Health Problems

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
1693197066879.png

Wound care follow up Tuesday for her. Still on one antibiotic pill and creams and twice a day bandage change. Friends trying to get me on this honey stuff, though not sure if going osmotic drying good. Currently docs said to leave everything on dont peel the skin off even though half fell off in shower and keep it creamed with the AB.

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
View attachment 488374

Wound care follow up Tuesday for her. Still on one antibiotic pill and creams and twice a day bandage change. Friends trying to get me on this honey stuff, though not sure if going osmotic drying good. Currently docs said to leave everything on dont peel the skin off even though half fell off in shower and keep it creamed with the AB.

Infrared could help, and.certainly not hurt.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Radiation starts tomorrow.
Chemo starts tomorrow.
I have to start taking an antibiotic for some form of pneumonia cuz chemo starting tomorrow

I have to be one of the assholes wearing a mask everywhere cuz of radiation/chemo attacking my immune system. Weirdly, this is the part that bothers me most. Also my wife works at a middle school (petri dish) so I'll have to avoid her as much as is reasonable. At least it starts tomorrow and in 42 odd days it ends.

• 9Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
53 here , I've had 3 myself. 1st one in late 40's due to stomach issues.
The idea of a camera up your butt is crazy / fuck that / etc
The reality of it is it's not a big deal at all, the prep sucks but the actual test you are not awake for.
And it can save your life.

Best of luck brah.
For me, I went the "poop in a box" option which doesn't involve prep. But also I don't have any history of colon cancer in my family....

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
For me, I went the "poop in a box" option which doesn't involve prep. But also I don't have any history of colon cancer in my family....
FWIW I've been told by multiple doctors/surgeons that that route is worthless. Note: I am not a doctor/surgeon and have no dog in the hunt.

• 1Solidarity

KDow

Blackwing Lair Raider
I had my second colonoscopy today.

Prep was a lot worse than the first time (or maybe I just deleted the last one from my memory). They had me taking milk of magnesia instead of miralax this time. Never again.

That shit is fucking nasty. My choices were fucking cherry or mint. I have no idea why I went with mint but fuck no. THAT shit was awful.

Also, with the pissing out the ass thing - Pro Tip. Get a bidet toilet add-on. With the number of times I went, if I was using straight TP my asshole would have looked like Pizza the Hutt by the time of the procedure.

Jesse Good | EverythingSpeaks

We installed a bidet for my wife not long before she passed and now I'm a convert. Especially after this. I wasn't really raw at all.

The whole ordeal itself was fine but the nausea afterward really fucked me up. They gave me zofran but it didn't do shit. I was supposed to log back in to work but lost pretty much the whole day. I hadn't expected that.

I'm pretty sure they told me while I was stoned that I have ulcerative colitis and they are sending some samples off for biopsy but I'll review the full report tomorrow.

• 1Like

Goatface

right hand and forearm been giving me issues for like 2 months, started getting worse last week. have trigger finger, carpel tunnel and tennis elbow. had carpel tunnel years ago, but the problems from tennis elbow made me think it was something else.

KDow

Blackwing Lair Raider

Prep was a lot worse than the first time (or maybe I just deleted the last one from my memory). They had me taking milk of magnesia instead of miralax this time. Never again.

That shit is fucking nasty. My choices were fucking cherry or mint. I have no idea why I went with mint but fuck no. THAT shit was awful.

Also, with the pissing out the ass thing - Pro Tip. Get a bidet toilet add-on. With the number of times I went, if I was using straight TP my asshole would have looked like Pizza the Hutt by the time of the procedure.

We installed a bidet for my wife not long before she passed and now I'm a convert. Especially after this. I wasn't really raw at all.

The whole ordeal itself was fine but the nausea afterward really fucked me up. They gave me zofran but it didn't do shit. I was supposed to log back in to work but lost pretty much the whole day. I hadn't expected that.

I'm pretty sure they told me while I was stoned that I have ulcerative colitis and they are sending some samples off for biopsy but I'll review the full report tomorrow.

Follow up. An additional development (not sure if its because I'm a few years older or because of the devil concoction known as milk of magnesia)

But my guts are NOT back to normal. I took it easy on Thursday afterwards and was fine, then today through lunch I ate pretty bland but had some beef jerky and was still fine. Later I had a chicken caesar wrap and the dressing may as well have been more of that magnesia shit. Fucking hell. I usually have an iron stomach.

