Hearthstone TGT Tournament: Rerolled Edition

The Master

Bronze Squire
Rules:

1. You must have three decks. Each deck must be of a different class. There is no side boarding or changing decks between rounds, the decks you sign up with are the decks you'll be playing with. So far this has worked on an honor system. I really don't want to check decklists, so let us keep that way. I realize on a normal day to day basis people make small changes in their decks and the tournament might run for a week or so, so you'll either have to keep a list or sacrifice three deck slots.

2. You must win one game with each deck to win the set or the "Conquest" format, so the winner of each game must always switch decks, and the loser may or may not switch decks, their call.

3. The tournament is double-elimination. This means you're not out till you've lost two sets, so at a minimum you'll be playing two sets. We had a problem last time with people not realizing that.

4. Tournament link ishttp://challonge.com/RerolledTGTWhen you register there is an option to "sign up with alternate name" Click that and make your name for the tournament your Battle ID tag plus your classes. So Thegentleman#1373 (Rogue/Paladin/Warrior) as an example. If you don't put your classes and your Battle Tag ID in there, you aren't actually signed up and will get removed when I make brackets. Direct sign up link is here:http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/DTCeBxIeAz

5. Sign ups last till Sunday the 27th at 10 AM PDT. After that I'll go through, confirm each entry followed the guidelines, and generate brackets. There isn't a specific timeline for matches, it is up to you at that point to friend your opponent and report results. Please take a screenshot of the games just in case of a dispute. The winner can put the results of the match on the website, or post it here and I'll do it for you.

6. The loser's bracket finals, winner's bracket finals, and grand finals will be streamed/casted by me, so if you get there don't play without me. If you'd like to see your match casted outside of that, coordinate it with me and I'll make time for it.

7. In the event that the loser's bracket winner wins a set in the grand finals, a second set will be played.

EDIT: Forgot! Prizes. You get a nifty purple custom forum title. Update: Someone gave me a pack code for HS, so first place is now a fancy forum title and a free HS card pack!
biggrin.png

Questions? Comments? Think I covered everything, but there is always something. Good luck to everyone who signs up!

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Thanks for setting this up bro. I'll get signed up by the deadline. Watched a lot tournies lately, familiar with the set up, looking forward to it.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
I didn't see anywhere to actually sign up, I did register for the site though.

Taho

N00b
Do your decklists need to be locked in when you sign up, or can you tweak them before the tourney starts?

Alexzander

Golden Knight of the Realm
If it's anything like last times, we just post classes, no deck lists. We're on an honor system to not be dicks. It's worked fine before. Forum pals and all.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
So I created an account but I'm not seeing how to actually enter the tournament? What am I missing?

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Is it double elimination? I also recommend just allowing people to change decks throughout the tournament. Not within a match of course, but between matches.

Lets face it, we aren't pro's. People are going to go in and use things and possibly think man if I only I had done this instead. I think it'll make for a better tournament.

The Master

Bronze Squire
It is double elim. Eh, with some of the matches being casted I'd rather have people stick to deck lists. There is always next tournament.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'd probably still go with Warrior, Paladin, Mage if we could swap decks between matches.