Health Problems

Gravy

Bronze Squire
Gravy -- your BP is better than mine.
It should be, I take a hand full of pills for breakfast. Besides my contributions to my condition through 25 years of hedonism and debauchery, I'm pretty sure my aging is premature due to a fairly crappy pair of bloodlines that culminated in my birth. I had my first knee surgery at 16, first heart attack at 34, and quintuple bypass at 42. Then I was diagnosed with Congestive Heart Failure about 3 years ago.

Board bros, I know I've spilled a lot of personal information here that would make me uncomfortable if I had to read it, and for that I apologize.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
I'm trying to figure out what has triggered this sudden increase in my blood sugar, and I'm going to guess that it has to do with the myriad combination of drugs that I am currently taking. I haven't had any major weight fluctuations (even though I am overweight). It may also be linked to marijuana smoking, though it has always been my assumption that MJ lowers blood glucose levels, it may be taking it's toll on my circulatory system.

Anyway, I've been on Levemir insulin for three days now at a 10ml dosage. My blood sugar is still running high, in the 270's. I'll be in contact with my primary care NP on Monday.
I can't recommend Dr. Bernstein's Diabetes Solution enough. The guy knows his stuff. My girl went from Type 2 on insulin to normal blood sugars in a year and lost a bunch of weight just by following a 6/12/12 diet (You can google that). It's a sucky diet, but it's really a good solution for 'fixing' Type 2 for a lot of people.

Silence_sl

shitlord
About once a year, I get unbelievably sick for absolutely no reason at all. This started about there years ago. Otherwise, I'm the picture of health; not overweight, normal blood pressure, no diabeetus. No mental issues, either. The only med I take is the occasional ibuprofen. Doctors never find anything. The pain from being sick usually passes in a little under a week.

It started a few days ago, and I feel worse than ever...deathbed kind of bad. I know it'll pass, but the interim pain is absolute shit.

The only upside of all this is that I allow myself some freedom with my Oxycodone pills. Well, complete freedom, but who is counting. I'm still working on the bottle I got in 2010, so I'm no Dr. House. 10 milligramsters of pure love, and enough alcohol to dim the lights of a rhinoceros. I'm not only tempting fate, I'm inviting her over for dinner and a nightcap.

That's just melodrama, though. It's not dangerous (at my dose) like speedballing.

But yikes, does this ever feel fucking good. I've got 4 pills left, so the party is going to last until 2016 (two pills once a year). Heh. GF came over for lunch. I gave her a neck/shoulder/foot massage. The palms of her feet (is there such a thing) and her piggies were wicked warm warm warm. And soft! Damn near put her into a coma; poor girl had to go to work. I'm pretty sure she would have slept for a week if she had a choice. She also likes to butter her saltines.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
When you get to 450, it doesn't even matter what your diastolic is!

(He obviously meant sugar, hehe)

Gravy -- your BP is better than mine. I just hope that when the stroke comes it kills me.
Yeah I wish I could swap mine around since I suffer from low blood pressure.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Low BP isn't necessarily good, either. My BP hovers around 107/68 typically. I think it's gone over 124/80 once and I believe I was running to the doctor's office. Or something. LOL.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
About once a year, I get unbelievably sick for absolutely no reason at all. This started about there years ago. Otherwise, I'm the picture of health; not overweight, normal blood pressure, no diabeetus. No mental issues, either. The only med I take is the occasional ibuprofen. Doctors never find anything. The pain from being sick usually passes in a little under a week.

It started a few days ago, and I feel worse than ever...deathbed kind of bad. I know it'll pass, but the interim pain is absolute shit.

The only upside of all this is that I allow myself some freedom with my Oxycodone pills. Well, complete freedom, but who is counting. I'm still working on the bottle I got in 2010, so I'm no Dr. House. 10 milligramsters of pure love, and enough alcohol to dim the lights of a rhinoceros. I'm not only tempting fate, I'm inviting her over for dinner and a nightcap.

That's just melodrama, though. It's not dangerous (at my dose) like speedballing.

But yikes, does this ever feel fucking good. I've got 4 pills left, so the party is going to last until 2016 (two pills once a year). Heh. GF came over for lunch. I gave her a neck/shoulder/foot massage. The palms of her feet (is there such a thing) and her piggies were wicked warm warm warm. And soft! Damn near put her into a coma; poor girl had to go to work. I'm pretty sure she would have slept for a week if she had a choice. She also likes to butter her saltines.
Does Oxycodone expire?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Wife got some rash thing on her ass.. it's all red in the crack and dry/itchy. Looked it up and it may be similar to a yeast infection.. in your crack.

Finally got her to go to the damn doctor. She kept telling me she was worried the doctor would laugh that she came in with an itchy crack.

iannis

Musty Nester
Even if he doesn't, you can let her know that I did.

An itchy crack.

heheheheheheheheheeheheh

That's what you call one of those good problems to have. As in, if you've got to have a problem that's a good problem to have.

Oldbased

> Than U
Does Oxycodone expire?
Liquid forms expire sooner and after 3-4 years start becoming just a nasty tasting cough syrup.
Have had pill Hydrocodone that was 15 years old and was still semi effective.
Most drugs do not become harmful with age, just less effective.

Some drugs like certain antibiotics become lethal after certain time has passed, therefore always do research on anything expired.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It was some fungal infection in her ass crack, similar to a yeast infection in a vagina. They aren't really sure how she got it, but I guess it's fairly common. The doctor seemed to think it might have something to do with using those wet wipes after shitting so told her to stop.

It's kind of gross, and I have to apply the cream in her asscrack and around the whole - I don't mind that part so much.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I half-jokingly suggested that and she was all like "NOOO!!!!"

I half wanted it to work. I told her I could slather it on her crack with my dick then go in a few times.

iannis

Musty Nester
You've got an itch and I've got the solution.

Time for this marriage of convenience to get rapey.