Health Problems

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Not as far as I'm aware.

Good news is that the nodule is in a lower lobe - usually the suspicion for cancer rises if it's in an upper lobe.

I don't like that it seems to have gone from 5 mm to 9 mm, but as you mentioned, seems like the quality of the study may be suboptimal if your lungs were gunked up and they made notes that it was hard to compare the two. Also, it's still possible that it's an infection, just one with multiple sites/foci in the same lung. Or it may be nothing at all - nodules sometimes just appear and disappear without any rhyme or reason.

It wouldn't surprise me if your doctor wants to follow up on it, but I would try not to get too concerned about it until there's more data (easier said than done, obviously.)
My CT was scheduled for 930 yesterday morning, i got there a little early and waited less than a minute before I was called back. The radiologist report on the imaging was added to my patient portal at 9:37 yesterday morning. Who knows how long it was before my primary had the free time to look at it, but thankfully I forgot about checking it until this morning. I think from now on I'm just not gonna look at the reports until after I've gotten the call about them.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
e8bdfef0a1e94b6a5f25babea7cfad91.gif
Obviously, hockey = sex. and the Dirks are into the kinky stuff.

Goatface

for last many months, been having a random pain on top of my head/scalp. it is always on the left side in this area.
1711495795851.png

it feels like a sting/cramp and will last a very short time, rarely longer than 15-20 seconds. rubbing it helps. it can happen once a day, many times a day, or every few days.
back in feb, saw family doctor and she ordered a ct scan without contrast. nothing abnormal showed up.
not discussed this with her yet as my next appointment is in late April.
1711497705410.png

was looking online, and found this for splenius capitis muscles, but i don't have any neck/eye pain or headaches.

anyone had or heard of something similar?

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
for last many months, been having a random pain on top of my head/scalp. it is always on the left side in this area.
View attachment 521591
it feels like a sting/cramp and will last a very short time, rarely longer than 15-20 seconds. rubbing it helps. it can happen once a day, many times a day, or every few days.
back in feb, saw family doctor and she ordered a ct scan without contrast. nothing abnormal showed up.
not discussed this with her yet as my next appointment is in late April.
View attachment 521602
was looking online, and found this for splenius capitis muscles, but i don't have any neck/eye pain or headaches.

anyone had or heard of something similar?

Most likely, IMO:
Tension type (generic) headaches and migraines can still occur on the top of the head, not just in the front, and both can respond to massage.

Other possibilities (less likely):
-Spinal stenosis/nerve root impingement at C2 level
-Occipital neuralgia (though this is usually 8/10-10/10 "Can't think, can't do anything" pain, it would probably radiate from your neck up, and I would expect some history of trauma to the back of the head

If your PCP is stumped, see if you can find yourself a neurologist who specializes in headaches; they do exist.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

got a call from nurse to the doctor doing my colonoscopy about my blood work.
1711660691907.png

for my age says to get 1,200 mg. looked a most of my daily foods, don't think i even get over 200-300mg. she said to stop drinking milk, which i don't and drink more water. from around dec to now, been drinking at least a gallon per day.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Is this whats causing kidney stones? Calcium deposits?

I have no idea, but being a dipshit with no idea, it sounds plausible

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
got a call from nurse to the doctor doing my colonoscopy about my blood work.
View attachment 521898

for my age says to get 1,200 mg. looked a most of my daily foods, don't think i even get over 200-300mg. she said to stop drinking milk, which i don't and drink more water. from around dec to now, been drinking at least a gallon per day.

You don't take Tums, do you?

Is this whats causing kidney stones? Calcium deposits?

I have no idea, but being a dipshit with no idea, it sounds plausible

Yes, very well could be.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
rarely after i got my gallbladder removed in 2021, but before than used to take them about every 2-3 days.

OK. The list of things that cause hypercalcemia is to my knowledge pretty short unless Izo Izo has more ideas.

Overload either by food or meds (typically antacids.)
Some meds (mostly lithium, sometimes diuretics/water pills).
Hyperparathyroidism.
Cancer.

I assume your doc is going to draw a PTH (parathyroid hormone) or run an ultrasound over your neck.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Maybe add some k2? Should help calcium going to the right place:
With a gallblader removed, it's rather easy to be déficient in k2.

Goatface

OK. The list of things that cause hypercalcemia is to my knowledge pretty short unless Izo Izo has more ideas.

Overdose either by food or meds (typically antacids.)
Hyperparathyroidism.
Cancer.

I assume your doc is going to draw a PTH (parathyroid hormone) or run an ultrasound over your neck.

that nurse said she was going to call my doctor about it. my next doctors appointment is later in april. after i have the colonoscopy and seeing the urologist. don't know if she will move that up or not.

guess some bad stuff is on the table

1711664547281.png

not talked to doctor about these yet, from the other day. but they are better than what they were in feb when started the colonoscopy quest. it was 81% high and 9% low.

