Health Problems

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Extreme allergies, never had them this bad but no state and new spring. Seems to be grasses but doesn't help that I have a 4 acre field of all kinds of shit I'm out playing in trying to improve into a better hayfield.

Aside from running nose, full on rashes and welts all over.

What can I take or get prescribed that's better than taking 2 benadryll and fighting passing out.
Can't advise on the rashes, but for stuffy/runny nose hot sauce all the way. Just keep your sinuses purged at all times. Whenever you start to feel stuffed up again, another dose of sauce. Either straight or on crackers or something small like that. As hot as you can stand it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Extreme allergies, never had them this bad but no state and new spring. Seems to be grasses but doesn't help that I have a 4 acre field of all kinds of shit I'm out playing in trying to improve into a better hayfield.

Aside from running nose, full on rashes and welts all over.

What can I take or get prescribed that's better than taking 2 benadryll and fighting passing out.
Trying to eat pollen (from a local beekeeper, to have the same pollens..) all year long, starting in autumn. You're fucked for this year.

• 1Like

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
Can't advise on the rashes, but for stuffy/runny nose hot sauce all the way. Just keep your sinuses purged at all times. Whenever you start to feel stuffed up again, another dose of sauce. Either straight or on crackers or something small like that. As hot as you can stand it.
Why hot sauce when you could…

• 1Mother of God

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Why hot sauce when you could…

You can get an awful lot of tabasco or Frank's for $17, but you do you. A good horseradish is great for sammiches.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Not unless you are getting some steep discounts.

1684935777566.png

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Not to stiffle the tangent but I'm not congested when getting the strong allergic attack vs like general 24 hour straight persistent allergies

JsRua

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Speaking of allergies, you know how older people say there were no allergies back in the day. Is this supposed to be because they were wild and living in nature or something?

Should I go outside and play in the mud or eat random shit of the ground to try stop my allergies from acting up?

I just dont like swallowing pills

Gurgeh

Speaking of allergies, you know how older people say there were no allergies back in the day. Is this supposed to be because they were wild and living in nature or something?

Should I go outside and play in the mud or eat random shit of the ground to try stop my allergies from acting up?

I just dont like swallowing pills
You could go back in time and eat dirt while being a kid, and reroll eating completely sterilized food all your life.
That being said, I have no allergies, but I know several people that got rid of them with the pollen/raw honey trick.
Also know someone whose allergies disapeared, and he put that on starting IF and some moderate prolonged fasting (and you can find a bunch of research on that Fasting mitigates immediate hypersensitivity: a pivotal role of endogenous D-beta-hydroxybutyrate)

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
You could go back in time and eat dirt while being a kid, and reroll eating completely sterilized food all your life.
That being said, I have no allergies, but I know several people that got rid of them with the pollen/raw honey trick.
Also know someone whose allergies disapeared, and he put that on starting IF and some moderate prolonged fasting (and you can find a bunch of research on that Fasting mitigates immediate hypersensitivity: a pivotal role of endogenous D-beta-hydroxybutyrate)
Swapping to a diet of home cooked protein and veggies, fruits etc and eliminate pre-packaged shit will do wonders for all sorts of ailments.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gurgeh

Swapping to a diet of home cooked protein and veggies, fruits etc and eliminate pre-packaged shit will do wonders for all sorts of ailments.
Almost like "food is the first medicine", a shame doctors this day have forgotten this (and the oath, for most...).
That being said, you'd need a really difficult to obtain diet to get rid of allergies, just by that imo. You'd need stuff that straight outlawed to sell in the USA, and most countries...

• 3Like

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I know of people who have had success with pollen as well.

JsRua

I am fasting and sneezing as I am typing this, oh well. It's the season I guess.
But what is this pollen/raw honey trick?
And is it important that as a child I am pretty sure I had allergies to honey? My throat tongue and lips would get itchy.

Gurgeh

I am fasting and sneezing as I am typing this, oh well. It's the season I guess.
But what is this pollen/raw honey trick?
And is it important that as a child I am pretty sure I had allergies to honey? My throat tongue and lips would get itchy.
You take a daily dose of pollen, starting with very small dose. It will itch your throat, and after a while you'll tolerate it, then you increase dose, until allergies have gone. And then you keep taking low doses all year long.
I think it's better to start after the allergy season, and try to get local pollen, you probably don't want to immunize yourself from Hungarian pollen if you live in Arkansas or something.

• 3Like

JsRua

Huh, first time I hear about this. Sounds promising, thanks.
Well I'm off in search of flowers to collect my anti-allergy pollen.