Health Problems

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Doc said it's all normal. Just still adjusting to the new meds. A1c is down to 9 from a super high number I'm not proud of at least. Still too Hugh but getting better.

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
Doc said it's all normal. Just still adjusting to the new meds. A1c is down to 9 from a super high number I'm not proud of at least. Still too Hugh but getting better.
Holy Carp, Mr. Noodle. 9 is yournewnumber?
Did you ask about the keto and did the doc say "no"? I fear if you added that to the glimeperide you would be really hypo after you ate.
Glad you are well.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah we are waiting on the keto for now. I actually decided that myself anyways, I can't go lower than 88 all the time.

They don't have my last a1c number but since I was at 300+ when I got admitted to the ER we all assume it was insane.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
So I just finished a round of antibiotics for h. pylori. I guess there was a note in my record from my last colonoscopy/endoscopy that they saw some in there but it was when we found out I had cancer so it was put on the back burner.

I have always had a bit of a bad taste in my mouth and not always the most pleasant of breath sometimes. My dental hygiene was always great though. Turns out h. pylori can make your breath terrible!! Who knew. Already feeling improvement in that and maybe it has something to do with my anal bleeding.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
was in a ton of pain today, thought it was another kidney stone. hurt so bad that i ended up going to the ER. told the doc about my testicular cancer too, and she called for an abdominal cat scan. scan showed that i did not have a kidney stone. which is bad news, because this pain is coming from SOMETHING. only thing the cat scan showed was that i had swollen lymph nodes. i hope my cancer isn't spreading. fuck do it hurt tho. toradol didn't even touch the pain, and 8mg of IV morphine later i'm still at like a 7. fml.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i didn't ask. didn't want to seem like a drug seeker (sandbagging for future visits to the same hospital...)

they did give me a script for 30 norcos tho, so that's good.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Fuck that noise. When you're in that much pain ask for it. Talk to any nurse and they'll tell you the same. They're pretty good at telling who the druggies are or not.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
We generally know who the drugseekers are. They're typically our frequent fliers. ;-) But, nursing ethics means they will never be able to turn down your reporting of pain as it is all subjective.

Magimaster

Trakanon Raider
So, to update from my post about a month ago....

Got prescribed a week of Cipro from the Walk in clinic back just after Christmas, took that then had a followup. Nausea and such had cleared up but still had aches and discomfort in abdomen, not severe but enough that I can feel it at times. Got referall to GI doc and they tried to get a referral for CT exam, since insurance wouldn't pay for them to do it. Got tossed back and forth for about 2 weeks because GI doc couldn't authorize it and walk in clinic couldn't either.

Finally got fed up and found a family practice clinic in town that also has an imaging center, so they can both be a primary doctor and can also do xrays and Ct scans as needed. Got in there Mon and finally got them to schedule the CT scan for next Mon, since they needed time to get authorization. Still have referral to GI doc and will have scans sent there, so I can then see them a day or two later once they have the results.

Symptoms come and go, which is the fucking frustrating part. Just when I think I'm ok, the aches start up again. I've tried varying what I eat trying to see if something triggers it (like bread or meat or such) but shit just seems to happen whenever. I've had it happen after eating some things, but not others, or having it happen after eating something I had before just fine.

Just hoping the CT scan will show something so we can figure it out. One good thing to come out of all this is that I have cut soda out and am trying to eat healthier snacks plus drinking a lot more water.... I'm now down to 227 pounds from a month ago of 240, so there's that at least.

Oldbased

> Than U
It literally took me years of going to the same doctors over and over again mentioning my back/feet/joint pain before I got on monthly narcotics script. Sure I could have googled and found out which doctors in town wrote them but I was going for other reasons as well. We do have a pain management clinic in town and I'm told you walk in there with insurance or a few thousand dollars for "specialized" testing you will walk out the same day with one, but you have to go back monthly. That system is supported by the state and a scam to just bleed money for pain medicine under the disguise of controlling narcotics. Gov doesn't give a shit about you, just wants that dolla dolla lol.

I have learned through all the heart failure stuff that doctors see right through bullshit both good and bad. They know whats up before you even open your mouth.

Schags

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Well I've had diabetes since I'm 26 or so (39 now). For the longest time I controlled it through diet and exercise to the point where my doctors told me I didn't need to use pills anymore. When I moved out to California in 2012, I started drinking again. (I'm an alcoholic that was sober for years). Anyway, I stopped eating healthy, stopped exercising, basically went from 200lbs to 260 over the last 3 years. I know 200lbs still is more than I should be but I was 395lbs when I was 19 and I've worked it off over the years. I also never paid attention to my sugar levels during this time. I quit drinking again and I'm just over 6 months sober.

