Health Problems

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Sounds like a great excuse to stay in for 30 days and play video games to me! Do it while you can brother. Take advantage!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pescador

Trakanon Raider
Just had surgery to repair hip impingement + torn labrum. Not sure if anyone's been through that, but so far it seems similar to other sports leg injuries: ice, crutches, CPM machine, etc. Still on Day 1 so we'll see if I end up needing the painkillers or not. Really odd how there is some sharp pain depending on how I'm positioned, but mostly it's a deep, aching feeling inside my hip joint / groin. Not unbearable but definitely not pleasant.

As a public service announcement, if you've been living with aching pain in your hip after sports / hiking / etc., get some x-rays and consult with an orthopedist who specializes in hip arthroscopy. Apparently this is an extremely prevalent and under-diagnosed issue that may be responsible for a lot of osteoarthritis and hip replacements since it's a fairly "new" diagnosis, relatively speaking. If untreated will almost always destroy the hip cartilage eventually.

Hopefully this isn't a decision I regret, but having an aching hip in my mid 30s every time I trained or played a sport finally got to be enough and I'm hoping this will be a big improvement. Long recovery though... 9 months till I can run again and 12+ to full-ish strength. I had considered this surgery 10 years ago but I'm glad I waited because the arthroscopy and post-op has advanced a lot since then.

• 1Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Anyone know anyone that has taken an immunosupressant? Mayo still talking about. Listed a half dozen and I'm not sure insurance pays for most of them because you're obviosuly supressing your immune system. Not really sure now is the time to be experimenting with it. Nobody I've talked to really knows anyone that took it and problems they might have had with it.

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
Medical professionals of FOH, have something really funky going on with my “plumbing.”

About a month ago, my wife and I had sexual Congress, and right at climax I noticed a sort of hitch, not painful but just like a pause in my ejaculating. Then when finishing feeling like everything wasn’t out. I thought nothing of it, since our daughter was born in November our sex life has been mostly dormant other than oral etc.

Had sex several times after and business as usual.

About two weeks ago, happens again and as my wife is cleaning up notices these smallish orange/yellow “gel” balls in my semen. Not of insignificant size either. To “research” this more, I fap the next day.... same result and about 4-5 of these weird little chunks.

Firm to touch but easily flattened and smushed. Past few days I’ve had to urinate pretty frequently. Can’t think of other symptoms but my mind went to protaste, or uti or std immediately. Yeast infection? I’ve been kinda freaked to have sex or fap, but did last night to get pics of these buggers.

Seeing gp next week to get urologist referral
Bro did you ever get this figured out? I think about it every few days and make a Jackie Chan face everytime.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Bro did you ever get this figured out? I think about it every few days and make a Jackie Chan face everytime.
Urologist appointment may 3rd! GP gave full urinalysis and biometric screening and both were perfect. Had a dose of antibiotics and they’re mostly gone, but my diet has improved a ton. I’ve noticed on days when I eat sugar and drink coke I seem to have them and other days with clean diet not so much. I’ll keep everyone apprised on my jizz as I know more :emoji_joy:

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
Anyone know anyone that has taken an immunosupressant? Mayo still talking about. Listed a half dozen and I'm not sure insurance pays for most of them because you're obviosuly supressing your immune system. Not really sure now is the time to be experimenting with it. Nobody I've talked to really knows anyone that took it and problems they might have had with it.

If you're an individual with a transplant, you need them in order to avoid going into graft v. host/rejection, so in these sorts of situations, they absolutely would be covered by insurance because they would be medically necessary for survival. Your insurance plan may prefer certain drugs over others, however. If you have some other kind of condition (lupus, Crohn's, or something else autoimmune), it may require prior authorization; it depends on your plan.

All immunosuppressives have the potential to oversuppress your immune system if not monitored carefully, which obviously would make an individual more susceptible to infection. The immune system also has a role in rooting out and destroying precancerous cells; some drugs may thus increase the risk of cancer. Other than that, side effects will vary depending on the exact drug.

