Health Problems

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The other thing you want to watch for is any weird muscle pain without any obvious trauma or cause, because it rarely can cause severe tendinitis.

Erronius Erronius Definitely pay attention to this. I had Levaquin prescribed for walking pneumonia a few years ago and got some pretty severe tendinitis in my legs, but EDS so I’m kind of an outlier. Pay special attention to any aches that develop in your Achilles’ tendons, especially if you have a very standing or walking heavy job.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
All form of fluoroquinolones have a potential side effect of tendon rupture. When we prescribe these medications to patients, we tell patients to avoid all exercise until after completion. Sometimes we also prescribe a pre/probiotic to be taken several hours after taking the antibiotic to try to prevent C.Diff. And yeah...you don't want that. Very, very infectious poop that is easily spreadable.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I went to bed early. Had stomach cramps for a few hours. No nausea or diarrhea though.

I had to get back up to turn the thermostat down to 60-65. I just felt hot, especially my feet for some reason. Then I was super wide awake for an hour or two before I zonked out.

How fast does this stuff work? Because it felt like the testicle/groin pain subsided pretty quickly (unless it's just my perception). My first thought while laying in bed awake at 5am was "well, I guess I don't need the other 9 pills now!" (jokingly)

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
It depends on a lot of factors: the specific type of bugs causing the infection, whether said bugs are completely susceptible to the treatment or have an intermediate level of resistance, individual metabolism, the location of the infection and whether said location has a lot of blood flow in and out (epididymis is pretty vascular, so I'd guess it would work fast).

I feel like a fluoroquinolone was probably overkill unless they ran a urine culture and determined that was the only thing that would have worked (probably would have just done a ceftriaxone shot or some Bactrim barring cephalosporin/sulfa allergy), but it sounds like it's working, so that's good.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The original manufacturer of Levofloxacin halted production a few (sic; half a decade ago) years ago.

If it was me, I'd quit taking it early. I don't like to be alarmist but there is a risk of side effects in a certain percentage of people. Like draw said, it's not first line for this sort of thing.

They hit hard and do their job is why they maybe skirted safety studies. They were going to be the new wonder antibiotic-- there was a lot of pressure to make them a success, and if I remember correctly the Bush Admin had a hand in them. There were conflict of interest issues that came up during the various drugs approvals.

Last edited:

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Medical professionals of FOH, have something really funky going on with my “plumbing.”

About a month ago, my wife and I had sexual Congress, and right at climax I noticed a sort of hitch, not painful but just like a pause in my ejaculating. Then when finishing feeling like everything wasn’t out. I thought nothing of it, since our daughter was born in November our sex life has been mostly dormant other than oral etc.

Had sex several times after and business as usual.

About two weeks ago, happens again and as my wife is cleaning up notices these smallish orange/yellow “gel” balls in my semen. Not of insignificant size either. To “research” this more, I fap the next day.... same result and about 4-5 of these weird little chunks.

Firm to touch but easily flattened and smushed. Past few days I’ve had to urinate pretty frequently. Can’t think of other symptoms but my mind went to protaste, or uti or std immediately. Yeast infection? I’ve been kinda freaked to have sex or fap, but did last night to get pics of these buggers.

Seeing gp next week to get urologist referral

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Medical professionals of FOH, have something really funky going on with my “plumbing.”

About a month ago, my wife and I had sexual Congress, and right at climax I noticed a sort of hitch, not painful but just like a pause in my ejaculating. Then when finishing feeling like everything wasn’t out. I thought nothing of it, since our daughter was born in November our sex life has been mostly dormant other than oral etc.

About two weeks ago, happens again and as my wife is cleaning up notices these smallish orange/yellow “gel” balls in my semen. Not of insignificant size either. To “research” this more, I fap the next day.... same result and about 4-5 of these weird little chunks.

Firm to touch but easily flattened and smushed. Past few days I’ve had to urinate pretty frequently. Can’t think of other symptoms but my mind went to protaste, or uti or std immediately. Yeast infection? I’ve been kinda freaked to have sex or fap, but did last night to get pics of these buggers.

You aren't ejaculating tapioca are you?

1614903391020.png

Kuriin

Just a Nurse

Honestly sounds like a little retrograde ejaculation and you have semen blocking the ureter passage causing the urge to urinate. Makes further sense that you have clumpy semen balls as they hardened. Request the PCP for a urinalysis so you can do it before you see them. Make sure to masturbate the night before. If there's semen in your urine, you've got your answer.

