Health Problems

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Welp, went to Key West and now have the Covid. I am about 5 days in - Had a fever to start Thursday (Small one) but that went away Friday with some Aleve. Over the weekend which was supposed to be drunk gaming weekend, that turned into sleep weekend. Tested Positive on Saturday two days ago. So basically now just super tired, run down, HUGE brain fog which I do not like, breathing seems to be ok and every once in a while a split second where my head hurts and then that goes away. Wondering if I am on the mend but I hear it's a yo yo for the next week and a half. Based on what I am hearing I am fairly lucky so far.

Anyone here had Covid yet?
Day 9-13 is the bomb. Go to the ER when you can’t reach the bathroom bc out of breath. Godspeed.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Utnayen was always bad at reviewing games, and bat reviewing colds. In other news my cum hit my face today. feel Like I'm 20 and still have it going on.

• 2Worf
  • 1Wow!
Reactions: 2 users

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Anyone here had Covid yet?

My parents, sister and brother in law have all had it. It was a bit different for each of them, but it was multiple weeks of suck for all. So far the worst I've had was having my brain poked with a q-tip a couple times.

I guess being fairly antisocial has it's benefits.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Pisses me off. I did 5 days of a 1,000 mg infusion of methyl prednisone and kept my blood sugar under control no problem at all. I take 5mg twice a day of prednisone and shit goes haywire after just 3 days.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Day 9-13 is the bomb. Go to the ER when you can’t reach the bathroom bc out of breath. Godspeed.

Let’s hope it is hitting me different. So far day6/7 I’m just tired and still no fever after the initial and have not had any breathing problems.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
My sinuses have been acting up this week so I stirred 3 tablespoons of pickled pepper juice into my cheese grits. Cured.
nose flutes GIF

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 3 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
My sinuses have been acting up this week so I stirred 3 tablespoons of pickled pepper juice into my cheese grits. Cured.
nose flutes GIF
Correct. My mom refuses to even hear this when she spent half the winter stuffed up from various colds. Oh well.

• 1Like

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
If the Levaquin didn't clear it up, they should've started you on Ofloxacin with a shot of Ceftriaxone in the butt.
OK, so far it was:

Wait about a week to get into to see GP, thinking I had a hernia
GP prescribes 10 days of levofloxacin and I go get ultrasounds
They say it's epididymitis
Pain improves, but ~4 days after I finish the full 10 days, the pain comes back
GP prescribes another 7 days of levofloxacin
Pain comes back 3-4 (?) days into the prescription

So I called them on a Wednesday, because the pain was CLEARLY back, and I only had pills until Friday, and I was thinking of trying to get an appt before the weekend. I call; leave a message for the nurse. Nurse calls me back early Thursday. We talk, and they get me a referral for Urology. They tell me to call them immediately to set up an appointment, so I do. And this is where the "WTF?" started.

Urology tells me: "hmmm...we're really booked...not sure when we can get you in". At first it looked like the wait was going to be 2-3 weeks, but they manage to get me in 11 days from the day I called them.

I ask the lady on the phone what the hell I'm supposed to do for the next 11 days. Her answer was 1) we can't give you any advice/direction until you have your first visit with us, and 2) if the pain gets worse, either call your GP back, or go to the ER.

Well, FUCK going to the ER if I can help it, so I call the GP's office back. They never answer; goes to voice mail. I hang up and call front desk. I try to explain to the lady what's going on, and she cuts me short and tells me she'll forward me to the nurse...and it goes right back to the same fucking voicemail.

Nurse eventually calls me back. I tell her what the situation is. I don't want to hang in fucking limbo for 11 days with an infection in my fucking testicle. She tells me...that she's going to try messaging the Dr to ask him what to do. It's now Friday. I don't even know if the Dr was in the office. She did not call me back again. I called the line a couple of times; got the voicemail but didn't leave a message because I was angry.

I was absolutely expecting to be in pain all weekend. But..miraculously...I was only 'sore'. I was not bent over in pain.

