Health Problems

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Huh, first time I hear about this. Sounds promising, thanks.
Well I'm off in search of flowers to collect my anti-allergy pollen.
Beehive keepers sell them usually. Best is to get some from a local one.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
Huh, first time I hear about this. Sounds promising, thanks.
Well I'm off in search of flowers to collect my anti-allergy pollen.
Pediatricians now recommend micro dosing peanuts for infants to build up an immunity to peanut allergies.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Years ago I read an article on some Israeli candy that is super popular there and it is peanut based. Over here that shit would wipe out half the population. Peculiarly, Israeli children have little to no peanut allergies.

Goatface

got a urology appointment finally for kidney stones and cyst. this place is part of different system, while talking to the lady making the appointment, she told me to bring my records on disk. i had no idea CDs were still an option for anything.
1685461545071.png

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
When you pick up a copy of a MRI it's always on CD. Some law under hippa I'm told but no idea. Also 50/50 chance you take it to another neurologist they have no idea how a CD works, what one is, and say shit like "what is this?" Then you have to put it in the computer and load it for them.

Who knows, real estate still uses faxes a lot.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Years ago I read an article on some Israeli candy that is super popular there and it is peanut based. Over here that shit would wipe out half the population. Peculiarly, Israeli children have little to no peanut allergies.
1685492196714.jpeg
inglourious basterds eating GIF by The Good Films

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
got a urology appointment finally for kidney stones and cyst. this place is part of different system, while talking to the lady making the appointment, she told me to bring my records on disk. i had no idea CDs were still an option for anything.
View attachment 475692
65F5F52B-5C34-44C7-801B-3BAA2890FC64.jpeg

Dicom. Basically the industry standard. Large files. CD's/DVD's are cheaper than a stick, to give to you. Over here this shit is transfered between hospital over secure interhospital fiber networks. Small country ofc.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
View attachment 475758

Dicom. Basically the industry standard. Large files. CD's/DVD's are cheaper than a stick, to give to you. Over here this shit is transfered between hospital over secure interhospital fiber networks. Small country ofc.
If they use other systems for dicom transfer like Ambra or MiM they can just send you a link and you can download it. The problem and the reason it isn't used more is that it transfers compressed and most people are too stupid to figure out how to unzip stuff.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
The good: down 20 pounds from the start of the year, and I have been working with a personal trainer on an exercise program for about a year now. Ideal BMI zone, fat body percent around 20%, things generally looking up.

The bad: developed what is very likely an inguinal hernia, so now all my gains get hosed because it'll need to get surgically corrected (or watch and wait for it to go off at some undetermined point in the future and then get it surgically corrected.)

Sigh.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
After a couple of neurological consults, years of PT, shots in the back of my neck, shots in the front, I think after today’s visit I’m going to break down and go for surgery.

My C5-C6 and C6-C7 have degenerated, bulging, foraminal narrowing. Some days it is hard to use my right arm. And we have a baby coming in September and I want to be able to hold the little guy.

Probably going to call and schedule the ACDF tomorrow. He said it can likely be scheduled by 1st of June giving me plenty of recovery time. He seemed pretty bummed about suggesting it to an otherwise healthy 42 year old. But admitted that I’ve tried everything else. I just want full use of my arm back and continue doing things I enjoy like workouts and woodworking and shooting.

ACDF update. Surgery was yesterday morning. Got checked in at 5:30 and was wheeled back at 7:30. Took about 2 hours, I woke up in PACU at 9:45 and was in my room by 12.

Honestly I feel about 1,00% better than it seems I have any right to. Could just as easily have went home yesterday if not for the drain and Doc wanting to keep me for observation. I’m sore but feel 100% fine. No mobilizer, no terrible pain. Had 1 hydro yesterday at about 2pm. Got a full night sleep.

We’ll see over then next few weeks how the overall arm pains and other symptoms related do. He said things were as expected once inside. Couple of follow ups scheduled. Want to get my X-ray to see the hardware.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
View attachment 475692
Just bring them by paper if you're bringing them the same day. I promise your doctor would rather just flip through them while they talk to you rather than waiting for some office grunt to put a CD in and upload them somewhere else. I would say 95% of the stuff people bring to the office is useless anyway because the healthcare system requires everyone to get a bunch of useless discharge paperwork for medicolegal and payment reasons rather than what is actually useful for patients.

For imaging it's usually best to have both the written report and the disc because if there's any question(s) or especially if you need to compare it to other imaging it is nice to have the disc.

Goatface

over last month, my urine has been dark/colored off and on, tested positive of blood twice which doc said sometimes happens with kidney stones. last night, was getting ready for bed, taking a leak and noticed it was starting out pretty dark then turn to blood. like 1 min, i am really looking forward to going to bed to shit do i need to go the er? read some shit online, seemed wasn't going to die and wasn't in pain, so went to bed. woke up at few hours later, urine was normal.
tomorrow first appointment with urologist

MightyMadman

Lord Nagafen Raider
I have a good one for you boys and girls.
So since the age of 20 I been diagnosed with ulcerative colitis and I have been though it all, multiple medicines, the blood, the pain, the shit, and all. 8 years of being scared of flare ups that would leave me with low energy and moody. In the last week of April and early May I was in and out of the ER cause of it and it kept getting worst. When UC get worst the last opinion is surgery, the removal of the colon which results in a ileostomy bag and it happen to me last month.

I’m currently typing this with a stoma and a ileostomy bag taped to me. But I’m happy tho, the recovery was awful especially when I have staples attached to me, pain pills were my best friend. I was so weak after the surgery too but I’m some what better now. I walk slower

I don’t have to worry about this no more, it’s be such an awful feelings emotional and mental in my 20’s, it’s just gone now. currently the plan is to get the reverse stoma surgery and the j-pouch. I only know I will be talking to a surgeon that may do it next month. I’m really hype about the future. Since the surgery I been having this positive feeling like a character in darkest dungeon.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Lower back discectomy 2017. All this hobby farm shit finally wrecked me and my degenerative disc disease.

1.5 weeks ago sciatic leg and ass cheek pain. Sorta relented but I had to keep. doing some things and now I don't have that pain by its hard to get fully upright, and if I go from a couch or something to upright too quick or not using the right muscles I get 10/10 pain almost fall down and have constant low level ache.

Staying in bed not too bad or if I stay walking. But chairs of any kind/ couch and my work gunbelt all cause a increasing ache.

if I can self refer with my new insurance, neurologist or orthopedic to start to investigate a fusion?