Health Problems

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I have a bunch of tests coming back that are pointing toward something auto immune related.

got an appointment scheduled for end of March.
Prolonged fasting is showing promise for these kind of things. There's a lot of research pointing toward it being usefull.

etc...

You can find dozens of papers on this topic, of fasting improving symptoms, and sometimes even put auto immune disease in remission.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Prolonged fasting is showing promise for these kind of things. There's a lot of research pointing toward it being usefull.

etc...

You can find dozens of papers on this topic, of fasting improving symptoms, and sometimes even put auto immune disease in remission.

I've been doing intermittent fasting for about 9 months now.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gurgeh

I've been doing intermittent fasting for about 9 months now.
You've got different benefit from 48h+ fasting, especialy on the immune system. And it's suprisingly easy to got to long fast when you're used to IF.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
‘Intermittent’ is usually referring to a daily schedule, at least everything I’ve seen. I think 16/8 is pretty common, it’s what I aim for these days.

What about diet?

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
High volume, low calories high protein usually.

also whatever is going on with my liver is now causing my legs to get pitting edemas. So this is fun.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Seriously, look it up. High protein diet, liver dysfunction, edema. Fits. Does your doctor know about your fasting and diet?

When I say high protein I don’t mean ungodly levels, it’s usually pretty balanced, my diet was given to me by my nutritionist, which my Doctor signed off on. My uric acid levels were normal, nothing out of the ordinary.

• 2Like

Gurgeh

When I say high protein I don’t mean ungodly levels, it’s usually pretty balanced, my diet was given to me by my nutritionist, which my Doctor signed off on. My uric acid levels were normal, nothing out of the ordinary.
Nm i can't read

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Doctor has me coming in tomorrow now to make sure I don’t have a blood clot or infection.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
View attachment 460969
anyone used a posture corrector?
been having sharp muscle spasms for over a week, in the pic on the right, just above the middle vertical loop. after looking a ton of pixs, best guess is posture related.
You need PT. Propping yourself up might get some short-term relief but won't address the fundamental issue of muscular imbalance/weakness.

My wife was suffering from severe back pain for a couple months and had a total turnaround in 1-2 sessions. She's in good athletic shape but had a weak posterior chain that she was compensating for with her lumbar muscles.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Had some test results come back that could have indicated a blood clot to I spent all night in the ER (5pm till 11:30am) to get a CT of my chest and dopplers of my legs, and all came back negative. However they did see nodules on my lugs they want me to keep tabs on as there is a fraction of a chance they could turn cancerous later on.

They are now learning that my apnea is causing me to a-fib, impacting me in a way where fluids are building up. I have a referral for a cardiologist now.

That was a pretty stressful 16 hours though.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 4 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Htn an beetus alone on chadsvasc means doac. Echo for dynamics. If CHF anticongestives, diuretics.

Getting old sucks, fren.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
View attachment 460969
anyone used a posture corrector?
been having sharp muscle spasms for over a week, in the pic on the right, just above the middle vertical loop. after looking a ton of pixs, best guess is posture related.
Yeah I used one for awhile after my cancer was in my spine. Helped a ton. Mine was pretty similar to the one on the far right, seemed like a good design. For me also helped to use an abdominal / lumbar support sort of belt, even tho my pain was often higher up than that.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user