Health Problems

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
A few weeks ago I started waking up after 2-3 hours of sleep and not being able to get back to sleep. So I would eventually get out of bed and end up sleeping again during the day. Even the days when I forced myself to stay awake during the day would not enable me to get a full nights sleep.

I tried over the counter meds but they didn't help. Was also prescribed Zopiclone, but that didn't help either

I was away from 28 August to 6 September and slept like a baby the entire time, over eight hours of sleep a night with few interruptions. It wasn't a holiday, because I still had to get up and work from my airbnb. I was still exercising. I was eating more and eating more carbs, but those are the only real differences. The airbnb was also much brighter than my bedroom.

Came home and instantly back to 3-4 hours of sleep a night
Stop doing cocaine?

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
rick james cocaine GIF
Happy Season 6 GIF by The Simpsons
flying jet lag GIF
Stressed Over It GIF by HULU
Getting Old Baby Boomer GIF by MOODMAN

Many possibilites, Ossoi Ossoi
The good Dr beat me too it!

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Izo

Tranny Chaser
There's nothing different except the location.

I don't have anything in the room except the bed. I have blackout curtains.

I stopped consuming caffeine after midday

The only possible difference is spending more time on my desktop pc at home, and less time on my laptop abroad.

The only thing I can think of is that it's psychological at this point, but that doesn't explain why it suddenly started a few weeks ago

Consider that cocaine can mess with your long term sleep patterns. It’s one of many withdrawel symptoms. You could stop doing it entirely. Also cocaine is a known cause of blood clots, and who wants those?

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

Consider that cocaine can mess with your long term sleep patterns. It’s one of many withdrawel symptoms. You could stop doing it entirely. Also cocaine is a known cause of blood clots, and who wants those?

I don't do cocaine and haven't since July. My sleep problems started in early August.

Looking at my fitbit, I was abroad in early august and got

8hr sleep, 9hr56mins, 9hrs, 9hr45.

I then came home and immediately started sleeping 2-4 hours. I then went away for just over a week, went back to 8 hours+, then came home and back to 2-4.

Last night I had some alcohol and slept 6hr25 mins, but alcohol sedated sleep isn't as restorative as normal sleep and it's not a healthy strategy for sleeping.

The point is, I sleep fine when I go away, but can't sleep at home. That's literally the only difference

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I don't do cocaine and haven't since July. My sleep problems started in early August.

I then came home and immediately started sleeping 2-4 hours. I then went away for just over a week, went back to 8 hours+, then came home and back to 2-4.

Last night I had some alcohol and slept 6hr25 mins, but alcohol sedated sleep isn't as restorative as normal sleep and it's not a healthy strategy for sleeping.

The point is, I sleep fine when I go away, but can't sleep at home. That's literally the only difference

Izo

Tranny Chaser

Psych then. Maybe you need to let yourself go for a while when you’re home, so as to not make your brain anxious. I donno man, all work and no play makes Ossoi Ossoi an insomniac.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Psych then. Maybe you need to let yourself go for a while when you’re home, so as to not make your brain anxious. I donno man, all work and no play makes Ossoi Ossoi an insomniac.

I work for myself and am my own boss. Like I keep saying, there's nothing different at home. My trips abroad aren't "holidays" in the sense that I completely shut off work wise.

Anyway, repeating myself now

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I work for myself and am my own boss. Like I keep saying, there's nothing different at home. My trips abroad aren't "holidays" in the sense that I completely shut off work wise.

Anyway, repeating myself now
Yeah, it’s cool. Talk to your gp, maybe. Can’t help you bro, sorry :/

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I've been getting weird rashes and hives on my hands and arms lately, for 2+ months now. They come and go and washing the site makes them clear up faster, so it has to be an allergy right? Lately i've cut out wheat (2+ weeks) and caffeine (1+ week).

The strange thing is, i've tried several OTC anti-histamines and they all make my symptoms much worse. Last Dr Visit all they gave me was some prednisone for 6 days which seemed to work well for a few days but they can't give any more of that. They want me to come in and see an allergist.

But why would anti-histamines make them worse? i took an Allegra this morning around 9, and right now both my arms are full of red spots and bumps. It doesn't itch very much if I keep washing them. It does the same thing with Claritin, Zyrec and Benadryl though. I told my doctor this and they didn't seem to believe me, but taking anti-histamines legitimately makes these things 10 times worse.

(I'm pretty sure the allergy is to some CBD products I've been taking, and I haven't taken any in a little over 2 weeks and the rashes have been getting slowly better but I thought i'd try an Allegra today to see what happens, and something that looks like chicken pox happened basically).

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I've been getting weird rashes and hives on my hands and arms lately, for 2+ months now. They come and go and washing the site makes them clear up faster, so it has to be an allergy right? Lately i've cut out wheat (2+ weeks) and caffeine (1+ week).

The strange thing is, i've tried several OTC anti-histamines and they all make my symptoms much worse. Last Dr Visit all they gave me was some prednisone for 6 days which seemed to work well for a few days but they can't give any more of that. They want me to come in and see an allergist.

But why would anti-histamines make them worse? i took an Allegra this morning around 9, and right now both my arms are full of red spots and bumps. It doesn't itch very much if I keep washing them. It does the same thing with Claritin, Zyrec and Benadryl though. I told my doctor this and they didn't seem to believe me, but taking anti-histamines legitimately makes these things 10 times worse.

(I'm pretty sure the allergy is to some CBD products I've been taking, and I haven't taken any in a little over 2 weeks and the rashes have been getting slowly better but I thought i'd try an Allegra today to see what happens, and something that looks like chicken pox happened basically).
make sure it's not fungal?