I'm an insurance nurse, and I know how to run numbers on costs, preferred drug formularies, and the like, but I would need to know a ton of personal information about which health plan you have, which network you are a member of, etc.

Most insurance plans have some kind of nurse line; they should probably be able to provide some basics about whether something would be covered, if it requires prior auth, and the approximate price you would pay. GoodRX is a good tool for getting a sense of whether a drug is relatively cheap or relatively expensive, but sometimes the price of drugs can vary pretty dramatically between the contracted price (the price you'd pay through insurance) vs the price you'd pay through self-pay or a membership card like GoodRX.

Borzak

I am not a transplant recipient. It's to curb an auto immune disease or multiple the jury at Mayo is stil out. I get mass corticosteroid infusions of 1000mg a day for several days at a time but you can only get so many of those and so often as a diabetic. Mayo has a department or whatever you call it that helps figure out what your insurance will cover and such. I really don't know as I changed insurance companies and state at the first of the year. Dr. said they had a couple of options and what my insurance may cover will have a bearing on what they go with. I'm going to Mayo in person in Jacksonville sometime when things line up right.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
General medical/legal question (do we have a legal thread?) here. Got a vasectomy a few years ago and never felt right down there afterwards, with no change at all since. I get a noticeable amount of discomfort in the testes/scrotum after orgasm and it never, ever feels like a complete orgasm (aka it feels like there's some still in there). Also diminished sensitivity / orgasm intensity. Sometimes orgasms are good, other times they "dud" and I just stop feeling them midway through. They're never as good as they were before. It feels like there's something in there that shouldn't be in there and it's blocking things up in the prostate/lower urethral area. Also sometimes when I pee, especially after sex, the stream goes in two completely different directions (and continues during that for the duration, it doesn't course-correct after a few seconds). That never happened before the vasectomy. It's like a hose that someone's pressing on. And it's pretty fuckin' lame to clean up.

Either way it's all very uncomfortable. Before the vasectomy they didn't give me any kind of heads-up that there might be severe, years+ long side effects. I probably would have done it anyway but that's beside the point, I got no indication that there was any risk whatsoever to the procedure. That same doctor plays dumb every time I go back to him for help and insists it's nothing he did, while avoiding any kind of follow-up. Guy doesn't order any tests, nothing. He did prescribe a medication to shrink the prostate, which made the issues worse while I was on it.

So my question is two-pronged, like my pee stream: Anyone have any idea what my issue is, or what might help with it? And also, anyone know if I have any kind of legal recourse after being fucked-up by a doctor who then didn't do anything to fix the situation or even try to?

• 1Thoughts & Prayers

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
You first need a second opinion. Go see another urologist and see what they say.

• 1Like

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
General medical/legal question (do we have a legal thread?) here. Got a vasectomy a few years ago and never felt right down there afterwards, with no change at all since. I get a noticeable amount of discomfort in the testes/scrotum after orgasm and it never, ever feels like a complete orgasm (aka it feels like there's some still in there). Also diminished sensitivity / orgasm intensity. Sometimes orgasms are good, other times they "dud" and I just stop feeling them midway through. They're never as good as they were before. It feels like there's something in there that shouldn't be in there and it's blocking things up in the prostate/lower urethral area. Also sometimes when I pee, especially after sex, the stream goes in two completely different directions (and continues during that for the duration, it doesn't course-correct after a few seconds). That never happened before the vasectomy. It's like a hose that someone's pressing on. And it's pretty fuckin' lame to clean up.

Either way it's all very uncomfortable. Before the vasectomy they didn't give me any kind of heads-up that there might be severe, years+ long side effects. I probably would have done it anyway but that's beside the point, I got no indication that there was any risk whatsoever to the procedure. That same doctor plays dumb every time I go back to him for help and insists it's nothing he did, while avoiding any kind of follow-up. Guy doesn't order any tests, nothing. He did prescribe a medication to shrink the prostate, which made the issues worse while I was on it.

