Health Problems

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
In my continued adventures fighting my allergies I am trying some hippy bullshit I heard from my dentist.

Get locally sourced honey that is raw and unpurified. The logic is that the bees do something to your local allergens that can help you adjust to it easier. I mean, it sounds fairly logical. I am on week two of 1 spoon of honey a day. Each time it causes a mild and immediate allergic reaction but I have noticed it getting weaker already so who knows.

Fucking hippies.
I've had insane food allergies appear out of nowhere about 2 years ago. Never had any kind of allergies that I knew of before that. Several years ago my dentist asked me about some peeling skin inside my mouth that comes off my cheeks. It didn't hurt or anything, he said it was an allergic reaction and I thought nothing more of it until last year when this started.

I have to mainly avoid Sucralose (splenda) which is in most toothpastes and causes peeling and hives. Also Corn and a few other things so my diet in the last 2 years has completely changed. Any kind of CBD Oil or Delta 8 causes several weeks of severe hives and mushy bowels, I think I'm allergic to something that CBD/Cannabanoids break down into, whatever compounds that stays in the body for weeks and months. Antihistamines don't do much, though I've found that taking Allegra close to bedtime helps somewhat.

Hope that honey helps you, I might try that regime myself because I've heard honey is really good for the liver and could help allergies in general.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Can also try going on a water fast for about 4 or 5 days. This will pretty much completely reset your entire immune system. Has a whole lot of other benefits too but that's the main one.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Can also try going on a water fast for about 4 or 5 days. This will pretty much completely reset your entire immune system. Has a whole lot of other benefits too but that's the main one.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Druss

Trakanon Raider
I've had insane food allergies appear out of nowhere about 2 years ago. Never had any kind of allergies that I knew of before that. Several years ago my dentist asked me about some peeling skin inside my mouth that comes off my cheeks. It didn't hurt or anything, he said it was an allergic reaction and I thought nothing more of it until last year when this started.

I have to mainly avoid Sucralose (splenda) which is in most toothpastes and causes peeling and hives. Also Corn and a few other things so my diet in the last 2 years has completely changed. Any kind of CBD Oil or Delta 8 causes several weeks of severe hives and mushy bowels, I think I'm allergic to something that CBD/Cannabanoids break down into, whatever compounds that stays in the body for weeks and months. Antihistamines don't do much, though I've found that taking Allegra close to bedtime helps somewhat.

Hope that honey helps you, I might try that regime myself because I've heard honey is really good for the liver and could help allergies in general.
Another thing that has had alot of success for people with severe food allergys is the carnavore diet. youtube videos by like jordan peterson and his daughter who have massive allergys to almost everything were helped alot by it.

• 1Like

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>

I read that as “peeing” and hives, and I thought, “what an interesting reaction.”

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This shingles vaccine sucks ass, was hoping the second shot wouldn't be as bad as the first, but nope.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Found out today after two sets of blood work and an ultrasound that somethings up with my liver. Not sure what, my enzymes are waaaay over norms and they said something didn't look right on the ultrasound, but they didn't see any masses.

I make an appointment Monday with a Hepatologist.

No history of liver issues with my family, I drink like once a month and only casually. I dunno what to think at the moment, just trying to stay calm till I know more.

• 4Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 3 users

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
You notice any changes in your skin color or the whites of your eyes gettin tinged yellowish ?

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Found out today after two sets of blood work and an ultrasound that somethings up with my liver. Not sure what, my enzymes are waaaay over norms and they said something didn't look right on the ultrasound, but they didn't see any masses.

No history of liver issues with my family, I drink like once a month and only casually. I dunno what to think at the moment, just trying to stay calm till I know more.
Have you recently started exercising or increased intensity of your exercise? Muscle damage increases liver enzyme production. Good luck at the doctor.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Have you recently started exercising or increased intensity of your exercise? Muscle damage increases liver enzyme production. Good luck at the doctor.

No, due to permanent nerve damage in my back half my right leg and foot are permanently numb while at the same time, experiencing sever neuropathy. PT has finally just got me to the point where I can start light workouts after some significant weight gain.

meds and weight gain have been ruled out.

only thing I can think that’s changed is I gave up the occasional sugary soda for sugar free (aspartame) ones, I have one, every day or two. But that amounts so small and my doctor thinks again that wouldn’t contribute to it.

so I dunno, I’ll find out soon hopefully.

• 1Like

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
No, due to permanent nerve damage in my back half my right leg and foot are permanently numb while at the same time, experiencing sever neuropathy. PT has finally just got me to the point where I can start light workouts after some significant weight gain.

meds and weight gain have been ruled out.

only thing I can think that’s changed is I gave up the occasional sugary soda for sugar free (aspartame) ones, I have one, every day or two. But that amounts so small and my doctor thinks again that wouldn’t contribute to it.

so I dunno, I’ll find out soon hopefully.
good luck.

• 1Like

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
I'd still steer clear of processed diet stuff for awhile. Sometimes diet food and drink is made with powdered ingredients imported from Chinese factories that do not have any real inspections or recalls.

• 1Like

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>

Did they already rule out meds? Liver enzymes can get wonky just from certain meds.

1677383626581.png

Don’t panic.

• 1Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
  • 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
yeah both medications I’m on have no side effects regarding liver function or the liver itself.
What meds are you taking? In America just about anything you've been taking more than a decade or two means you're essentially the guinea pig when it comes to long term side effects. They push stuff before they understand it.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
What meds are you taking? In America just about anything you've been taking more than a decade or two means you're essentially the guinea pig when it comes to long term side effects. They push stuff before they understand it.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>

I'm currently on Gabapentin and Amitriptyline, none of which has liver-related side effects. While Gabapentin has only been out 20 years, Amitriptyline has been on the market for around 60 years.

Both are to help the severe nerve pain I have in my foot and leg. The only thing they both cause for me pretty much is drowsiness and dry mouth.

My neurologist and the office I go to are the best in my state and in the top 10 nationwide, I trust them well enough.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I'm currently on Gabapentin and Amitriptyline, none of which has liver-related side effects. While Gabapentin has only been out 20 years, Amitriptyline has been on the market for around 60 years.

Both are to help the severe nerve pain I have in my foot and leg. The only thing they both cause for me pretty much is drowsiness and dry mouth.

My neurologist and the office I go to are the best in my state and in the top 10 nationwide, I trust them well enough.
What are you taking the gabapentin for? Pregabalin is a better substitute in many cases but gabapentin has been one of those "panacea" sort of medications that gets prescribed off label a lot. I wouldn't be surprised if years of gabapentin has been jamming up some liver enzymes. Pregabalin is preferable for many applications because the effective dose is much smaller. Some guys on gabapentin are taking multiple grams a day and I don't think it's healthy.

Me, I was given gabapentin and then switched to pregabalin to handle the nerve damage from my chemotherapy. Switching from Neurontin to Lyrica improved my memory greatly. That alone was worth the switch.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
If your gabapentin dose is pretty high and you drink on occasion then I would guess that is why your liver is out of whack.