Hearthstone TGT Tournament: Rerolled Edition

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
That's more argument for being allowed to change
tongue.png
I prefer to have locked in decks as it awards strategic planning ahead over making adjustments on the fly. The pros are bitching about having no bans which I tend to agree with. Bans add another strategic element which imo is necessary at the pro level. You should be allowed to ban out the decks you hate: Patron/Secrets/etc. Bans are prevalent in all other Esport games and Hearthstone needs to adopt it.

For our little tournament we don't need to get into having bans. I believe we had bans in the past but it was kinda lame since the method for banning was archaic.

Locked decks awards skilled players more as you can research and recall tech choices of your opponents. With double elim there is chance you will face an opponent more then once and if you can recall back to the 1st time you played him you will have an edge and it will influence your decisions, rather than having it be a strictly RNGstone tournament.

I really think decks should be submitted somewhere but with such a small meaningless tournament I'm fine with the honor system, too.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I don't know if we have any influence but I would like a ban option as well. It would allow newer players the option of disabling a dominant deck giving them a more sporting chance.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Maybe you guys should actually read the conquest rules. I can't just steamroll you in 3 games with Patron, I have to win once with every deck I bring. Once I win with a deck, I can't use it against you again.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Conquest format can still have bans, but then we'd need 4 decks instead of 3.

And yea, I am curious how many players on this board are actually bringing Patron and will succeed with it. I have low expectations, and am not bringing Patron personally
biggrin.png

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Eh, for Conquest I'd think you just want to use the three most broadly powerful decks you could. I'd be very surprised if the final winner of this isn't running both Patron and Secret Pally, although the third choice has a few options.

The Master

Bronze Squire
The ban system wasn't so bad when we did it before, we had a website that allowed simultaneous bans if you really wanted to make it fair. I agree adding a ban adds a certain strategic element, but I also know a lot of the people who are likely to sign up are still new-ish at HS and will struggle to have three decks, let alone four, so I left off the bans this time.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
The ban system wasn't so bad when we did it before, we had a website that allowed simultaneous bans if you really wanted to make it fair. I agree adding a ban adds a certain strategic element, but I also know a lot of the people who are likely to sign up are still new-ish at HS and will struggle to have three decks, let alone four, so I left off the bans this time.
That's fine with me.

Another question. When I win this and get my purple title will slipperies title be removed or maybe editted to say "former"

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Are we allowed to change our deck choices until Sunday the 27th at 10 AM PDT? Currently I have it set at druid/paladin/hunter but say I want to change that up?

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Are we allowed to change our deck choices until Sunday the 27th at 10 AM PDT? Currently I have it set at druid/paladin/hunter but say I want to change that up?
Where do you set the deck choices? Not seeing anything on the tournie page.

Dokupuffs is in. Also I single-handedly defeated Mippo in the ranger vallon zek BOTB!!! Why is my opponent hiding his decklist!?! Totally unfair

The Master

Bronze Squire
Sorry, I had a really late night last nigh and woke up a little sick this morning. Starting the brackets now.