So I drove out to Colorado for christmas and when I got there, I felt dizzy. I then spent the next 24 hours throwing up. I had my brother take me to an emergency room and they admitted me telling my my a1c was 11.5 and I was having Diabetes Ketoacidosis. They treated me there for 3-4 days then let me out where I went back and rested at my brothers house for another week or so. Because they gave me an EKG in the hospital, I never thought anything of it. My feet and legs started to swell, I couldn't sleep lying down etc. I decided to drive back to California so I could get things rolling with my doctors back here. It's crazy to think that my heart failure happened in Colorado and I drove 18-20 hours myself with it.

Anyway, after driving two days, I got out of my Jeep and made it about 1 flight of stairs up to my 3rd floor apartment before I couldn't breathe. It was new years eve, I decided to just try and sleep so I could come to the doctors to get checked out the next day. So, the next day I drove to my doctors, they were closed so I ended up going up the road to the emergency room. While there they told me my body was filling up with water and I was having a heart attack. I was in the hospital a week with them trying to get water out and to get my kidney's decent enough to survive an operation. They drained about 35 pounds of water out of me. Then they told me all 3 major arteries going into my heart were blocked at 70% and 80%. My heart was so weak, it couldn't keep up with pumping that pushes the water out.

I had a quad bypass surgery on January 11th. (Went into the hospital on January 1st). People are usually out 4-5 days after but they had trouble getting me to stop bleeding during the surgery. After I woke up, the next two days I was out of it because the guy in charge didn't want to do another blood transfusion if we didn't need to. Eventually they gave it to me and it helped me get over that hurdle. My kidney's also have been hit so hard with this, all of the medicines they were giving me etc that they have been iffy. I'm still being closely monitored in that area. I got home last night but will have nurses coming out to do lab work etc.

It's been rough. I really thought I was dying. Not being able to breathe, or even sleep because if I layed down It made it impossible to breathe was terrible. I slept sitting up in a chair for about 2-3 weeks. I think the next hurdle for me now is my feet/legs are still swollen. I'm hoping that starts to come down and doesn't turn into something more severe where I'm going to have to go back into a hospital. 3-3.5 weeks was enough for me.

Anyway, It's going to be a long recovery for me. Wanted to post this here because lying in the hospital I was able to log into rerolled and get some quality reading in between passing out from the meds. You guys are an awesome community.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Sorry to hear all that man. Alcohol is awful for diabetes - take it from me, nearly the same thing happened to me. They wouldn't tell me my a1c levels when I was admitted, but my blood glucose was around 330 when I was admitted so I bet 11.5 is right. I think I was either in DKA or on the verge, I don't really know because I was blackout drunk and it's not on my chart. I too went off my pills, difference being I was never given the doctors orders to do so like you were. Now I'm back on and feeling better, in general.

Schags

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah mine were 350 when I got into the emergency room. I just took it 15 minutes ago as it was 92. They have done a great job dialing it in with the insulin I'm on. Never again. Sad that I had to have this happen to make all of the changes in my life.

Magimaster

Trakanon Raider
So, got in to the family medicine clinic Friday and got them to squeeze me in for CT scan, but they wouldn't be able to give me results till Mon/Tues. Did not feel good the rest of the day and ended up going to the ER Friday night just to try and get some answers and to get some help. They did a CT scan and found a small ( 3mm ) kidney stone. Got prescribed some medicine to help with passing the stone and some oxy for the pain.

Only thing I can't figure out is that they say the stone in my left kidney, but the pain I was having is on my right side. But hopefully the damn thing will pass soon. I have a followup with the primary care on Tues so Ill see about having hospital Ct scan sent to them so they have 2 to compare, maybe see if theres anything they may have missed.

Magimaster

Trakanon Raider
It's amazing what referred pain will do to you.
I guess so, still seems weird that I've been pounding down water for the past month and the stone hasn't passed by now..... just hoping the pills will help. Felt one or two pings this morning on the left side so I'm really hoping the stone is moving. Been able to just take 1 pain pill every 6 hours, but if it doesn't pass by Tues hopefully the primary care doc can prescribe some more, or maybe I can get by with Tylenol..... the aching just gets too much after a while to go without something, even though I don't like popping pills. I get worried about the potential addiction issues.