Health Problems

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Prolonged fasting is showing promise for these kind of things. There's a lot of research pointing toward it being usefull.

etc...

You can find dozens of papers on this topic, of fasting improving symptoms, and sometimes even put auto immune disease in remission.
Keto also can help reset the immune system. Keto isn't healthy long term but doing it for a few months can induce remission from immune problems.

This probably sounds like a Lumi thing to say but I have documentation backing it up -- keto helped cure my cancer. And weirdly seemed to help keep my immune system up during chemo.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Tarrant Tarrant what hospital do you use? Over in Lansing I assume? If your doctors can't seem to get a handle on your issues I would recommend trying to go to a University of Michigan hospital. They treated both me and my mother very very well over the years at the one in Ann Arbor.

• 1Like

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Keto also can help reset the immune system. Keto isn't healthy long term but doing it for a few months can induce remission from immune problems.

This probably sounds like a Lumi thing to say but I have documentation backing it up -- keto helped cure my cancer. And weirdly seemed to help keep my immune system up during chemo.
Yeah that's my take on keto and fasting, it's usefull to do it periodicaly, but I wouldn't do IF everyday, nor try being in keto every day.
Sure I'm fasting 5 days in a row now and then, I do a keto diet a times, but most of the time I do neither.

Keto/Fasting usefullness in preventing/helping treat cancer is starting to be quite documented.

• 1Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Tarrant Tarrant what hospital do you use? Over in Lansing I assume? If your doctors can't seem to get a handle on your issues I would recommend trying to go to a University of Michigan hospital. They treated both me and my mother very very well over the years at the one in Ann Arbor.
My PCP is at UofM Brighton, typically I go to UofM Ann Arbor for the bigger tests but after my Dimer was positive I couldn’t get down there yesterday due to the storm so I went to Hurley for the two tests that UofM wanted and had them send the results.

my wife had a lot of health issues and has went through liver and kidney failure, she had a suite in Ann Arbor basically. Lol.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
My PCP is at UofM Brighton, typically I go to UofM Ann Arbor for the higher tests but after my Dimer was positive I couldn’t get down there yesterday due to the storm so I went to Hurley for the two tests that UofM wanted and had them send the results.

my wife had a lot of health issues and has went through liver and kidney failure, she had a suite in Ann Arbor basically. Lol.
Yeah man U of M is the way to go. Good call, glad you're in good hands bruv.

• 1Like

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I don't even know where the fuck to put this, but what the shit?

Am I wrong or is this the dumbest fucking thing ever?

Is this even safe for babies?

• 1WTF
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

Well I don't see why you would do it to a baby in the first place because I can't imagine they'd have gone through something that would leave them in a state that would really benefit from chiropractic adjustment, i.e. injury or bad posture.

As for being safe? I don't know that a competent chiropractor is capable of hurting a baby on accident, they're just too flexible and springy. Don't think I'd ever agree to get a chiropractic adjustment done at The Joint though even if it was free.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I know to many chiropractors that talk about how the majority of the industry is a scam, so I imagine this would rank up there with that.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I know to many chiropractors that talk about how the majority of the industry is a scam, so I imagine this would rank up there with that.
Wish my wife would believe that, but she still thinks $50 to feel nice for a day is worth it.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
High volume, low calories high protein usually.

also whatever is going on with my liver is now causing my legs to get pitting edemas. So this is fun.
High protein is actually not good unless you're very physically active. Id cut that down by like 50%. No fried foods and probably the hardest part, no dairy if you eat any.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
High protein is actually not good unless you're very physically active. Id cut that down by like 50%. No fried foods and probably the hardest part, no dairy if you eat any.

i don’t each much of both, fried foods even less so. I don’t do fast food much anymore and I use my air fryer at home because I don’t like the smell of oil.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Tarrant Tarrant so what did they ever conclude on the liver tests being high? I do know big fasts can mess with your liver labs sometimes (mine does) esp if you have Gilbert syndrome (common condition you may check into) , but shouldn’t boost them sky high.. also was it bilirubin or alt/ast that was high, and did they check ldh, or was it all high?

Am a bit confused by the apnea putting you into Afib part. Do you have afib or no? Afib is not a condition to fuck around with it can lead to really bad blood clots that can cause strokes , fuck your kidneys or your gut or take out a limb etc. check your thyroid labs

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider

It's not safe for anyone.

That entire field is basically a scam and people should just go see a physical therapist instead. Same goes for "naturopaths" if you're in a state that has them.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Tarrant Tarrant so what did they ever conclude on the liver tests being high? I do know big fasts can mess with your liver labs sometimes (mine does) esp if you have Gilbert syndrome (common condition you may check into) , but shouldn’t boost them sky high.. also was it bilirubin or alt/ast that was high, and did they check ldh, or was it all high?

Am a bit confused by the apnea putting you into Afib part. Do you have afib or no? Afib is not a condition to fuck around with it can lead to really bad blood clots that can cause strokes , fuck your kidneys or your gut or take out a limb etc. check your thyroid labs

No, I have an appointment with a Hepatologist at the end of the month, and it wasn’t just my enzyme levels, irregularities were seen as well in the original ultrasound. It was all high, with my alt and ast being 3-4 times higher than the top end norm.

the Afib is something they told me at the ER when I had my imaging done when I couldn’t get to my normal doctor to do it. I’ll believe it when my own doctor tells me. Anything that can fuck with my kidneys I take seriously since I only have one…but all kidney function apparat’s fine for now.

At the end of the day, in mid/lower Michigan, unless UofM or Henry Ford tell me, I’m running it through them before I take what anyone says at face value. Sparrow, Hurley, Ascension any anyone else at this stage in my life can fuck off.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ugh Hurley medical center in flint? Without getting into specifics I can confirm med care in the Michigan thumb area sucks major ass, even Henry ford isn’t immune. Lotta fmgs with questionable training history. I’d say this is a scenario where it’s ok to be racist, because most browns that go there did because no one wants to live there so they hire whoever they can which is usually people schooled in another country which can be a mixed bag of questionable competence. Whereas the few whites there are mostly atleast us trained, but have some retarded reason to stay in a shithole like that (maybe family, or can’t sell their home or who knows )

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Imaging has a big skill curve actually. If you toss the ultrasound report on here I can probably tell if the radiologist knows what he’s talking about or is just face rolling his way thru it. But be sure not to dox yourself

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ultrasound is actually extra dicey because usually it’s a tech doing the scan and then the doc to read so you have two barriers of competence to pass