Nurse calls me back on Monday. We talk. I do the stupid thing, and instead of lying to her and telling her that I was in severe agony (I wasn't) I tell her the truth that the pain wasn't bad over the weekend. So she takes the opportunity to tell me...."weeell...let's see how it goes...if it gets worse, call us back, or..." (you guessed it) "...go to the ER"

Well, fuck my tits. A whole lot of fucking wasted time to tell me what I'd already been told, and had to just fucking put up with it until the Urology appointment. EDIT: so spent a bit over a week just gritting my teeth and trying to ignore the discomfort/soreness. I did a lot of walking/climbing around in a food plant that week, which was A TON OF FUCKING FUN with this, LOL.

So Urology was today. Once I saw the Urologist, the appointment was...MAYBE...5m long. Drop trousers, hmmm, 'yeah infection'.

This Dr tells me that he doesn't do anything less than 30 days of antibiotics to start (I guess?), and that the 10+7 was too shirt/intermittent. He also said he was going to prescribe something else (started with 'doxy'? so maybe doxycycline?). Oh, and take lots of ibuprofin I think? For swelling I guess.

No Ceftriaxone though (?)

The Pharmacy couldn't get it ready today, so I have to bounce over there tomorrow. But I think I had like 3 different people tell me to stay out of the fucking sun while on this shit, and I couldn't help but think "IDGAF about getting sunburnt, people, I'm just tired of this [now]-intermittent pain/discomfort, and I don't want my fucking testicles to rot away"

One thing that started in the last 10-12 days, was that my fucking hips have been sore AS FUCK. No idea why. Maybe it was the Levaquin? I dunno. But I asked the urologist and he was just like "Yeah, no idea, but that's not from this"

Hard to even scrape together a fuck to give at this point, LOL

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
OK, so far it was:

So I called them on a Wednesday, because the pain was CLEARLY back, and I only had pills until Friday, and I was thinking of trying to get an appt before the weekend. I call; leave a message for the nurse. Nurse calls me back early Thursday. We talk, and they get me a referral for Urology. They tell me to call them immediately to set up an appointment, so I do. And this is where the "WTF?" started.

Urology tells me: "hmmm...we're really booked...not sure when we can get you in". At first it looked like the wait was going to be 2-3 weeks, but they manage to get me in 11 days from the day I called them.

I ask the lady on the phone what the hell I'm supposed to do for the next 11 days. Her answer was 1) we can't give you any advice/direction until you have your first visit with us, and 2) if the pain gets worse, either call your GP back, or go to the ER.

Well, FUCK going to the ER if I can help it, so I call the GP's office back. They never answer; goes to voice mail. I hang up and call front desk. I try to explain to the lady what's going on, and she cuts me short and tells me she'll forward me to the nurse...and it goes right back to the same fucking voicemail.

Nurse eventually calls me back. I tell her what the situation is. I don't want to hang in fucking limbo for 11 days with an infection in my fucking testicle. She tells me...that she's going to try messaging the Dr to ask him what to do. It's now Friday. I don't even know if the Dr was in the office. She did not call me back again. I called the line a couple of times; got the voicemail but didn't leave a message because I was angry.

I was absolutely expecting to be in pain all weekend. But..miraculously...I was only 'sore'. I was not bent over in pain.

Nurse calls me back on Monday. We talk. I do the stupid thing, and instead of lying to her and telling her that I was in severe agony (I wasn't) I tell her the truth that the pain wasn't bad over the weekend. So she takes the opportunity to tell me...."weeell...let's see how it goes...if it gets worse, call us back, or..." (you guessed it) "...go to the ER"

Well, fuck my tits. A whole lot of fucking wasted time to tell me what I'd already been told, and had to just fucking put up with it until the Urology appointment. EDIT: so spent a bit over a week just gritting my teeth and trying to ignore the discomfort/soreness. I did a lot of walking/climbing around in a food plant that week, which was A TON OF FUCKING FUN with this, LOL.

So Urology was today. Once I saw the Urologist, the appointment was...MAYBE...5m long. Drop trousers, hmmm, 'yeah infection'.

This Dr tells me that he doesn't do anything less than 30 days of antibiotics to start (I guess?), and that the 10+7 was too shirt/intermittent. He also said he was going to prescribe something else (started with 'doxy'? so maybe doxycycline?). Oh, and take lots of ibuprofin I think? For swelling I guess.

