Health Problems

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
If you had asked me about my health on 6/21 or earlier I would have described myself as generally healthy with a dogshit back and terrible sinuses. We live in the high desert where it’s dusty and dry as fuck and I never thought twice about my waking up with a splitting sinus headache and eating tylenol sinus tablets. Same with the back, chronic spine pain runs in my family and I’d pretty much resigned myself to being on pain meds for the rest of my life. My last back surgery (#7) was almost a year ago and it was a total failure.

On 6/22 I was playing FF16 when my wife found me on the floor having a seizure. I have never had a seizure before nor had I known I was prone to have one. She immediately freaked out and called 911. That turns out to have been the 100% correct move.

I have zero memory of most of this , some of what I know is from what she told me and what I read in the hospital discharge reports.

My first memory of this is being told I was in a CT machine at our local dinky hospital and I had a mass in my right brain that wasn’t supposed to be there. Turns out I had a brain tumor for who knows how long and it was only in my head.

Flash forward to seeing my brother in Las Vegas, I’ve been trying to get him to come to the city since I moved here and there he was! I said why the fuck are you here, then why am I here?! I was in a hospital bed in the ICU ward and apparently had been there for a week. I remember none of it.

You come to Vegas for fun, gaming , for concerts , you do not come here for health care! I live in a town where brothels are 100% legal, you can buy a case of vodka at CVS with 9 cartons of cigarettes and then go across the street and get some legal weed, it’s right beside the gun store.

Need a good doctor? Hahah fuck you. I checked out of the hospital on the 30th of June, I found out on 7/24 that I was supposed to follow up with a neurologist ... .Seriously wtf? I didn’t know why I had a seizure, so I promised my wife I would not play any games until I was told differently by a doctor. I see her point (I was playing FF16 when she found me) but fuuuuuckkkk it sucks not being able to play a game.

It’s a really good thing I never cared about my hair. I’m now sporting the zipper-head 2023 cut (scar temple to temple). Depending next week on what the radiation oncologist says , I may get the chance to experience baldness. Still don’t know if this is something I can laugh about in a few years or if I need to start getting yeet money together to Lamar Odom it up (that brothel is only a 15 minute drive from my front door).

The tumor is gone, but the long road of follow up begins. Weirdly this is semi-exciting as I do not know how much of the crippling back pain I’ve been dealing with was actually this tumor pressing on my brain. For one thing it would help explain why I have not had a doctor point at an MRI and say ‘this is why it hurts’.

Now this is FOH so I don’t expect anything less than who cares/gay/harrow and ball busting , that’s why I’ve been coming here since the early days of EQ.

For the record here gang if you take nothing else from this please take this: I had not prepared my wife for what to do if this all went to shit. I had to walk her through how to get to all our savings & my retirement account laying in a CT machine. If you have a SO, make sure they know what to do if shit hits the fan. That sucked more than any of the rest of this BS.

• 16Solidarity
  • 6Like
Reactions: 21 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I had a mass in my right brain that wasn’t supposed to be there. Turns out I had a brain tumor for who knows how long and it was only in my head.

The tumor is gone, but the long road of follow up begins.

Now this is FOH so I don’t expect anything less than who cares/gay/harrow and ball busting , that’s why I’ve been coming here since the early days of EQ.
1690564998178.gif

Who cares. Can I have your stuff? But seriously that's a real wakeup call. What kind of tumor was it? Hope you pull through and continue to shitpost on our favorite christian dating site, FoH bro.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
View attachment 484319
Who cares. Can I have your stuff? But seriously that's a real wakeup call. What kind of tumor was it? Hope you pull through and continue to shitpost on our favorite christian dating site, FoH bro.
No fucking idea, everything they send me is contradictory and all these damn drugs they have me on do not help. I go next week to find out what they want to do about preventing it from coming back .

And of course you can have my stuff

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
No fucking idea, everything they send me is contradictory and all these damn drugs they have me on do not help. I go next week to find out what they want to do about preventing it from coming back .

And of course you can have my stuff
Not to “eat garlic you f’n moron” the situation, but what’s your diet/exercise/sleep like the last few (or more?) years?

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Not to “eat garlic you f’n moron” the situation, but what’s your diet/exercise/sleep like the last few (or more?) years?
so are you asking me 'do you even lift bro' ? I try to keep my weight in check, I'm not a bodybuilder by any stretch but I was walking 2-4, 10+ acre construction sites a week as part of my job in the desert heat without issue. I have age and chronic back pain against me as well. Sept was 1 year for back surgery #7 , I was told that any/all relief I was going to get would be up to a year to determine what if anything to do next.