So my question is two-pronged, like my pee stream: Anyone have any idea what my issue is, or what might help with it? And also, anyone know if I have any kind of legal recourse after being fucked-up by a doctor who then didn't do anything to fix the situation or even try to?

Go read my posts from years ago in the Marriage thread. This is what happened to me after vasectomy. 10 yrs later nothing has improved. Doctors were completely useless..completely. I had some pain discomfort for about a year or so afterwards, that is now gone but the lack of oopmh remained. Sometimes I'm not even sure if it's happened. Are you slower to lose an erection afterwards? Only other symptom I have you didn't mention. It is likely a rare side effect that they don't understand. I think it's somehow related to inflammation response and the involved nerves.

Sorry to hear it man, it definitely sucks and wish I had some ray of hope for you.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Go read my posts from years ago in the Marriage thread. This is what happened to me after vasectomy. 10 yrs later nothing has improved. Doctors were completely useless..completely. I had some pain discomfort for about a year or so afterwards, that is now gone but the lack of oopmh remained. Sometimes I'm not even sure if it's happened. Are you slower to lose an erection afterwards? Only other symptom I have you didn't mention. It is likely a rare side effect that they don't understand. I think it's somehow related to inflammation response and the involved nerves.

Sorry to hear it man, it definitely sucks and wish I had some ray of hope for you.

Mine is going on 7 years and lately it started feeling a bit better (for a week or so) before going back to the usual. I don't know what I was doing differently that one week, if anything.

I've gotten second opinions...and fourth opinions. Urologists seem completely and totally useless. They all just sorta look at me and go "well, I don't know to do". One of them ordered an ultrasound at least (which showed nothing unusual).

What about a CT scan or MRI? There's got to be something that can show nerve damage or scar tissue or whatever might be the problem. At this point my main concern isn't fixing it, it's getting some sort of lawsuit/settlement going. However, lawyers don't want to take the case unless I have an opinion from a doctor that something went wrong, or some evidence besides not feeling good.

Blazin Blazin Any idea if an MRI is safe to get on the area? I think they use tiny metal caps during the vas procedure, not sure if they're MRI-safe or what. Or if an MRI would even do anything. Have you tried getting a CT scan or MRI already?

Edit: To answer your boner question, I'm not sure if it's different from before because it's been so long, but it does stay hard for like 20 seconds after orgasm which now that I think about it is probably longer than it did pre-7 years ago. That adds to the sensation of not actually being completely done yet. Sometimes I think I can just keep going / go again (until it goes away) so it might even be in the 30 second range. I'll need to pay more attention to it.

The "dud orgasm" where you're not even sure it happened is uncommon but it happens to me too. Completely random. Sometimes it happens during times when I'm super worked-up too. Like I'll be with someone I really like and be super into it with her doing everything I like, and building to something massive and then...toot. Other times I'll be not that into the sex / bored and it'll be a decent orgasm. Just totally random. Maybe 1/30 feels great / normal / like I remember and enough time has gone by that I'm not even sure if I'm remembering right.

Last edited:

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Have not had a ct or mri. Doctors never acted helpful or took it seriously. Gave up a long time ago .

• 1Solidarity

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've gotten second opinions...and fourth opinions. Urologists seem completely and totally useless. They all just sorta look at me and go "well, I don't know to do"... At this point my main concern isn't fixing it, it's getting some sort of lawsuit/settlement going.
Gee I can’t imagine how these things could possibly be related 🤔

• 1Truth!

Borzak

Lawyers that specialize in medical lawsuits should be able to get you into a number of doctors to get their opinion and testing to support that opinion. Then depending on what they say it's up to the law firm. My sister screwed around with neck damage after two wrecks in a short time frame (not her fault) and it was kick the can kick the can. Finally she went to a lawyer and her lawyer got her into a doctor and did MRI's and whatever else. Ended up getting surgery with multiple plate and screws that mostly fixed it.

• 1Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Have not had a ct or mri. Doctors never acted helpful or took it seriously. Gave up a long time ago .

