Health Problems

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
When I was interviewing for a job at Mayo in Rochester, I was told that it is quite common for middle eastern royalty to fly their family and friends straight in and pay in cash, even for minor ailments. Apparently there are also exceptionally high rates of rare inherited disorders because there is less genetic diversity there, and they often require unique / specialized treatment. They are willing to fly across the world for the top-tier medical care without a second thought, and Mayo is pretty much the best of the best.

Maybe that story was embellished to impress me, but it worked!

It's true. Worked at a top-tier rehab hospital; we had two Saudis who were self-pay when I was there, both of whom had been there for several months. Sometimes the hospital got an equipment donation afterward, as well.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Spent the evening at the ER. Woke up day before yesterday at 3am with excruciating pain in my right flank that subsided after an hour, but last night it returned with a vengeance. I've never been in so much pain in my life and advil wouldn't even put a dent in it. They did a CT and diagnosed me with a 4mm kidney stone, gave me some morphine which did jack shit, and then some taradol which was a miracle worker. Sent me home with a script for ibuprofen 800mg and tylenol #3's and they aren't doing jack shit this morning. Feel like I'm gonna jump out of my skin it's so bad. Fuuuckk.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Kidney stones we usually treat with diclofenac suppositories (nsaid) and tamsulosin (tabl), paracetamol for the general pain and morphine pn. Antibiotics too if there’s sign of infection. Nsaid to temporary lower the urin production / pressure from above the stone, tamsulosin to relax the ureters letting the stone pass. Morphine to take any excess pain.

It’s the male equivalent of giving birth - Godspeed.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Spent the evening at the ER. Woke up day before yesterday at 3am with excruciating pain in my right flank that subsided after an hour, but last night it returned with a vengeance. I've never been in so much pain in my life and advil wouldn't even put a dent in it. They did a CT and diagnosed me with a 4mm kidney stone, gave me some morphine which did jack shit, and then some taradol which was a miracle worker. Sent me home with a script for ibuprofen 800mg and tylenol #3's and they aren't doing jack shit this morning. Feel like I'm gonna jump out of my skin it's so bad. Fuuuckk.

Raw apple cider vinegar, 1 tablespoon and 8oz water twice a day

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Raw apple cider vinegar. I feel like Raw is an unnecessary qualifier.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Raw apple cider vinegar. I feel like Raw is an unnecessary qualifier.

Raw just means it still has the live culture of bacteria in it. There is a higher concentration of acetic acid with raw/unfiltered ACV which is where most of its health benefits come from.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Depends on what composition the stone has, and causes to its forming. Not really helpful in the hyper acute setting with pain, imho. If you don’t have uptodate.com then here’s good ol’ wikithustra. Anyway it’s a small stone that will pass (<5mm) without shockwave treatment or surgery.

Shouldn't really matter. Acetic acid dissolves kidney stones. Pretty much makes them impossible to even form in the first place.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Shouldn't really matter. Acetic acid dissolves kidney stones. Pretty much makes them impossible to even form in the first place.
It shouldn’t? Oh. I was uder the impression that different stone compositions and sizes exists, and them having different causes, treatment and prevention options. Would you say vinegar and water is the solution to all stones in all situations?

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Depends on what composition the stone has, and causes to its forming. Not really helpful in the hyper acute setting with pain, imho. If you don’t have uptodate.com then here’s good ol’ wikithustra. Anyway it’s a small stone that will pass (<5mm) without shockwave treatment or surgery.

It’s 4mm and supposedly hanging out near the entry of my ureter, so they are expecting it to pass. The only question is whether I put a shotgun in my mouth before that happens. Girl I’m seeing has some extra Vicodin’s she’s bringing over as these Tylenols with codeine aren’t cutting it, and none of the doctors want to prescribe anything hardcore. The primary worry is that I’ve drank a ton since yesterday, but hardly have been peeing at all. Not sure where it’s all going. They didn’t seem to believe me because they said it’s not blocking my ureter and obviously my other kidney is fine.

edit: and yeah, I’ve been taking 2tbsp of apple cider vinegar a day as well since I read that online. Stuff tastes like shit.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
It’s 4mm and supposedly hanging out near the entry of my ureter, so they are expecting it to pass. The only question is whether I put a shotgun in my mouth before that happens. Girl I’m seeing has some extra Vicodin’s she’s bringing over as these Tylenols with codeine aren’t cutting it, and none of the doctors want to prescribe anything hardcore. The primary worry is that I’ve drank a ton since yesterday, but hardly have been peeing at all. Not sure where it’s all going. They didn’t seem to believe me because they said it’s not blocking my ureter and obviously my other kidney is fine.

edit: and yeah, I’ve been taking 2tbsp of apple cider vinegar a day as well since I read that online. Stuff tastes like shit.
If it’s ct diagnosed / verified (as you suggest by small sized, 4mm), you should be on flomax (tamsulosin) + nsaid + paracetamol to make it pass as painless and fast as possible. Sometimes we give a few 5-10 mg morphine tabl. in addition for the break through pain. The acidic / alkalic treatments on top depends on the stone composition, but yeah it wont make it worse with the vinegar. It helps if the stone is alkalic based, which is guess work without analysis (e.g. If you have them regularly).

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
If it’s ct diagnosed / verified (as you suggest by small sized, 4mm), you should be on flomax (tamsulosin) + nsaid + paracetamol to make it pass as painless and fast as possible. Sometimes we give a few 5-10 mg morphine tabl. in addition for the break through pain. The acidic / alkalic treatments on top depends on the stone composition, but yeah it wont make it worse with the vinegar. It helps if the stone is alkalic based, which is guess work without analysis (e.g. If you have them regularly).

Yeah it was diagnosed by CT. The hospital experience was actually quite nice, was in and out in about 3 hours. Probably would have even been quicker if I didn't have to deal with the COVID screening crap at the start. They did prescribe me Flomax as well, but I've never even seen paracetamol in the States. Can't say I've ever had kidney stones before, but I did have the exact same pain years ago in the middle of the night, but it went away after 15 minutes and never felt it again.

All I can say at this point is that having to piss out a 4mm sized stone sounds pretty fucking scary. Not as scary as the procedure involving shoving some grabit-claw up my dick hole to pull it out they mentioned, but still bad.

• 1Like

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Yeah, paracetamol = acetaminophen. Standard painkiller. Tylenol, afaik, can have some additional active ingredients, like codeine, so not over the counter in that combo in my part of eurocuckistan.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
It shouldn’t? Oh. I was uder the impression that different stone compositions and sizes exists, and them having different causes, treatment and prevention options. Would you say vinegar and water is the solution to all stones in all situations?

It doesn't matter. It will dissolve any mineral that contributes to the stone(s). The cause is always the same as it's completely a diet related issue so that's irrelevant. So ya, I'd say that it's basically the ultimate remedy for the problem. However, the underlying cause must be addressed otherwise they'll return if they just go back to their previous habits/diet.

• 1Moron

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Garlic.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
In addition to all the other crap I've got going on I can't be in the sun now. All the doctors and nurses tell me I'm super pale/white. I did get a lot of sun in the spring about the time the lockdown started.

Yesterday sitting on the porch sun was on one arm and one leg for about 20 minutes. Came in incrediably weak. So today to see if it was the sun or what I went and sat in the direct sun for about 5 minutes. Nearly had to crawl back in the house. So weak. My skin hates me in general and now this.