Health Problems

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
It sounds like you have a chronic clogging. Have you thought about adding a little steroid to the mix, nasal spray? Stop smoking ofc.
I have done colloidal silver spray this past week. I tried steroids in the beginning when I was SUPER clogged and it didn’t touch it.

I don’t smoke.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I have done colloidal silver spray this past week. I tried steroids in the beginning when I was SUPER clogged and it didn’t touch it.

I don’t smoke.
I’m sure you’re on top of it. What I meant was, steroids is not for declogging. It’s for de-inflammation, less mucous production. Declog first, let rinse out and normalize for 15 mins or so. Apply steroid spray. Should alleviate the problem somewhat. If not, talkt to a GP or ENT.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I’m sure you’re on top of it. What I meant was, steroids is not for declogging. It’s for de-inflammation, less mucous production. Declog first, let rinse out and normalize for 15 mins or so. Apply steroid spray. Should alleviate the problem somewhat. If not, talkt to a GP or ENT.
Ahh yeah I did regular steroids, for inflammation. It just didn’t work. I didn’t try a spray though it was just pills. My body has so much inflammation everywhere I’m not sure it knew to go after the sinuses.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Ahh yeah I did regular steroids, for inflammation. It just didn’t work. I didn’t try a spray though it was just pills. My body has so much inflammation everywhere I’m not sure it knew to go after the sinuses.
Precisely. This has to be topically applied to reduce the production, well, for maximum effect. Some mix it in their neti pot to reach where the spray can’t. I prefer to use a spray after a rinse like above, when I have a clogged sinus.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse

Agreed. Once all the basic shit is done first ("prerequisites"), then get that referral to an ENT.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Had my A1C done. Other than nurses not being able to take my blood, grrrr. 4 attempts. Came back today, 5.3. My cholesterol was was good and bad cholesterol which was kind of a surprise.

Last edited:

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Had my A1C done. Other than nurses not being able to take my blood, grrrr. 4 attempts. Came back today, 5.3. My cholesterol was was good and bad cholesterol which was kind of a surprise.

You have nurses draw your blood and not phlebotomists? Is this home health or something? Lol.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I don't know what they were/are. It's actually just a cancer clinic but it was closest and they could draw the blood. The first one introduced herself as Dr. soandso's nurse. The rest who knows what they drug up in the back. My girlfriend is an OR nurse and she said they've been shuffling people left and right. They don't require the vaccine but are moving those that have had it and those that haven't to different places so who knows, they probably don't even know lol.

Last edited:

Izo

Tranny Chaser
You have nurses draw your blood and not phlebotomists? Is this home health or something? Lol.
We do it sometimes to help out, us guided, when rookie nurses or phlebs can’t hit shit, or keep getting mixed a-v a-puncture gas. Or assist with cvk withdrawel in the icu. I’m teaching my nurses to do it, as to not wake me up 4 am for an a-puncture. wby, Kuriin Kuriin , how prevanlent is this in your end, nurse us skills I mean?

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Well I can't say for certain, but it appears that my foot neuropathy was being caused by Juul overdose. I quit smoking years back using the Juul, but when COVID and WFH hit, my consumption went WAY up. Sitting at a home desk all day simply allowed me to suck on that thing like a pacifier endlessly, and I was going through two 3% pods a day (equivalent to like a pack and a half per day of smokes). A few weeks back the chick I've been seeing picked me up a generic vape with non "salt" nicotine (a lot weaker) and within days my feet started getting better. They're not 100% yet but a lot better. Could be coincidental, but it is supposedly known that nicotine contributes to nerve pain.

• 1WTF

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
We do it sometimes to help out, us guided, when rookie nurses or phlebs can’t hit shit, or keep getting mixed a-v a-puncture gas. Or assist with cvk withdrawel in the icu. I’m teaching my nurses to do it, as to not wake me up 4 am for an a-puncture. wby, Kuriin Kuriin , how prevanlent is this in your end, nurse us skills I mean?

I teach USGIV as well and when there are difficult to palpate radial pulses, I will use ultrasound to get an accurate blood gas. I know there are some lazy AF nurses out there who call lab for everything, though.

• 1Solidarity

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I teach USGIV as well and when there are difficult to palpate radial pulses, I will use ultrasound to get an accurate blood gas. I know there are some lazy AF nurses out there who call lab for everything, though.

venue-ultrasound-front.jpg
visualsonics-vevomd-ultrasound-machine-uhf-500x500.jpg

Cool, cool. What brand us machines do you use? I looooove us.Today I found a large ptx on a 24yom and a stable AAA 5,2 cm random in 80yo abd. pain pt. - GE venue is my other wife, so nice for everything from cvk to pleuradrain to simple a-punctures. Takes forever to start up if someone forgot to stb it though. We have shitty but fast boot Sonosite Vevo md’s that got replaced by the GE.

Working on getting a-cath standard in the er for niv/hf for copd ptt. But less monitoring personal than our icu, so probably a bad idea / risk of bleeding out. But fewer punctures / more pt comfort instead of the endless a-punctures. What do you guys do, poke them with the needle til they stop smoking or? ;)

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
venue-ultrasound-front.jpg
visualsonics-vevomd-ultrasound-machine-uhf-500x500.jpg

Cool, cool. What brand us machines do you use? I looooove us.Today I found a large ptx on a 24yom and a stable AAA 5,2 cm random in 80yo abd. pain pt. - GE venue is my other wife, so nice for everything from cvk to pleuradrain to simple a-punctures. Takes forever to start up if someone forgot to stb it though. We have shitty but fast boot Sonosite Vevo md’s that got replaced by the GE.

Working on getting a-cath standard in the er for niv/hf for copd ptt. But less monitoring personal than our icu, so probably a bad idea / risk of bleeding out. But fewer punctures / more pt comfort instead of the endless a-punctures. What do you guys do, poke them with the needle til they stop smoking or? ;)

We have a Sono Site. :) The anesthesiologists keep a real nice one hidden. ACath as in ALine? It's so bizarre when some EDs do not employ them, especially during resuscitation process. Have had numerous times where a patient is on Levophed, Dobutamine, and Epinephrine and we do not have an art line. Our educator said, "If you want art lines, go to ICU." like bitch, REALLY?

We just keep poking for ABGs. In my other ED (L1 trauma), we just utilize an artline with a vamp.

• 1Like

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
Kuriin Kuriin

Any chance you could get your husband to take a look at this for a friend of mine? I see a little edema, so it almost looks like early venous stasis to me, but 20s seems really young for PVD. Derm is not really my best area. Apparently insidious onset over about 5 years. Thanks.

20210218_125749.jpg

Last edited:

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
My mom has a 13mm kidney stone and literally zero symptoms of it. WTF.

The way it was explained to me is that you don't feel it in the kidney, only when it starts travelling down your ureter and backing up urine flow. That being said, she won't be able to pass that and will need to get shockwaved or have a carnival claw rammed up her urethra.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The way it was explained to me is that you don't feel it in the kidney, only when it starts travelling down your ureter and backing up urine flow. That being said, she won't be able to pass that and will need to get shockwaved or have a carnival claw rammed up her urethra.

We’re still at the ER and that’s basically what the doctor said. Follow up with urology tomorrow morning.