It's honestly absolutely sad that you think that you can have a surgical procedure that cuts a functional body part and that you won't have side effects. Sadly, people like you are what makes the practice of medicine unenjoyable. People aren't able to tolerate the slightest inconvenience, and you all think the body is some robotic structure that can just have parts replaced and be back to normal. Your genitals literally evolved over hundreds of millions of years to do one thing: produce offspring and carry your genes on to the next generation. You chose to have your vas deferens surgically cut, which literally eliminates your entire reason for existing, and you complain about it? Come on dude. Man up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>

Please see my reply to Blazin. You elected to have a procedure done, you signed surgical consents that acknowledge side effects. A vasectomy doesn't touch your urethera so it has nothing to do with you peeing in a V shape, lol. Why does your mind go straight to suing a doctor who did what you wanted him to do? The vasectomy literally makes a small incision in your scrotum and cuts the vas deferens. It doesn't get near your pee stream. Clean your penis out after your have an orgasm. Milk it from the base to the tip to clear your cum out so you don't piss Vs. Also a vasectomy doesn't get near the nerves that innervate the penis and give it sensation / stimulation for sex.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Gee I can’t imagine how these things could possibly be related 🤔

RIGHT? It's like they're all covering each other's asses. Believe me, I've considered this, especially considering the surgeon works for a very high-powered hospital system. Maybe THE most high-powered in his state. I went to urologists all the way in my hometown, far away from there, and got the same kind of response though.

Weird irregularities:

-The surgeon told me that "that doesn't happen" in response to my problems, and suggested it was prostate-related. Then he checked my prostate, nothing wrong. So yeah, the surgeon that messed me up also proceeded to violate me with his hand the last time I talked to him.

-I talked to the other surgeon at his practice after-hours, off the record, and she told me that "these things can happen" because they have to move nerves around to get to the actual vas deferens, and nerves can get damaged. Which...is the closest I've gotten to a straight answer out of anybody, and it was in an off the record, non-appointment, "talk to someone after they've packed up to leave for the day and agree to sit down and talk for a bit" situation.

-Every other urologist since then has said that yes, it can happen, but it's super-rare, and that they don't know what causes it or what to do about it or how to prove it. Same answers from all of them.

Maybe I should go back to the woman who was honest with me and explained it best, and see what she can do. ...except she's in the same practice as that guy.

I've also considered getting the procedure reversed. I don't think that it'll do anything aside from render the whole thing completely pointless (well, not quite, I'm actually alright with having a kid now compared to seven years ago, if it happened to happen), and it might even make things worse. I'd ask a doctor, but THEY DON'T KNOW SORRY

Please see my reply to Blazin. You elected to have a procedure done, you signed surgical consents that acknowledge side effects. A vasectomy doesn't touch your urethera so it has nothing to do with you peeing in a V shape, lol. Why does your mind go straight to suing a doctor who did what you wanted him to do? The vasectomy literally makes a small incision in your scrotum and cuts the vas deferens. It doesn't get near your pee stream. Clean your penis out after your have an orgasm. Milk it from the base to the tip to clear your cum out so you don't piss Vs. Also a vasectomy doesn't get near the nerves that innervate the penis and give it sensation / stimulation for sex.

You shouldn't diminish what Blazin (or me) has had to deal with. I agree that most people can't tolerate the slightest inconvenience, but what he's talking about is far from that. It isn't just a temporary complication or an inconvenience, it's a serious life-altering complication that they downplayed or didn't mention at all that's still giving us grief years later. Diminishing what he said ain't it, dude.

It's seven years later so my mind didn't go straight to suing anybody. Thing is, I think he did something wrong. I've done some research and I know the vasectomy shouldn't have any impact on the urethra. But it did, meaning something was done that shouldn't have been done. Fact is something went wrong in there, and given how dodgy the surgeon was after the fact (lying repeatedly in follow-ups that it never ever happens, suggesting it was all in my head, and just generally coming off as highly anxious every time he saw me even on the first follow-up before I said anything), I think he knew that he messed up all the way back when he did the surgery.

