's IMO.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Borzak Borzak bro just wondering if you ever switched from gabapentin (Neurontin) to pregabalin (Lyrica) now that it's generic? did you notice any improvement in your mental condition? it only took a week or two before my memory started to improve when i switched.

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Long term use of NSAIDs are not good for your gut. I would try to avoid high doses of Aleve.

There’s only so much that can be done to treat the joint inflammation from Ehler-Danlos, and my gut’s pretty messed up either way. 🤷‍♂️

Borzak

My plan bit the dirt already. Someone coming to pick me up and take me 1-1/2 hours to an explosion and resulting fir in the caustics unit we redit 20 years ago. Dow chemical can't find the drawings apparently.

Borzak

Borzak Borzak bro just wondering if you ever switched from gabapentin (Neurontin) to pregabalin (Lyrica) now that it's generic? did you notice any improvement in your mental condition? it only took a week or two before my memory started to improve when i switched.

No I dropped neurontin entirely. I never really could tell it did anything. I think the most "nerve pain" I felt was from my skin being incrediably dry/dehydrated. So dry you can write your name in my skin with a fingernal and it just falls off. Eyes bleed water from really bad dry eyes. But blood work always shows not dehydrated.

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>

iannis

Musty Nester
Don't watch that unless you want to change the way you think about yourself.

Surgery vids are a one way door.

• 1Like

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
As someone who will need a hip replacement in 10 years, please go fuck yourself. I'd like to think about that as little as possible.

Here’s the good news:

Total Hip Arthroplasty has one of the highest postoperative satisfaction rates across all surgeries. It’s a very satisfying procedure for the patient and the provider because the end result is almost always successful and in my limited experience tends to exceed patient expectations.

Pain and satisfaction after hip replacement: The patients perspective at 5 - 12 years. - PubMed - NCBI

Also: just don’t watch any videos 😂🤣

Also: you’ll be fine

• 1Like

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
highest postoperative satisfaction rates across all surgeries

Yeah, I'd just like to only enjoy the process once, since I'm currently 40 and stand pretty good odds of outliving the prosthesis. (Ditto for my knees which are also fucked.)

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Here’s the good news:

Total Hip Arthroplasty has one of the highest postoperative satisfaction rates across all surgeries. It’s a very satisfying procedure for the patient and the provider because the end result is almost always successful and in my limited experience tends to exceed patient expectations.

Pain and satisfaction after hip replacement: The patients perspective at 5 - 12 years. - PubMed - NCBI

Also: just don’t watch any videos 😂🤣

Also: you’ll be fine
Blame_Anesthesia_Algorithm.jpg

And if not, well...

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Don't watch that unless you want to change the way you think about yourself.

Surgery vids are a one way door.

I watched a few different variations of my first knee surgery the week before surgery. Would not recommend.