When I turned 40 , too long ago , I started having a full physicals every year around my birthday (LOL to try to get in front of any health issues LOL) , and I've never had one come back that was way off odd / etc. If you asking did I get what I fucking deserved, well I honestly don't know but assume I did. The 'reports' cannot agree what the tumor is made of for me to see if it's something I did to myself. My wife has a bunch of theories and I get her to ask the doc them so I don't have to argue with her about it later. So yeah, we meet with the radiation doc next week to hear his BS and see what hoops he has me jump through.

BTW If I'm being a fucking moron, I prefer being called on it. I hate pussyfooting around. Call a fucking spade a spade and be done with it. I cannot fix it if I don't know it's broken.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
You get to your 40's, some friends start dying. You might start dying. After 6 heart surgeries, 4 heart attacks including a triple bypass, more god damn pills than any human should ever have to take. I have come to the conclusion of, god damn I miss my 20's.
Be careful folks. Life is here, to kill you.

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 7 users

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
so are you asking me 'do you even lift bro' ? I try to keep my weight in check, I'm not a bodybuilder by any stretch but I was walking 2-4, 10+ acre construction sites a week as part of my job in the desert heat without issue. I have age and chronic back pain against me as well. Sept was 1 year for back surgery #7 , I was told that any/all relief I was going to get would be up to a year to determine what if anything to do next.

When I turned 40 , too long ago , I started having a full physicals every year around my birthday (LOL to try to get in front of any health issues LOL) , and I've never had one come back that was way off odd / etc. If you asking did I get what I fucking deserved, well I honestly don't know but assume I did. The 'reports' cannot agree what the tumor is made of for me to see if it's something I did to myself. My wife has a bunch of theories and I get her to ask the doc them so I don't have to argue with her about it later. So yeah, we meet with the radiation doc next week to hear his BS and see what hoops he has me jump through.

BTW If I'm being a fucking moron, I prefer being called on it. I hate pussyfooting around. Call a fucking spade a spade and be done with it. I cannot fix it if I don't know it's broken.
Brain tumors are pure RNG as far as we know. There is nothing you could've done differently. I'm sorry this is happening to you for what some random asshole on the internet is worth (not much I know).

• 1Like

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
So went to radiology oncology today, they still cannot agree what grade of glioma it is. They *think* it's a grade 2 but it *could* be a grade 4. I have a report marked *final* but apparently it's not the final and I should have the final this Friday from the same place that marked it final already but it isn't. Btw this 'place' is the University of Michigan medical university. What in the ever loving fuck are these people doing? Then the asshole asks can I go back to the brain surgeon to have him look at the incision site and make sure he's ok with radiation, like I need one more fucking roadblock / time sink in this bullshit. I need to decide if I want to get a 2nd opinion and I cannot even get a fucking 1st opinion.

Do not come to Las Vegas for medical care, they don't.

Anyway I know cry you a river

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
This is not medical advice etc etc usual disclaimer.

As someone that works in radiation oncology and used to attend those discussions I can tell you it's more common than you might think. For instance, when a referral comes in from one place to another it's not uncommon to reread pathologies and have different opinions.

As far as the incision, it has to be healed to a reasonable point of the radiation will hinder the healing . Radiations goal is to kill cells and normal cells get killed as well. We just try to focus on the target.

Here some actual advice. Write your questions down. Ask what window is ideal to start radiation or any treatment. When they say something vague like as soon as possible follow up with what does that mean. We won't be able to start today, what is the actual soonest we can start. If they say it isn't urgent to start ask what that means. Etc etc. You don't have to be an asshole but you and whoever comes with you are the only people that might know what worries you. Lastly 2nd opinions are cool with any competent physician. It's important to know how quickly you should get started though.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
This is not medical advice etc etc usual disclaimer.

As someone that works in radiation oncology and used to attend those discussions I can tell you it's more common than you might think. For instance, when a referral comes in from one place to another it's not uncommon to reread pathologies and have different opinions.

As far as the incision, it has to be healed to a reasonable point of the radiation will hinder the healing . Radiations goal is to kill cells and normal cells get killed as well. We just try to focus on the target.