• 1Barf
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>

Last time my prep was tablets. It was $40 with some coupon the doc gave me , you took I think 12 the day before with water , and 12 the day of. Easy peasy and zero taste. Called Sutab. Worth every penny vs the usual nasty ass stuff they want you to take.

edit : assuming this works, link to Sutab

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
For mine I had to take 2 or 3 bottles of some nasty tasting liquid in the 24 hours before the procedure. And no solid foods.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
I had the week off last week, and had a few things I had to get done. One was to tear down some gutter and roof de-icing cables and then thread new ones up, so I was on the roof from about 9am to 1pm. It was about 80 degrees, but cloudy, so even though I know full well what can happen at that, I completely spaced it and just kept telling myself "ah, this'll go quick, it'll be fine." So I ended up taking my shirt off a couple hours into it, and I was basically facing south the entire time as I was threading everything, but ended up with the weirdest shit happen. I sunburned my back....which I should have expected (except I was facing the sun, how the fuck did i sunburn my back, and my back only?), and it wasn't even really that bad on the scale of sunburns. But the worst part is a day and a half after I did, with the usual aloe treatment for the burn, I ended up having the most bizarre reaction - my back felt like I had 1000 burning needles stabbing right into random nerve spots constantly, it was absolutely unbearable. It would start off as a little uncomfortable, like it was itching, and then it would escalate into the most obscene form of torture ever invented. Anything I put on it would escalate the reaction to the point where I needed to get in the shower and wash all that shit off. I was about ready to run into traffic. I've had plenty of sunburns in my day, but absolutely nothing like this.

And then, as quickly as that shit happened, the sunburn completely faded away. Like I was burnt one day and totally fine the next. Makes me wonder if I had 2 completely different things going on that just so happened to coincide. Like, if I wasn't looking right at it, I'd be inclined to believe I just magically got Shingles and then it magically went away

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
check the aloe? normal brand/ingredients/etc. also taking any drugs? some stuff can make sun do weird things to you.
Yeah, sounds like it could have been a reaction to the cream. Maybe do a spot test with some Benadryl handy just to know if it's safe to use in the future.

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
check the aloe? normal brand/ingredients/etc. also taking any drugs? some stuff can make sun do weird things to you.

Yeah, that's what I thought too, but it's the same brand/bottle I've been using for awhile now, so that seemed unlikely. But then I sent the kid to the store to get whatever the fuck else they had, and got some spray and then something with lidocaine in it too and they both did the same shit. It was the most bizarre thing I've ever had happen. The only way I got thru it was I had my GF just cover my back with Cetaphil....so much so that it wasn't absorbing, my back was just soggy under my shirt for 2 days. Literally just coated it with a layer so thick nothing could actually touch my skin.

It's like I developed an allergy to everything overnight (was using it the first day with no issues) and just straight nerve pain the entire time...not the usual "oh, I got a sunburn and it's hot and hurts" shit.

And no, not on any meds. God willing forever with how little I trust the pharmaceutical industry these days!

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, that's what I thought too, but it's the same brand/bottle I've been using for awhile now, so that seemed unlikely. But then I sent the kid to the store to get whatever the fuck else they had, and got some spray and then something with lidocaine in it too and they both did the same shit. It was the most bizarre thing I've ever had happen. The only way I got thru it was I had my GF just cover my back with Cetaphil....so much so that it wasn't absorbing, my back was just soggy under my shirt for 2 days. Literally just coated it with a layer so thick nothing could actually touch my skin.

It's like I developed an allergy to everything overnight (was using it the first day with no issues) and just straight nerve pain the entire time...not the usual "oh, I got a sunburn and it's hot and hurts" shit.

And no, not on any meds. God willing forever with how little I trust the pharmaceutical industry these days!
Ah probably not if it happened with two different brands. Although wouldn't be too surprising if every similar product really came out of the same vat and that they changed some ingredient over to turpentine or something. I've been noticing that with a lot of products since everything started going to shit. Instead of jacking the price up even more, they cheap out in every possible way and ruin the thing.

