Health Problems

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Bad enough I have issues my wife had to go to the ER. She looked terrible.

Borzak

Wife has been in the hospital now 24 hours. I'm about to loose it.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

I appreciate the comment I'm just venting right now. Not much of a man that can't drive his wife to the hospital when she needs it and instead had to get her sister to do it. Rather post than sit down and think right now.

Almost said I need things to go my way. Need things to go her way.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers

iannis

Musty Nester
I wouldn't worry about that, honestly. She got sick, she got to the hospital. That's what's important.

Venting is good. But don't be down on yourself for that. It's literally what ambulances are for.

Get your sister in law to go take you to sit in the cramped little room with her and watch some shitty television. It'll make you both feel better, if you can do that.

• 1Solidarity

Borzak

I'm waiting on an uber to come pick me up. I had to come home and pick up some of her stuff. Also there was some cloudiness about me being her husband since she hasn't changed her license as of yet. Just over a month. So I got the paperwork.

• 1Like
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 users

Borzak

Back at the house. She goes again tomorrow for more testing. She had a lengthy blackout followed by a lengthy period of slow to come around. No drugs, no alcohol.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers

iannis

Musty Nester
Short of it not happening in the first place, that's decent news. They watched her for 24 hours, didn't see a reccurence, and did not notice anything immediately alarming.

It's serious and i'm sure you're both worried. But it didn't happen twice. I know that's not much comfort but it's much better than if it had.

• 2Like

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Back at the house. She goes again tomorrow for more testing. She had a lengthy blackout followed by a lengthy period of slow to come around. No drugs, no alcohol.

Uh, that sounds more like a seizure than hypoglycemia. You sure she wasn’t postictal? I’ve never heard of “reactive hypoglycemia” - I have heard of hyperinsulinemia where the pancreas can create too much insulin. I’ve also hypothesized (who knows) that chewing gum can cause initial hyperglycemia and then it becomes hypoglycemia as your brain thinks you are eating something.

In any case, I hope your wife is ok. Did they do a CT scan or EEG?

Also curious to know what her blood sugar was. Lowest I’ve seen was 15. Patient was essentially comatose, only withdrawing to pain until we gave her a couple ampules of dextrose.

• 1Like

Borzak

It wasn't low blood sugar. I checked hers while her sister was getting the car. They did test all day Sunday. She has an appointment for more later today.

I basically spent all night just watching to make sure she was breathing. One of the doctors heard me say "recently married". He joked "We get people from too much on the honeymoon". I didn't think it was funny at all.

Beyond the obvious of being worried. I've done "similar" in the last few years at least close to half a dozen times. Mine was from low blood sugar. In the past I didn't wear a continuous blood glucose monitor and always knew pretty damn close what my sugar was, and checked it anyway. If it started dropping while sleeping I woke up and instantly knew to fix it.

Hers was not that, but kind of gave me a new look at the shit I've put her and other family through.

Last edited:
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Curious what tests they ran and what tests they are going to run today. If she had a syncopal episode, she may have a treadmill or dobutamine stress test. Though, I still think it sounds more like a seizure than anything.

Borzak

I'll have to look at the paperwork. I wasn't there the whole time.

She said she wasn't feeling good and went to lay down. A little while later I went in there to see if she was feeling allright and she didn't want to come around. She did but was extremely groggy for a good while.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers

iannis

Musty Nester
I'd be concerned but not worried.

I was gonna make that joke about your honeymoon. Glad the er doc did instead. What an asshole.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Off the top of my head, my instructions have been clear liquids allowed during the prep, but nothing the morning/day of the procedure

I think you might be thinking of PET instructions, knowing your history? PET (cancer scan for those that don't know) was always nothing after midnight, once in awhile nothing after like 8AM if it was an afternoon scan (had a bunch now).

Edit -- wow I haven't been around much, didn't realize that post was from last week haha

Last edited:

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
My local pharmacy was letting me refill my pain meds every 23 days, but they shut down out of nowhere without any warning, even to their employees (the head pharmacist is going to work for the Meijer being built in town, I think maybe he had an NDA). And they happened to shut down on my refill date. They transferred everything to Walgreens, but Walgreens has a 27 day policy since they're 50-state compliant, and my other pharmacy just followed local laws. As a result, I've been unable to fill my prescription. Was able to ration out what I had left for the first couple days, but now I'm on hour 36 after may last dose and...

Opiate withdrawals suck but they're not worse than chemo. Addicts are a bunch of pussies.

I can get my refill tomorrow morning, I might say fuck it and just ride out the next week and quit cold turkey. Wouldn't that be something off a 8x30mg/day oxy + 3x20mg methadone "intractable chronic pain cancer patient" dose. My doctor was thinking I've been experiencing hyperalgesia, maybe she was right

P.s. I'm cheating tho since I'm in a medical marijuana state, got a lot of RSO and distillate to vape to get me through. So far my pain isn't too bad, it's the cold sweats and the constantly moving bowel that are the issues haha.

P.p.s. maybe I'm just hyping myself up, they say day 3 of withdrawals is the worst.

• 1Solidarity

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
My local pharmacy was letting me refill my pain meds every 23 days, but they shut down out of nowhere without any warning, even to their employees (the head pharmacist is going to work for the Meijer being built in town, I think maybe he had an NDA). And they happened to shut down on my refill date. They transferred everything to Walgreens, but Walgreens has a 27 day policy since they're 50-state compliant, and my other pharmacy just followed local laws. As a result, I've been unable to fill my prescription. Was able to ration out what I had left for the first couple days, but now I'm on hour 36 after may last dose and...

Opiate withdrawals suck but they're not worse than chemo. Addicts are a bunch of pussies.

I can get my refill tomorrow morning, I might say fuck it and just ride out the next week and quit cold turkey. Wouldn't that be something off a 8x30mg/day oxy + 3x20mg methadone "intractable chronic pain cancer patient" dose. My doctor was thinking I've been experiencing hyperalgesia, maybe she was right

P.s. I'm cheating tho since I'm in a medical marijuana state, got a lot of RSO and distillate to vape to get me through. So far my pain isn't too bad, it's the cold sweats and the constantly moving bowel that are the issues haha.

P.p.s. maybe I'm just hyping myself up, they say day 3 of withdrawals is the worst.
Man. I dont miss painkillers. I feel ya, I mean mine wasn't anything near as intense as yours. Was on them for a year due to two surgeries. Hit a low point where I was distilling the acetaminophen out of them using a chemex LOL. Did that once then flushed them all and had no refills.

Plus the constipation on that shit sucksss.

Also fuck cancer.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Plus the constipation on that shit sucksss.

Responsible opioid use means taking laxatives regularly. I had the thought that making sure to do that might be part of why I'm doing pretty okay. Can't shit your brains out for days if you don't have three months worth of backed up y'know to unload lol

• 1Solidarity

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Responsible opioid use means taking laxatives regularly. I had the thought that making sure to do that might be part of why I'm doing pretty okay. Can't shit your brains out for days if you don't have three months worth of backed up y'know to unload lol
Oh ya I got you bro. I only learned that 4 days post op at 2am curled up in pain on the bathroom floor as my MOM gave me an enema.

• 1Trump
  • 1Mother of God