Here some actual advice. Write your questions down. Ask what window is ideal to start radiation or any treatment. When they say something vague like as soon as possible follow up with what does that mean. We won't be able to start today, what is the actual soonest we can start. If they say it isn't urgent to start ask what that means. Etc etc. You don't have to be an asshole but you and whoever comes with you are the only people that might know what worries you. Lastly 2nd opinions are cool with any competent physician. It's important to know how quickly you should get started though.
You spelled 'get gud fgt ' wrong. :)

That's actually exactly what the doc said. And I'm going to call the surgeon tomorrow and get a email address and send them weeks of nightly photos (I take multiple pics nightly to track any issues/slow healing). What I'm NOT doing is stopping because they are weeks out with appointments and these 2 asshat docs cannot bother to speak to each other. I go Monday for the cage/hat/wtf ever and the following week I start getting zapped. If my head won't heal , well fuck my head I didn't tell it to get a tumor.

And seriously, thanks for the advise-not-advise. I write down questions and ask the doc to record the sessions since I am on drugs that confuse me and my wife's default is to freak out.

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
So went to radiology oncology today, they still cannot agree what grade of glioma it is. They *think* it's a grade 2 but it *could* be a grade 4. I have a report marked *final* but apparently it's not the final and I should have the final this Friday from the same place that marked it final already but it isn't. Btw this 'place' is the University of Michigan medical university. What in the ever loving fuck are these people doing? Then the asshole asks can I go back to the brain surgeon to have him look at the incision site and make sure he's ok with radiation, like I need one more fucking roadblock / time sink in this bullshit. I need to decide if I want to get a 2nd opinion and I cannot even get a fucking 1st opinion.

Do not come to Las Vegas for medical care, they don't.

Anyway I know cry you a river
Brain tumors are EXTREMELY complicated and the difference in a grade 2 vs grade 4 might need a second expert or further testing, not uncommon at all. Very common to send it out of state for a sub-subspecialty opinion. From everything you've described so far these docs seem to be doing right by you FWIW

Also as a side piece of trivia, Las Vegas basically ran all of the good doctors out of town by having a legendarily full retard medical malpractice climate back in the early 2000s. Nowadays that crown belongs to Miami

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
You spelled 'get gud fgt ' wrong. :)

I go Monday for the cage/hat/wtf ever and the following week I start getting zapped.
And seriously, thanks for the advise-not-advise. I write down questions and ask the doc to record the sessions since I am on drugs that confuse me and my wife's default is to freak out.
I've had quite a few of those masks made on me, I let radiation therapy students learn on me when they do it the first time. It's a weird sensation but it's pretty straightforward. The treatments are pretty quick generally (there are exceptions but you probably won't run into them) and they are much better than even a couple years ago. The therapists are your best friend, share anything (including travel issues etc, really anything that is concerning you) with them and use them as touchstones for questions as well.

• 1Like

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Brain tumors are EXTREMELY complicated and the difference in a grade 2 vs grade 4 might need a second expert or further testing, not uncommon at all. Very common to send it out of state for a sub-subspecialty opinion. From everything you've described so far these docs seem to be doing right by you FWIW

Also as a side piece of trivia, Las Vegas basically ran all of the good doctors out of town by having a legendarily full retard medical malpractice climate back in the early 2000s. Nowadays that crown belongs to Miami
So I called this morning at 9am when they opened and explained the situation. The Dr's receptionist got it 100% completely wrong , so I explained it again. Then I offered to do a VR visit , which I was informed that unfortunately they do not offer. Then I offered to email all the pics I took from 7/11 (when the 43 staples I had in my head) came out up to pics of that morning when I took a shower. I was then informed that in 2023 they do not have email. Seriously. But the dr's receptionist said she would talk to the doc, who unfortunately , was not in the office, about this and get back to me.

I got a call back from her an hour later informing me that she spoke with the doc and he was fine with how my surgical site was healing and I was ok to proceed with radiation. Despite seeing zero evidence of how it's healing one way or the other. I haven't seen the guy since he took the staples out of my head. I wrote it all down and saved it as 'evidence #1' and showed my wife where i saved it.

So maybe, just maybe the good doc's ran themselves out of town by being fucking retarded.

Anyhow , NFL is on right now and Baldurs gate 3 is almost downloaded, so today is going to be a GOOD DAY!

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Not sure how/why they’re marching forward with radiation before even grading it, and I would have assumed that would have been determined immediately post excision by a pathologist, but good luck man.

