Health Problems

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Anyway the ENT guy cauterized it, which hurts like a sumbitch even through the lidocaine, but if it makes this shit finally go away I'll take it.
I just had the same surgery three weeks ago. After two weeks, I was cleared to go back to my regular insane schedule. Other than that, I'd get unstoppable nosebleeds (even in the ER). I think I had a six hour nosebleed in the ER a few weeks ago.

Three weeks later, I feel fine. I still have to be careful blowing my nose though, and have to use saline spray multiple times a day.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
6 hours? Jesus Christ. My worst nose bleed lasted five minutes and that's only because I kept sneezing the clots out.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
We're talking about Tramadol here. Not Vicodin, Norco, Dilaudid, or Morphine.
I was talking about hydrocodone. I always pu Tramadol on my lsit of allergies. I hate that stuff

I did finally get my norco, tho. Plus a script for ativan.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
What is the purpose of the check in people taking your picture when you go to a hospital or doctors office now? Insurance fraud or what? I asked asd got the typical "I dunno, just doing what they told me to do".

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
It acts as another patient identifier. It's especially helpful when the patient takes off or loses the ID bracelet because we don't give medications without multiple identifiers (Name, DOB, and badge).

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Another thing I've noticed is doctors offices and hospitals get thrown into a state of chaos taking insurance when they ask who is your employer and you say self. It's like they can't understand having insurance that didn't come thru your employer. Lady today had to get a supervisor to look at it lol.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Uh, Kuriin I shouldn't have just sneezed out what (judging from the color) has to be the cautery scab barely 24 hours after it was done should I? Just from wriggling my nose a bit it feels like the whole thing is gone now.

Crazily

N00b
I was talking about hydrocodone. I always pu Tramadol on my lsit of allergies. I hate that stuff

I did finally get my norco, tho. Plus a script for ativan.
I have been taking tramadol for the last 2 years...I usually take 1 a day M-F and take weekends off.....I also take a week long break to detox a bit and reset. I have read horror stories about addiction to it and I seem to have a love hate relationship with it. It makes me scatterbrained but it gives me tons of energy and makes me talkative. I think it's acting more as an anti-depressant then an actual pain killer for me.

On another note, I had sinus surgery in 2013 which included a balloon sinuplasty and rhinoplasty where they straightened my deviated septum. I got 3 separate opinions, including one from the Mayo clinic in Arizona before I decided to have surgery. I found a doc that didn't stuff a metric ton of bandages up your nose which by all accounts, is the worst part of the surgery because they have to be removed later on, when your awake and able to feel it all.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Uh, Kuriin I shouldn't have just sneezed out what (judging from the color) has to be the cautery scab barely 24 hours after it was done should I? Just from wriggling my nose a bit it feels like the whole thing is gone now.
This is the reason why I hate doing teaching on nose surgeries of any kind. They really want you to avoid sneezing as best you can. If you see any bleeding that lasts for longer than say 10 seconds, it would be a good idea to go in and get it re-cauterized.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
This will be slightly embarrassing but I'll post it anyways in the off chance someone knows what is up.

Last summer my wife got some fungal infection in her ass crack. It was because she was getting a sweaty ass at work (post office walking all day) and I have no idea what else. Doctor gave her cream that worked and told her to stop using those wet wipes when she goes to the bathroom. About 6 months later she got ringworm that appeared on her butt cheek. Same thing with cream clearing it up.

Now it looks like she's getting it yet again.

The doctor asked her if she's showering which I thought was a hilarious question as she showers daily.

What could be causing this? We use separate bathrooms usually and I clean them once a week, so we shouldn't be having an issue there. Additionally I'm not having any of these issues.

Any ideas?

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Does your wife get sweaty butt or something? She could try an anti-perspirant down there. Is she also working out and not showering after?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Previously it was definitely sweaty butt - she was walking all day in 80-100 degree heat in fairly heavy clothes (the USPS uniform) carrying a 30 pound satchel. Now not so much. She also wasn't working out until the last couple days, where these two last things occurred when she wasn't working out. I don't notice her having a sweaty butt when I'm around the area.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I don't believe so, but I don't know too much about her shitting habits. I do know she stopped using those wipes.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
This is the reason why I hate doing teaching on nose surgeries of any kind. They really want you to avoid sneezing as best you can. If you see any bleeding that lasts for longer than say 10 seconds, it would be a good idea to go in and get it re-cauterized.
I tried not to sneeze god damnit! I even made sure to sneeze with my mouth open like the paperwork said which is about the most awkward thing imaginable. Hasn't been any bleeding at all, just the clot came loose.

iannis

Musty Nester
Well, sweaty butt, and I think maybe a sweaty hoo-haa to boot.

She might want to start sleeping in the nude. I mean, you know, on the weeks where she can. Sometimes a little thing like that will make a large difference. Or, if she doesn't wanna do that, change the cut of her underpants.