Izo

Tranny Chaser

Overload either by food or meds (typically antacids.)
Hyperparathyroidism.
Cancer.

Sarcoidosis is a possibility too. But yeah, primary hyperparathyroidism, hyperthyroidism, myelomatosis/late cancer, on to more rare paget, vitamin A/D poisoning etc.
In any case, he needs extended bloodworks, ionized calcium (e.g. physiologically active calcium) - along with axis checks - - tsh, pth, vitamins, etc etc.

• 2Like

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
that nurse said she was going to call my doctor about it. my next doctors appointment is later in april. after i have the colonoscopy and seeing the urologist. don't know if she will move that up or not.

guess some bad stuff is on the table

View attachment 521902
not talked to doctor about these yet, from the other day. but they are better than what they were in feb when started the colonoscopy quest. it was 81% high and 9% low.

I wouldn't worry too much about these in isolation unless your total white count is also off; these values are just outside reference ranges, and both are trending in the right direction compared with the previous draw.

I would interpret this either as lab error or "your body just kicked an infection and you may or may not have even felt it."

I'd get the calcium looked at sooner rather than later, though.

• 2Like

Goatface

thanks everyone for advice and good words.

had kidney + bladder ultrasounds this morning. found a new stone, so have a stone in each kidney. they appear small. think the bladder measurement went ok.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
American healthcare. Almost died again today. My blood sugar drops insanely fast for no reason. I go a month on the same diet, same insulin etc.. Then one day my blood sugar drops even after eating to real low while I'm awake. I eat sugar and a meal which normally raises my blood sugar on its own quite a bit enough that normally when I feat a full meal I have to give fast acting insulin with the meal. I sipped that entirely today.

I laid down and again I wake up to 2 EMS giving my a glucose IV. Mom found me on the bed totally unresponsive.

It sucks. At one time I had a continuos blood glucose monitor. I can not get the prescription from any endocrinologist. My iinsurance will pay for it. I would pay fo rit. Nothing.

The one I had wouldn't renew it because my blood sugar stayed in the target of between 80 and 1800 99% of the time. Blow my mind, well duh. It would even without the monitor excep the alarm would wake me when it drops that fast.

I may have to go out of state to find another endocrinolist I've tried them all here.

Good thing you get free EMS with a quick response time in rural MS. I asked the endocrinolist for a glucose pen pescription so my mom or someone can give it to me when this happens. The endocrinologist said no in her experience they don't work.

WTF. My mom said she tried the liquid glucose and I tried to bite her finger off multiple times.

And even with the glucose IV you recover and get the blood sugar up instantly but you don't really recover for a day. It's very very hard for me to type this, will take all day or multiple days to get my head back.

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 4 users

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
American healthcare. Almost died again today. My blood sugar drops insanely fast for no reason. I go a month on the same diet, same insulin etc.. Then one day my blood sugar drops even after eating to real low while I'm awake. I eat sugar and a meal which normally raises my blood sugar on its own quite a bit enough that normally when I feat a full meal I have to give fast acting insulin with the meal. I sipped that entirely today.

I laid down and again I wake up to 2 EMS giving my a glucose IV. Mom found me on the bed totally unresponsive.

It sucks. At one time I had a continuos blood glucose monitor. I can not get the prescription from any endocrinologist. My iinsurance will pay for it. I would pay fo rit. Nothing.

The one I had wouldn't renew it because my blood sugar stayed in the target of between 80 and 1800 99% of the time. Blow my mind, well duh. It would even without the monitor excep the alarm would wake me when it drops that fast.

I may have to go out of state to find another endocrinolist I've tried them all here.

Good thing you get free EMS with a quick response time in rural MS. I asked the endocrinolist for a glucose pen pescription so my mom or someone can give it to me when this happens. The endocrinologist said no in her experience they don't work.

WTF. My mom said she tried the liquid glucose and I tried to bite her finger off multiple times.

And even with the glucose IV you recover and get the blood sugar up instantly but you don't really recover for a day. It's very very hard for me to type this, will take all day or multiple days to get my head back.
Sucks to hear man.
On the glucose monitor side of things, they did just make them easier to get IIRC. If your primary physician is being an ass about it, I imagine you can get one by just calling around to clinics until you find someone who will.

here’s the FDA announcement:

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
The FDA said:
Importantly, this system is not for individuals with problematic hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) as the system is not designed to alert the user to this potentially dangerous condition.

Hopefully this will pave the way for ones that do alert you to critically low blood glucose.