Lurkus Maximus

Trakanon Raider
I had the week off last week, and had a few things I had to get done. One was to tear down some gutter and roof de-icing cables and then thread new ones up, so I was on the roof from about 9am to 1pm. It was about 80 degrees, but cloudy, so even though I know full well what can happen at that, I completely spaced it and just kept telling myself "ah, this'll go quick, it'll be fine." So I ended up taking my shirt off a couple hours into it, and I was basically facing south the entire time as I was threading everything, but ended up with the weirdest shit happen. I sunburned my back....which I should have expected (except I was facing the sun, how the fuck did i sunburn my back, and my back only?), and it wasn't even really that bad on the scale of sunburns. But the worst part is a day and a half after I did, with the usual aloe treatment for the burn, I ended up having the most bizarre reaction - my back felt like I had 1000 burning needles stabbing right into random nerve spots constantly, it was absolutely unbearable. It would start off as a little uncomfortable, like it was itching, and then it would escalate into the most obscene form of torture ever invented. Anything I put on it would escalate the reaction to the point where I needed to get in the shower and wash all that shit off. I was about ready to run into traffic. I've had plenty of sunburns in my day, but absolutely nothing like this.

And then, as quickly as that shit happened, the sunburn completely faded away. Like I was burnt one day and totally fine the next. Makes me wonder if I had 2 completely different things going on that just so happened to coincide. Like, if I wasn't looking right at it, I'd be inclined to believe I just magically got Shingles and then it magically went away
Suicide itch or devil's itch they call it. It's a real thing, and it's fucking MISERABLE. Feels like a million biting ants or wasps stinging. Turns out it's an allergic reaction to sunburn so luckily benadryl should work. I only realized that the last time I had it, took a few over the counter sleeping pills I had on hand (same active ingredient) and it calmed it within about 30 minutes.

I'm a Florida boy born and raised, so I've had more sunburns than I can count, but luckily this has only happened to me a few times. The last time I was staring at the cheese grater thinking that if I peeled all of my skin off, it couldn't itch anymore. It's that bad. One time I remember standing in the shower dumping a gallon of milk on myself hoping that would help. Nope, and now you're itchy and covered in milk.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
Suicide itch or devil's itch they call it. It's a real thing, and it's fucking MISERABLE. Feels like a million biting ants or wasps stinging. Turns out it's an allergic reaction to sunburn so luckily benadryl should work. I only realized that the last time I had it, took a few over the counter sleeping pills I had on hand (same active ingredient) and it calmed it within about 30 minutes.

I'm a Florida boy born and raised, so I've had more sunburns than I can count, but luckily this has only happened to me a few times. The last time I was staring at the cheese grater thinking that if I peeled all of my skin off, it couldn't itch anymore. It's that bad. One time I remember standing in the shower dumping a gallon of milk on myself hoping that would help. Nope, and now you're itchy and covered in milk.

That's exactly it. Great way to describe it...biting ants. It was fucking horrible. I was about to go out to the garage and get the wire brush.

The only time it was tolerable was when I was in the shower. Turn the water up as hot as it would go and it would calm it down (probably just deaden the nerves) for a half an hour or so. But then we surmised it was probably drying my skin out, and that was probably not great, hence the Cetaphil after I had someone home to cover my back for me.

Thanks for the info, glad I'm not fucking crazy or imagining it!

Edit : holy shit, looking that up is insane. That's definitely it, and definitely the way I felt. I was literally about to end it all. And I had a buddy off himself a few months ago, I have never been suicidal in any way, shape or form. But this....this was something else.

Lurkus Maximus

Trakanon Raider
Oh yeah, the "suicide" part of the name is definitely spot on. After a few hours of it I was definitely close to filleting my whole back just to get it to stop. I think the only thing that stopped me was the 100 hours or so I've got into my back tattoo I didn't want to go to waste haha. Strangely for me, running cold water was the only thing that eased it a little bit, hot just made it worse. But definitely keep some type of allergy relief on hand just in case it happens again. It's so damn random too, I think it happened to me once in my teens, once in maybe my late 20s, and then the last time about a year ago or so at 41. And this last one was a very mild sunburn, so I definitely wouldn't have expected it to turn into suicide watch for me.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
That's exactly it. Great way to describe it...biting ants. It was fucking horrible. I was about to go out to the garage and get the wire brush.

The only time it was tolerable was when I was in the shower. Turn the water up as hot as it would go and it would calm it down (probably just deaden the nerves) for a half an hour or so. But then we surmised it was probably drying my skin out, and that was probably not great, hence the Cetaphil after I had someone home to cover my back for me.

Thanks for the info, glad I'm not fucking crazy or imagining it!

Edit : holy shit, looking that up is insane. That's definitely it, and definitely the way I felt. I was literally about to end it all. And I had a buddy off himself a few months ago, I have never been suicidal in any way, shape or form. But this....this was something else.
Remember that feeling. We are always one bad moment away from the abyss.