• 1Like

Break

make sure it's not fungal?
How would I do that?

Interesting, when I googled it, here's what came up. The bigger spots on my arm right now look almost exactly like this, less white in the middle though.

1632163867237.png

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
How would I do that?

Interesting, when I googled it, here's what came up. The bigger spots on my arm right now look almost exactly like this, less white in the middle though.

View attachment 373547
i think thats were a doc does that doctor test, or just pick up a bottle of tinactin and just hope it sprays away

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Break

Went to an acute care place, my doctor couldn’t see me today, guess im not important enough. They thought it was just hives and gave me some prednisone. They weren’t convinced by the picture even though its pretty much identical. I did pick up a bunch of Tinactin cream though so I’ll try both. Also they had no clue why antihistamine would make them 20x worse.

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
Went to an acute care place, my doctor couldn’t see me today, guess im not important enough. They thought it was just hives and gave me some prednisone. They weren’t convinced by the picture even though its pretty much identical. I did pick up a bunch of Tinactin cream though so I’ll try both. Also they had no clue why antihistamine would make them 20x worse.
Take a picture of it when it happens so your doc can take a look eventually.

• 1Like

Break

Take a picture of it when it happens so your doc can take a look eventually.
Done. I should mention at the Acute Care place they only had RN's available, the first RN had no clue and she immediately brought in an another for a consult. They both agreed they looked just like the google image for a fungal infection but she thought they "weren't itchy enough for a fungal infection" apparently. They're itchy, but apparently since I wasn't clawing at them the whole time it wasn't enough or something.

I left a message for my primary care doctor, I guess I'll go in and see him with the pictures if I have to, but damn I don't want to go through that again. I had red welt looking things from head to toes today, I must have looked like a leper patient as I went to the pharmacy and was trying to avoid people in the aisles lol.

I have a giant bottle of anti-histamines, I used to take them all the time in the past for random allergies and never had these issues.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I think the fact that they go away faster when you wash the site indicates that they are in fact fungal. Do you shower every day? Are you obese with lots of folds? Fungus loves warm, moist places that do not get cleaned.

• 1Barf

Break

I think the fact that they go away faster when you wash the site indicates that they are in fact fungal. Do you shower every day? Are you obese with lots of folds? Fungus loves warm, moist places that do not get cleaned.
I went back the doctor last week, my monstrous hive outbreak had completely cleared up in 24 hours but i showed him some pictures and he was very impressed. He didn't think it was a fungus either and I get hives on my hands even though I wash them many times a day so I agreed to see an allergist but I think it's probably just CBD oil doing it.

I haven't taken any in at least 3 weeks and it's been getting progressively better each day since, yesterday I hardly had any symptoms. Also I'm doing a 30 hour water-only fast today and today has been worse than all last week combined, indicating whatever is causing it is in my liver and stored fat... e.g. CBD oil which the cannabanoids can apparently linger for a long time. The symptoms appear many hours or even days after taking it and I haven't found any allergy medication that does anything to help, they all just make it worse somehow and Allegra makes it 20x worse.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
So this isnt a major health crisis, but I’m looking into suggestions for preventing hair loss and has anyone here had any results with any type of treatment?
Was thinking of Rogaine, but the product is designed for a specific type of hair loss

9ED41088-C596-441B-BEE9-C2A9B17C7976.jpeg

Not sure if my hair loss is the recommended pattern for this

585870E0-AB65-45FF-AC6B-100BDCA1CB30.jpeg

B1FEB0AA-6BB3-42F2-B647-452162127925.jpeg

FEBC0145-1D1D-4AD9-BD89-A8CEF2CBB610.jpeg

232902A4-DBA4-45E2-ADB7-B506EC9798D4.jpeg

so I know it’s not going to do much for the receding hairline, but does that spot towards the top/back look like a good candidate?

I wanted advice before plunking down time and money on any type of treatments.

fortunately, I look good with a shaved head: I’d like to keep my hair as long as possible because of my cosplay hobby

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
So this isnt a major health crisis, but I’m looking into suggestions for preventing hair loss and has anyone here had any results with any type of treatment?
Was thinking of Rogaine, but the product is designed for a specific type of hair loss

View attachment 375131
Not sure if my hair loss is the recommended pattern for this

so I know it’s not going to do much for the receding hairline, but does that spot towards the top/back look like a good candidate?

I wanted advice before plunking down time and money on any type of treatments.

fortunately, I look good with a shaved head: I’d like to keep my hair as long as possible because of my cosplay hobby
Grab some Minoxidil foam from Costco. They have 6-months for like $40 or something, and really you can use one pump a day and extend it to a year supply. Nizoral shampoo twice a week. I hopped on finasteride 1 mg a couple of years back, even after hearing all the horror stories. I've never had an issue with it at all. Completely stopped my hair loss, albeit I was pretty lucky, and it was only some on the crown.

To answer, yes, that foam and Nizoral shampoo is most effective on the crown.

• 1Like

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
Grab some Minoxidil foam from Costco. They have 6-months for like $40 or something, and really you can use one pump a day and extend it to a year supply. Nizoral shampoo twice a week. I hopped on finasteride 1 mg a couple of years back, even after hearing all the horror stories. I've never had an issue with it at all. Completely stopped my hair loss, albeit I was pretty lucky, and it was only some on the crown.

To answer, yes, that foam and Nizoral shampoo is most effective on the crown.
Ok so Nizoral looks like an anti dandruff shampoo; how will that help exactly? Not trying to be dismissive but I’ve heard biotin shampoo and conditioner works well for thinning hair as well