The Pharmacy couldn't get it ready today, so I have to bounce over there tomorrow. But I think I had like 3 different people tell me to stay out of the fucking sun while on this shit, and I couldn't help but think "IDGAF about getting sunburnt, people, I'm just tired of this [now]-intermittent pain/discomfort, and I don't want my fucking testicles to rot away"

One thing that started in the last 10-12 days, was that my fucking hips have been sore AS FUCK. No idea why. Maybe it was the Levaquin? I dunno. But I asked the urologist and he was just like "Yeah, no idea, but that's not from this"

Our medical system is a disaster. I run into so many problems and unexpected bills/lies every time I just avoid the fuck out of it now.

• 2Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Uncle Ut - 99% over Covid.

Wasn't that bad. Weird virus though. Was bad the first two days - kind of just achy with no fever for 3 - fever came back for 5 but was low grade - Basically my medication plan prescribed via Dr. Utnayan was Vicks Vapor Rub at night before bed, Ibuprofen in the morning and night, a 12 hour mucinex DM in the morning and one at night. Then I felt sinus pressure all over and nothing was draining - did a telehealth visit and got some antibiotics last Wednesday. Finished the last one last night.

Two weekends and not one solid cocktail. Which is ok though after Key West I needed a break.

• 2Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
OK, so far it was:

Jesus Christ :( Is this Canada? I forgot.

• 1Like

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Script is 100mg doxycycline twice a day for 30 days.

I feel for the grocery-store pharmacy I go to. They're always fucking slammed, but now they're having to juggle COVID vaccinations too. I asked about the dairy restriction with this antibiotic (did some Google-fu earlier) and the girl at the register was like "let me get the pharmacist". The poor pharmacist stood up from behind this rack of prescriptions looking like someone out of the trenches of WW1. She just got blind-sided by my question and you could see her trying to recall before rattling off basically what I'd already read online. I kind of felt like a dick for even asking.

The COVID vaccinations are a separate sore spot. My company has people who are energy sector, utilities, etc, and some of us have been signed up for 'early' vaccinations since the window opened. Few, if any, have been contacted about getting a shot. A few have been refreshing their browser throughout the day and then catching when HyVee opens up another batch of vaccines. They got their vaccination by way of 'getting lucky'.

So now, the media is reporting on vaccine availability and I have friends across the state line WHO HAVE ALREADY BEEN VACCINATED. They literally found some ways to get vaccinated, while people in earlier tiers/groups are still waiting. What is even the point of singing up and waiting patiently, when people are able to just call around until they find somewhere that will add them almost instantly? I have friends that LITERALLY work from home and rarely leave their house...who are now vaccinated. Now they're calling everyone and planning parties/get-togethers, with the catch being "you have to be vaccinated". From their perspective, they managed to find a vaccine somewhere, so everyone else should also be able to as well, I guess.

I'm pissed at how badly they've handled the rollout while simultaneously jerking off about how many 'total' doses they've managed to get out. And I suspect it's down to the individual states and municipalities.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Script is 100mg doxycycline twice a day for 30 days.

I feel for the grocery-store pharmacy I go to. They're always fucking slammed, but now they're having to juggle COVID vaccinations too. I asked about the dairy restriction with this antibiotic (did some Google-fu earlier) and the girl at the register was like "let me get the pharmacist". The poor pharmacist stood up from behind this rack of prescriptions looking like someone out of the trenches of WW1. She just got blind-sided by my question and you could see her trying to recall before rattling off basically what I'd already read online. I kind of felt like a dick for even asking.

The COVID vaccinations are a separate sore spot. My company has people who are energy sector, utilities, etc, and some of us have been signed up for 'early' vaccinations since the window opened. Few, if any, have been contacted about getting a shot. A few have been refreshing their browser throughout the day and then catching when HyVee opens up another batch of vaccines. They got their vaccination by way of 'getting lucky'.

So now, the media is reporting on vaccine availability and I have friends across the state line WHO HAVE ALREADY BEEN VACCINATED. They literally found some ways to get vaccinated, while people in earlier tiers/groups are still waiting. What is even the point of singing up and waiting patiently, when people are able to just call around until they find somewhere that will add them almost instantly? I have friends that LITERALLY work from home and rarely leave their house...who are now vaccinated. Now they're calling everyone and planning parties/get-togethers, with the catch being "you have to be vaccinated". From their perspective, they managed to find a vaccine somewhere, so everyone else should also be able to as well, I guess.