• 2Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Honestly sounds like a little retrograde ejaculation and you have semen blocking the ureter passage causing the urge to urinate. Makes further sense that you have clumpy semen balls as they hardened. Request the PCP for a urinalysis so you can do it before you see them. Make sure to masturbate the night before. If there's semen in your urine, you've got your answer.
Thanks

Today I’m having a dull ache in my testicles and some minor pain/aches in my lower back. Getting anxious to see the GP now. Will definitely request urinalysis, as I’m starting to suspect infection of some kind.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
The original manufacturer of Levofloxacin halted production a few (sic; half a decade ago) years ago.

If it was me, I'd quit taking it early. I don't like to be alarmist but there is a risk of side effects in a certain percentage of people. Like draw said, it's not first line for this sort of thing.

They hit hard and do their job is why they maybe skirted safety studies. They were going to be the new wonder antibiotic-- there was a lot of pressure to make them a success, and if I remember correctly the Bush Admin had a hand in them. There were conflict of interest issues that came up during the various drugs approvals.

I think that, overall, the side effects I've experienced have been overwhelmingly mild. A couple days of soreness, my bowels being torn up and an upset stomach...and that's about it, I think.

I'd definitely take that over stopping the prescription early and risking the nut-rot coming back.

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider

1615347666856.jpeg

• 1Worf

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Woke up and found swallowing but not chewing caused kinda of an ache as well as kinda a pulled muscle pinch back off throat area. Nearly 24 hrs later still there though i ate a sandwich with far less discomfort. On the other hand randomly felt my throat and on the painful side it's slightly tender the more you press and has a noticable lump by touch though not visually.

Assume lymph nodes but don't think I've ever had one blow up and be like this. Do i have the coof, cancer or?

Last edited:

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Woke up about 4 days ago with ear-like fullness. Attempted to clear the ears, it would cause pain only on one side. Thought it may be ear wax, so I lavaged my ear but nothing came out. Now I'm on prednisone 60mg every day with an urgent hearing test to rule out sudden sensorineural hearing loss.

Sludig Sludig sounds like you may have a peritonsilar abscess or dental/tooth infection. Yes, they can cause significant lymph node inflammation.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
So, I took my last Levofloxacin on Sunday. Felt good, no pain. Made it all the way to Thursday night. Then for some reason, for about 30m-1 hour, my groin was sore again. Not like super painful, but the kind of sore where you aren't sure WTF it is. Sprain? Blue-balls? No idea.

So I thought about it all night, and was still debating it when I got to work. The pain had gone away well before I went to bed, and hadn't come back. But I figured I'd err on the side of caution, and call the Dr's office to be sure. Talked to a nurse around 9:30am and she said she'd talk to the Dr.

I still wasn't sure if I wasn't just wasting my time and their time. Well, until about noon, when the soreness came back. Then it just started ramping up slowly all afternoon, until they called me back and told me to go pick up another 7 days worth. Which I just did.

So now I'm waiting for this pain to fade away, because it sure got sharper around 5-6 tonight.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
If the Levaquin didn't clear it up, they should've started you on Ofloxacin with a shot of Ceftriaxone in the butt.

• 2Like

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
If the Levaquin didn't clear it up, they should've started you on Ofloxacin with a shot of Ceftriaxone in the butt.
Well, hopefully this will be the end of it.

First night on the second round was pretty much like the last time: 70 degrees felt like 90 and I've been awake since 4am LOL

But no pain so far today!

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Got a new prescription last week. Still haven't taken any. Still heavily on the fence. Perocet. Dr. in talks with Mayo floated the idea of an immune supressent. Of course almost no insurance pays for it.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Welp, went to Key West and now have the Covid. I am about 5 days in - Had a fever to start Thursday (Small one) but that went away Friday with some Aleve. Over the weekend which was supposed to be drunk gaming weekend, that turned into sleep weekend. Tested Positive on Saturday two days ago. So basically now just super tired, run down, HUGE brain fog which I do not like, breathing seems to be ok and every once in a while a split second where my head hurts and then that goes away. Wondering if I am on the mend but I hear it's a yo yo for the next week and a half. Based on what I am hearing I am fairly lucky so far.

Anyone here had Covid yet?

• 1Thoughts & Prayers