That's messed up. I'm gonna try to get to the bottom of this issue one way or another. Since we're having such similar problems, I'll pass along anything I ever find out.

I've read accounts from other people who had even worse issues post-vas. Some ridiculous stuff can happen. Cutlery Cutlery mentioned in the vaccine thread that he too has post-vas problems, though different from what we have. Not sure if he wants to pop in here and compare notes.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I honestly don't think you would have any hope of winning in a lawsuit against a surgeon. @Falxy-US is very much right. Not only do I work in two ER's, I also work in a perianesthesia area and surgical consents go over all of this. There are always risks. If the doctor had taken off your left nut instead of your right nut, then you'd have a case.

I really don't even think imaging would show anything. What have urologists said about you reversing it? Likelihood of having sensation?

• 1Like

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
RIGHT? It's like they're all covering each other's asses. Believe me, I've considered this, especially considering the surgeon works for a very high-powered hospital system. Maybe THE most high-powered in his state. I went to urologists all the way in my hometown, far away from there, and got the same kind of response though.

Weird irregularities:

-The surgeon told me that "that doesn't happen" in response to my problems, and suggested it was prostate-related. Then he checked my prostate, nothing wrong. So yeah, the surgeon that messed me up also proceeded to violate me with his hand the last time I talked to him.

-I talked to the other surgeon at his practice after-hours, off the record, and she told me that "these things can happen" because they have to move nerves around to get to the actual vas deferens, and nerves can get damaged. Which...is the closest I've gotten to a straight answer out of anybody, and it was in an off the record, non-appointment, "talk to someone after they've packed up to leave for the day and agree to sit down and talk for a bit" situation.

-Every other urologist since then has said that yes, it can happen, but it's super-rare, and that they don't know what causes it or what to do about it or how to prove it. Same answers from all of them.

Maybe I should go back to the woman who was honest with me and explained it best, and see what she can do. ...except she's in the same practice as that guy.

I've also considered getting the procedure reversed. I don't think that it'll do anything aside from render the whole thing completely pointless (well, not quite, I'm actually alright with having a kid now compared to seven years ago, if it happened to happen), and it might even make things worse. I'd ask a doctor, but THEY DON'T KNOW SORRY

You shouldn't diminish what Blazin (or me) has had to deal with. I agree that most people can't tolerate the slightest inconvenience, but what he's talking about is far from that. It isn't just a temporary complication or an inconvenience, it's a serious life-altering complication that they downplayed or didn't mention at all that's still giving us grief years later. Diminishing what he said ain't it, dude.

It's seven years later so my mind didn't go straight to suing anybody. Thing is, I think he did something wrong. I've done some research and I know the vasectomy shouldn't have any impact on the urethra. But it did, meaning something was done that shouldn't have been done. Fact is something went wrong in there, and given how dodgy the surgeon was after the fact (lying repeatedly in follow-ups that it never ever happens, suggesting it was all in my head, and just generally coming off as highly anxious every time he saw me even on the first follow-up before I said anything), I think he knew that he messed up all the way back when he did the surgery.

That's messed up. I'm gonna try to get to the bottom of this issue one way or another. Since we're having such similar problems, I'll pass along anything I ever find out.

I've read accounts from other people who had even worse issues post-vas. Some ridiculous stuff can happen. Cutlery Cutlery mentioned in the vaccine thread that he too has post-vas problems, though different from what we have. Not sure if he wants to pop in here and compare notes.

I will check later, but from what I skimmed, sounds like we have different issues. So, I'm in pretty sporadic pain nowadays, but it gets worse if I don't maintain the same frequency. So, if we are banging a lot, that's fine. If we're not banging, that's fine...it's the area between the 2. We can bang every night, we're good, and we can go a week, we're good, but if we bang every night for a week and then take a week off, that's when it gets to be very uncomfortable.

I also did manage to get one benefit out of it...my orgasms are doubled up now. I've got the normal peak I've always had, but then hit a second peak halfway thru that one. That started right after the vasectomy, so it's definitely caused by that.

It sure makes up for it when your orgasms are twice as good.