I'm pissed at how badly they've handled the rollout while simultaneously jerking off about how many 'total' doses they've managed to get out. And I suspect it's down to the individual states and municipalities.
Don’t feel bad for the pharmacist. They make a lot of money and don’t do a whole lot that a database or robot couldn’t do.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Don’t feel bad for the pharmacist. They make a lot of money and don’t do a whole lot that a database or robot couldn’t do.

No, its turned into a shitty job. The Pharmacy schools pumped out a glut of new Pharms which has drove down wages while at the same time they ARE always slammed and expected to work insane hours.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
No, its turned into a shitty job. The Pharmacy schools pumped out a glut of new Pharms which has drove down wages while at the same time they ARE always slammed and expected to work insane hours.
Which they are compensated for. Retail pharmacists make hourly wages at $60-70 an hour and tons of OT. It’s a shit job but at least they’re making $200k a year. The same shit job comparison could be said for $16 an hour Amazon workers or any other high hour low wage job. They’re always slammed and work insane hours, but they get to make $40k a year.

Yeah retail pharmacy is a shitty job but so are their pharm techs which do 90% of what the pharmacist do at 1/5th of the price.

Specialist pharmacists, research, etc. are in a different category where they don’t have all the shittiness of retail but there aren’t a lot of those to go around.

My point still stands. They’re overpaid and most of them are pointless. Databases can tell you drug reactions. Robots and vision systems can count pills. Computers and Robots can do compounding calculations. The glut of pharmacists are kept employed by the board of pharmacists, made up of pharmacists, and regulations that vary from state to state. Most of their work could be done by pharm techs, robots, and databases but the board of pharmacy keeps them protected.

Drug prices could lower drastically by replacing those bullshit regulations.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
20 years ago the profession was worth the school it required, now it is not. There are far better and easier ways to get a return on a education involving higher maths and sciences than pharmacy. I don't know why you brought warehouse workers or pharmacy techs into this, they don't require 8+ years of higher ed in actual hard subjects.

retail pharmacy now is 12+ hour shifts with no down time. And lord help you if your store has a drive through.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
20 years ago the profession was worth the school it required, now it is not. There are far better and easier ways to get a return on a education involving higher maths and sciences than pharmacy. I don't know why you brought warehouse workers or pharmacy techs into this, they don't require 8+ years of higher ed in actual hard subjects.

retail pharmacy now is 12+ hour shifts with no down time. And lord help you if your store has a drive through.
Because you said it’s become a shitty job with long hours. My point was that could be said for a ton of professions but they don’t have the high pay to make up for the shittiness like pharmacists do. Which is why I told him not to feel bad for the pharmacists. Feel bad for the desk worker and pharm tech type people from his earlier story who have to deal with the same type of retardation from customers with nothing to compensate for the shitty job.

Pharmacists were important 20+ years ago due to memorizing interactions and side effects and everything. Those things can be replaced by bar codes, computers and databases now and a pharm tech could do most of the job. We don’t really need mandatory numbers of pharmacists per employee like they regulate now.

I’m not implying retail pharmacist job doesn’t suck, just saying they’re paid very well for that suck, compared to a lot of others that have the same amount of suck with drastically lower pay and very similar hours, responsibilities and headache.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Erronius Erronius Try to stay out of the sun. Eat food to soak up acid. Be prepared for nausea. Do NOT take your doxy <1 hour before going to bed or if you will have a serious upset stomach.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Erronius Erronius Try to stay out of the sun. Eat food to soak up acid. Be prepared for nausea. Do NOT take your doxy <1 hour before going to bed or if you will have a serious upset stomach.
Erronius Erronius take the sun shit seriously. If you have to go out use high SPF sun blocker. And make sure you get every spot or prepare to have hard to reach areas like your lower back get a nasty sunburn within a very short time. Also be prepared to have a hand shaped outline burned into your chest where you missed scrubbing the lotion all around on that side.

• 1Worf