KDow

Blackwing Lair Raider
So I called this morning at 9am when they opened and explained the situation. The Dr's receptionist got it 100% completely wrong , so I explained it again. Then I offered to do a VR visit , which I was informed that unfortunately they do not offer. Then I offered to email all the pics I took from 7/11 (when the 43 staples I had in my head) came out up to pics of that morning when I took a shower. I was then informed that in 2023 they do not have email. Seriously. But the dr's receptionist said she would talk to the doc, who unfortunately , was not in the office, about this and get back to me.

I got a call back from her an hour later informing me that she spoke with the doc and he was fine with how my surgical site was healing and I was ok to proceed with radiation. Despite seeing zero evidence of how it's healing one way or the other. I haven't seen the guy since he took the staples out of my head. I wrote it all down and saved it as 'evidence #1' and showed my wife where i saved it.

So maybe, just maybe the good doc's ran themselves out of town by being fucking retarded.

Anyhow , NFL is on right now and Baldurs gate 3 is almost downloaded, so today is going to be a GOOD DAY!
If there really no good doctor's where you are, and based on the above being a clusterfuck. But this was just the Rad doctor's office correct? Not your Onco? I guess the question is, what's your plan?

Shitty inept doctor's can contribute to your death just as much as the cancer itself.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
If there really no good doctor's where you are, and based on the above being a clusterfuck. But this was just the Rad doctor's office correct? Not your Onco? I guess the question is, what's your plan?

Shitty inept doctor's can contribute to your death just as much as the cancer itself.
Radiation Oncologist looked at my actual head and wanted me to ask about the healing. I am unconcerned. The 'main' oncologist that is running this shit show did not bring it up , but all she has done to date is refer me to other docs and order 10000000000 tests again.

My plan is to get an actual final report on what was removed from my head. Most/all of my frustration is that I cannot get a straight answer on WHAT it is. The word 'mutation' is used as a possibility and I was told that doesn't mean I get to pick a superpower so I guess it's bad.

If it comes back as type 2 , I'll probably do the radiation/pill chemo that they want to do as the 5 year on type 2's isn't that scary and I'd like to get my life back in line. That would depend also on side effects of any chemo. I was told the current plan for radiation is 5 times a week for 5-10 minutes initially starting week after next.

If however it comes back as type 3 or 4, I'm going to look into a second opinions in LA or AZ. I'll still at least start radiation/chemo if the chemo isn't as bad as the disease. Frankly at that point I need to have a real hard think about how much hardship I want to put my family in. Fighting like hell to just croak and leave my wife destitute does not sound like fun.

The Surgeon (same one that didn't look but said I'm fine for radiation) told me he got 'all that was there' and he thought I was looking at type 2. But I cannot get a straight answer.

I'm also realizing I'm coming on here and whining like a bitch. How about I table this shit until I know WTF. I do appreciate everyone's feedback and I'm a little surprised that I'm not getting more shit than I am.

• 1Solidarity

joz123

Potato del Grande
Radiation Oncologist looked at my actual head and wanted me to ask about the healing. I am unconcerned. The 'main' oncologist that is running this shit show did not bring it up , but all she has done to date is refer me to other docs and order 10000000000 tests again.

My plan is to get an actual final report on what was removed from my head. Most/all of my frustration is that I cannot get a straight answer on WHAT it is. The word 'mutation' is used as a possibility and I was told that doesn't mean I get to pick a superpower so I guess it's bad.

If it comes back as type 2 , I'll probably do the radiation/pill chemo that they want to do as the 5 year on type 2's isn't that scary and I'd like to get my life back in line. That would depend also on side effects of any chemo. I was told the current plan for radiation is 5 times a week for 5-10 minutes initially starting week after next.

If however it comes back as type 3 or 4, I'm going to look into a second opinions in LA or AZ. I'll still at least start radiation/chemo if the chemo isn't as bad as the disease. Frankly at that point I need to have a real hard think about how much hardship I want to put my family in. Fighting like hell to just croak and leave my wife destitute does not sound like fun.

The Surgeon (same one that didn't look but said I'm fine for radiation) told me he got 'all that was there' and he thought I was looking at type 2. But I cannot get a straight answer.

I'm also realizing I'm coming on here and whining like a bitch. How about I table this shit until I know WTF. I do appreciate everyone's feedback and I'm a little surprised that I'm not getting more shit than I am.
Animated GIF

• 1Worf

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider

Haha if it’s any consolation you pretty much described every interaction I’ve ever had with a neurosurgeon. I’m surprised they even got to talk to the doc and not some random NP/PA that runs his post-op clinic!